PDA

View Full Version : My fun weekend up in upstae NY

soda7o
04-23-2007, 09:42 AM
well my quad took a beating this weekend over at some trails in upstate New York by Newburg or something.

they they start out like this.. first ride i get stick in a mud hole.. luckily a buddy is there with a 4X4 and a winch and tows me out.. about 2 minutes later coming out of ditch i hit a tree log and snapped my clutch perch lever ( well just the bolt that holds it on place) .. that should have been a sign, but i didn’t take notice..
after some minor disassembly of my friends quad i get a replacement bolt and Quad is back..
about an hour later i let my friend ride my quad as i am riding his... he pops a wheelie, 12s it.. after the cloud of dust settles i see him chasing the quad as it is headed for a tree... well he didn’t catch it in time :( It ended up hitting a tree and the front bumper (IMS) did its job and took the impact (well most of it) and got all warped and bent out of shape. this resulted in a minor bent to my left tire rod and a warped front bumper.. that was hint number two... but no i go on...

last run of the day we get suited up and boogie down some trails.. i take a little jumpy jump and think nothing of it.. about 5 seconds later i am hearing a horrible squeaking/ rubbing sound coming from my quad., and as i keep riding it is getting worst. after some investigation on trail i discover that my chain adjustment Hub (sorry don’t know the proper name is cracked and my rear axle is loose, something’s probably inside eating up my axle bearings or the axle bearings are shot..
anywho that was the of my day :( all in all had a blast but now its back to the repair shot. now its time to tare it apart and see what needs to be replaced..

just wanted to share my story thanks for reading.

400exrider707
04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
The bearings have probably been bad for a while. A simple pre-ride inspection would have revealed this... oh well time for aftermarket parts, and next time you will know to look!;)

soda7o
04-23-2007, 12:08 PM
yeah they were on the way out.. i tought i could squeez a few more hours in anyway .. gues not..
suggestions on afteramrket goodies are welcome

Hookrone
04-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Soda, LMK when you head out again. I'm ready to go.