PDA

View Full Version : Kymco 90 intake question

Nick's #1 Fan
04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I have a question about a Kymco 90 intake and Carb. I just had a powroll sleeve(120) put into this 90 and I was wondering what carb I should use for this.

I was given a carb from a 125 kymco scooter (Keihn) but it won't clear the motor when I put it on the stock intake. I tried using a pit bike intake since it is turned but it still won't clear the cylinder.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What did you do to fix it?

I don't wnat to use the stock carb because I think that it will be too small.

Any help would be great!!!!

Traindog71
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
get a carb from an XR100 dirt bike, should be fine, other options include the KFX90 (same bike made for Kawi but 2mm larger carb) or KLX110 carb, both should work fine, your biggest problem will be the intake manifold, it is soooooo restricted, find a way to hog that out or find something larger that fits, I have a KFX90 with the Powroll kit and camshaft, you can also get the Two Bros exhaust made for the KFX90, I just added JB Racing +2 a-arms

Nick's #1 Fan
05-03-2007, 09:23 AM
What intake did you use? If youare using the stock intake is the it larger?

I have had this thing put together right up to the carb and am having trouble figuring it out.

Did you have any problem with clearance on the motor? (carb clearing the motor?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Traindog71
05-03-2007, 09:26 AM
search for "GY6 intake" on Ebay, you can try one of those, just have to do something for the boot from the airbox to the carb, unless you want to run open element air filter