PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber wheels???????

NOS EX300
10-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Whats the benfit of having carbon fiber wheels?
Are they stronger then .190's? and is so how much?
What do they weigh? Thinking of getting a set so any help would be great!!!!!

Sick0
10-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Well they cost more when you buy them, but they are moduler so if you break the outer shell you can boy one for like 20 bucks or some thing. There alot stronger. The weight alot less than aluminum. And they have a 1 year warrenty on them.

toby400ex
10-17-2002, 08:54 PM
also catbon fiber doesnt scratch does it, i thought the carbon fiber bead locks didnt cost much more than aluminum beadlocks.

racerx573
10-18-2002, 07:12 AM
Talk to beerock, he will hook you up! beerock420@hotmail.com

beerock
10-18-2002, 09:40 AM
http://users.rcn.com/beerock/beadlocks/rims2.jpg

Being lighter and stronger than any beadlock on the market arent the only advantages.The tech 2's are redesigned and now use a billiet center with an oring to seal both rim halves together, making them even more flexible and no more air leaks!

Instead of being unflexible like a conventional or billet rim, Hi-per carbon beadlocks are flexible, Since they are flexible they add a "suspension like" characteristic to your quad,, which improves handling.

Alot of people say, "If I want to lose weight on my bike I wont eat before a race" . well, besides being unhealthy,(you should always eat before a race for energy) losing weight on your body does not help the quad out as much as losing weight in specific areas.

This specific area imparticular, is the wheel. The lighter the rim is, the less unsprung mass there is, which makes the suspension work more efficiently. This also improves suspension longevity over long periods of time(it will reduce shock fade and extend shock life)

The newest additions to Hi-per are the new long awaited 8x8 rim with integrated hub
The engineers at Hi-per have worked tediously to come up with this design, being the first of its kind since atv's started. The engineers design eliminates a part that has been on atv's since the begining, the hub.
There ingenious engineering incorporates the hub with the rim and allows the axle bolt and cotter pin to hold the rim/hub in place.
This not only makes for a trick look, it also saves you,the consumer,money. ever price a set of billet hubs?$$$

heres the hub :
http://users.rcn.com/beerock/beadlocks/quick%20change.jpg

Ex'r Marlin
10-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Plus with the HiPer carbon fibers... From my experience... You will not get "flat spots" around your rim like you can with the aluminum ones.:cool:

Note: Remember that these rims are beadlocks... so they may weigh more than non beadlock rims. Not only do the beadlocks help make the rim stronger and truer, but they avoid having the tire come off the bead and/or rim with a flat.:cool:

HiPer all the way!:) Like SickO said... They also come with a one year warranty.... WOW!

blood red
10-19-2002, 09:18 PM
anywhere they are the cheapest? or are they only at hiper-technology.com Those are sweet.

loganB
10-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Now I no what I wont for chrismas:D :D

99'300EX
10-19-2002, 09:37 PM
those look sweet does anyone have em, if so how do u like them. maybe if i save up some cash ill consider them, cuz i bent my right, rear rim pretty bad about a week ago...

Nausty
10-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Yah, I got some hiper wheels ordered from the quadshop for the rear:D

beerock
10-19-2002, 10:10 PM
if your serious and want them let me know, email me.