PDA

View Full Version : So some retard...

mephyst
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
from this site IM's me on AIM asking for help with setting up a Paypal account. His screen name was something like qasar and said he was "qazzy" from exriders.

I got a little fed up with his annoyance so I was like $hit I'll just help the poor kid...

He said he was having trouble with an expanded use number. I told him what to do and he direct connects with me and says it's showing him this. He sent me a .exe file and I just started laughing. Then came the "Just right click, and open."

And then came my: listen you little $&%#@&#@$& I'm not going to open your little .exe program.

So please, everyone that reads this... don't let your guard down and accept anything from:
1. people you don't know
2. .exe files

CRich[814]
04-23-2007, 08:27 PM
that was me. sorry. ill get the next guy.

im just kidding. people are strange. wtf is a .exe file?

quader400
04-23-2007, 08:34 PM
yea whats an .exe file. i would have opened it haha. but probably would have never helped him in the first place. haha

Scro
04-23-2007, 08:36 PM
It's an "executable" file, usually used to open programs. In this case, a virus or something of that nature:ermm:

04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Probably trying to send you a keylogger.

LONG LIVE THE SMARTS.

04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
an executable program file. pretty much any icon you click to run a program is an .exe file... but you can have deltrees, virii, password stealers, adware, spyware, etc.... through these files too which can get nasty... basically dont run any file sent to you via email, IM, PM, etc unless you really know or really trust the person you are talking to