PDA

View Full Version : easy way out....dynojet or keihin

broke_it_again
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
It looks like everyone likes the Keihin kit vs. the dynojet....i've looked at motosport.com & rocky, and can't find a keihin kit...any ideas, or is it no big deal to stick with dynojets?

Thanks for all the quick responses on my first post!!!

broke_it_again
04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
...or how 'bout the FMF kit? Same diff?

If I get the upgraded 450R carb (seems like a great idea for cheap) will I need to get a new kit specifically for the enhancement, or will whatever kit I get have the jets to cover it?

underpowered
04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
the "kit" is not worth it. you can buy the individual jets from the local shop, or off the web for only a few bucks each.

keihin does not really make a jet kit. the reason mos tlike using keihin jets is because dynojet uses a different sizing system than keihin does, so they keep keihin jets for uniformity. and yes factory keihin jets will fit a 400ex carb as well as a 450r carb, but if you upgrade to teh 450 carb your jetting will change due to the larger carb.

ryanp
04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Do yourself a favor and get Keihin jets....the dynojet kits are junk in my opinion. The bike I just bought had one in it and it ran like crap. Put the stock needle and jets back in and purrs like brand new. My local motorcyle shop has Keihin jets in stock...most do so just go down and buy a couple different sizes and try them out. My shop even lets me bring the ones back that I don't use and gives me my money back. Goodluck!

Scott S
04-22-2007, 11:08 PM
also with Keihin jets, you can change the main without removing the carb. The Dynojets use a flathead screwdriver vs. the 6mm socket of the Keihin.

wrobben
04-23-2007, 09:34 AM
there is nothing wrong with the DynoJet jets, u just have to use the right one and tune it right, ive got an open airbox and K&N airfilter, and u wouldnt believe the power i got, no problem what so ever with the carb, runs better then stock so that tells u DynoJets are good jets. Also u can change the DynoJet main with the carb still on the bike, your socket will go right over the main jet and onto the adapter which will come right out no problem.