PDA

View Full Version : Nationals

KingpinsEx
04-23-2007, 06:15 PM
For all you GNC guys out there... What classes if any can you race cannondales in still? Since ATK still produces them can you run pro-production? Any info will be appreciated..

peterock
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
an ATK won the stock production last year. You can run your cannondale. Make sure you check www.atkusa.com to see if you qualify for their contingency for the GNC's.

KingpinsEx
04-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't have one yet but i was considering thats why i'm asking. It would be kinda pointless to buy a racequad that you can't really enter into the competitive classes, such as a 250R. Or at least be limited to what classes you want to race.... Why the heck doesn't ATK sponsor at least one pro rider, they are selling full on race bikes, but no1 get's to see what they can do?

So i guess a moto would dominate the stock class handes down!

peterock
04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I am working with ATK to sponsore some riders at the national level. We got into the game too late for this year. It has also made it a challenge to through around the money like Suzuki and such.

Sandgod4
04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
ATK isn't going to sponser anybody!!! LMAO!!!!! They can't even pay the continginsies (SP) they still owe to people..

Brown450R
05-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
ATK isn't going to sponser anybody!!! LMAO!!!!! They can't even pay the continginsies (SP) they still owe to people..

Is it that they 'can't' pay, or that they WON'T pay? Big difference there. If they can't, that is not good. If they won't pay, for whatever reason, be it from difficulty in confirming race results or whatever, that is different. It took Moose a LONG time to get my wife her contingincy money and they make you jump through so many hoops, after that bs she said "never again". Racing for contingency money is a big pita and in my opinion a waste of time. I'm sure ATK is just like every other company out there and is very stingy when it comes time to actually pay you. My advice is that if you aren't good enough to get money up front to race a certain brand of quad, don't bother trying to win contingency money. Just ride.

Sandgod4
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
It's both. I live by them and haven't seen one ATKannondale quad or bike yet. I go the the dunes 25x a year and have yet to see a single anything from them. I see a Cannondale every once in awhile or a vintage Rotax ATK but no rebadged Dales EVER!!

peterock
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Hmmm, that's funny. I live in Wisconsin and know of three them in our mx series.

rollie
05-01-2007, 08:35 PM
i know of one around here the guy stoped racing it though:confused: i dont know why, i know if they got the name out more, did more advertising and where a little more popular id be on one for sure

Thats of ATK's though

I know of about 8-10 dales around here:cool:

firefighterjosh
05-01-2007, 08:35 PM
My dad owns one and I seen about 2 or 3 every race in my area:D