PDA

View Full Version : Researching opening a riding park

Jonesy
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
My company is looking into branching out into completely new markets for us. We have been doing the same thing for the past 200 years so we are trying to reinvent ourselves. The idea was proposed of an ATV/Off-Road park. I am trying to do some research to either prove or disprove the financial feasability of such a project.

We were thinking that a motorcross track, 300 foot drag, mud pit, and a minibike track would be feasable and would not require as much land as a regular riding park.

I am looking for some of the following information, along with anything else that may be helpful.
-Statistics on the growth of the atv and motorcycle industry.
-What you normally pay when you go to a riding park.
-Insurance information
-General attendance for a mx race, drag race, or mud bog
-Camping or RV hookups

The company has the capital to throw behind this project if we can come up with a killer business proposal to sell to the bossman.

Thanks in advance for any all input
JT Jones

firefighterjosh
04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I will awnser what I can
-What you normally pay when you go to a riding park- I pay $10 - $20 per day here in Indiana Michigan $7 after you buy a $16 ORV.
-Camping or RV hookups - Water and Electricity should be god enoguh. Also a dump tank for RVs

Motocross Track, Mud Bogg, Drag Strip are all good ways to get people to come. Nice bog woods would be nice as well.

WickedQuad
04-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Jonesy
My company is looking into branching out into completely new markets for us. We have been doing the same thing for the past 200 years so we are trying to reinvent ourselves. The idea was proposed of an ATV/Off-Road park. I am trying to do some research to either prove or disprove the financial feasability of such a project.

We were thinking that a motorcross track, 300 foot drag, mud pit, and a minibike track would be feasable and would not require as much land as a regular riding park.

I am looking for some of the following information, along with anything else that may be helpful.
-Insurance information
-Camping or RV hookups

The company has the capital to throw behind this project if we can come up with a killer business proposal to sell to the bossman.

JT Jones

Hey there

I am actually starting on this here in PA.

I read over the Hatfield McCoy Trails website and several others and what they have done can be duplicated prety easily.

I will PM with more thoughts.

underpowered
04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Jonesy

-Insurance information
-Camping or RV hookups

JT Jones

Holy cow, have you actually proposed this to jeb?

i am on the other end of the deal, i work for a local Cycle shop looking at opening and oporating the park, but the company jonesy is talking about would be a great finacial backer (whom i also work for:D) we are trying to come up with a good business plan to show that it would be feasible to open a MX park and that it could work finacially. Any info would be great. BTW Jonesy, have you tried PMing Dan harris or pappy about breezewood?

WickedQuad
04-24-2007, 07:28 AM
I have a sample business plan I use for other businesses.

If you Google my name Clint Dixon I own 9 out of the top 10 results.

You got the money to get it done, I know how to write it up and market it :cool:

underpowered
04-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by WickedQuad
I have a sample business plan I use for other businesses.

If you Google my name Clint Dixon I own 9 out of the top 10 results.

You got the money to get it done, I know how to write it up and market it :cool:

well as for the cycle shop, we already have a plot of land we are "interested" in. we just do not have teh capital to go ahead with teh deal. right now we are writing a business plan to present to potential investors. we are trying to find out from local area tracks so numbers to show to people it can work finacially.

plans would be an Indoor track, Outdoor GP style track, 300ft dirt drag, mud bog. possibly some other tracks like an SX track and junior track.

WhiteZee
04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
i would not go to a riding area with out trails.....

underpowered
04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
i would not go to a riding area with out trails.....

well we hope to have a small XC style loop, but with teh land we are looking at we have a limited area to work with. but right now it is all in the "what if" stage. we have not made a formal offer on the land, we are looking at the possibilites of what could come of it. as a shop, we would love to have a few thousand aacres for trails as well as a decent track and such, but the aera we are in is becoming more and more populated and land is expensive and hard to come by.

trx450jason
04-24-2007, 10:05 AM
On the other hand there are some people that only ride on mx tracks like me. It just depends on how big mx is in your area. One thing I can't see is some of the people coming out just for the mud bogs without any trails.