PDA

View Full Version : Widen and lengthen

riding4fun
04-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Blaster owners,

I bought my 13 yr old daughter a 05 Blaster last week that is bone stock.
I would like some suggestions along with approximate prices to widen (a arms - axle) and lenghten (swingarm) this thing. I want to stay in the $1000 range.

I seen some a arms on ebay (ASR), then read about complaints, so I really don't know which ones are safe.

Thanks

blasterfreak99
04-23-2007, 09:24 AM
im not sure about a arms but for your axle i would suggest durablue, lonestar, or gforce(gforce is the cheapest but still pretty good). until you get a arms you can flip your front rims around and it will make it about 2 inches wider in the front. hope this helps.

honda450rider33
04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
for the front i would flip the rims and maybe some wheel spacers and some arms if you have the dough, before i bought the arms i would try the spacers and flip the rims, with my rims flipped i measured about a 2 inch gain on both sides with stock rims and with a 2 inch spacer on each side that is a total of 8 inches that is a very wide blaster almost to wide in stock form i would not put them in the rear, in the rear i would get a wider axle probrably a g-force, i personally would not do a longer swingarm on a stock blaster, maybe a built one but it would not really do anything for you

Xater
04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
asr a arms, works front shocks(stokers are horrable and throw me around at 180 pounds), durablue axle(cheep on rockymountainatv.com), +3 stock extended swingarm, 400ex rear shock. that should be around 1000. probly a little more.

riding4fun
04-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info everybody, it's good to know that some parts are interchangeable.

R3b3lx
04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Burgard +2/+1 a arms-ebay...300bucks
banshee axle-ebay...50bucks (direct bolt in adds 3.5-4"
swingarm-ebay-swingarm shop--190? dont go over +2"
banshee shocks up front-ebay-cheap
400ex rear shock-ebay-cheap

riding4fun
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by R3b3lx
Burgard +2/+1 a arms-ebay...300bucks
banshee axle-ebay...50bucks (direct bolt in adds 3.5-4"
swingarm-ebay-swingarm shop--190? dont go over +2"
banshee shocks up front-ebay-cheap
400ex rear shock-ebay-cheap

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Thanks

flyin#5
04-27-2007, 12:46 PM
that setup would work decent. the valving of the banshee shocks would be pretty decent with the +2's. i do have a pair of works dual rate shocks only used for a year maybe for 225$ if you want to go that way.

i have asr a-arms and havnt had a problem until the last ride i did... the lower heim joint bolt came out... which is my fault for not using loctite. i also have a g-force axle. i bent one with an EXTREMLY hard landing and the rear right wheel took all the impact.. they sent me a new one free. 400ex rear shock... well i've blown 3 of them. the shaft comes unscrewed from the bottom mount body where your valve is... then i find myself having a low rider. im not sure weather its the angle of the shock or what that would cause that... just a heads up. all my stuff is used to its limits....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Flyin5/DSC00254copy.jpg

Benjithx
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
flyin#5

email me at benjmitchell@gmail.com
as soon as you can

I would like to use a couple of your pics

Thanks