PDA

View Full Version : new company, What should be on shelf

mkremer1
10-12-2002, 09:31 AM
What should I keep on the shelf at all times? Let me know product, brand, size, and color, and tell me why you like this product.

My hope is to make my company as large as parts unlimeted and the rest of the big boys. I will be selling over the internet as soon as I get my crdit card machine hooked up or if you want to pay with pay pals or cert. check.
I have most hard parts covered from Alpine stars to wesice and everything in between. Tell me what works.

Tanx,Mike at camatv.
Hastings,MN
I also carry parts for dirt bikes. ( parts for stret bikes and H.D. will be special order at this time)

10-12-2002, 09:32 AM
depends on what people around u ride, def stock diff oils and lubes

CHAUNCY
10-12-2002, 09:37 AM
make sure you keep bars on at all time
I like renthal but thats just me
And graphics kit
I have the troy lee dragon one
and bumbers
I have a dg but there are other nice ones
And grab bars
I have a dg but again there are other nicce ones
You also might want to keep a subframe
I tihnk alot of people bend em
I didnt bend mine but i got a lonestar subframe
Maybe keep some tierods
i have a nice pair
Keep some axles
And a arms
And maybe some steering stems
Where are you gonna open your store ?
Whats it called ?
That would be awsome to have your own shops

DMC mx400ex
10-12-2002, 09:48 AM
are you going to sell over the internet?? cause if ur just going to have a local store i would'nt carry to many expenisve parts.. just bumpers skidplates, bars, oil, lubes.

Nausty
10-12-2002, 09:48 AM
should make them order axles and a-arms probably. Not many people end up replacing them and when they do they usually do it once. I'm think jets, filters, bars for sure, nerfs, bumpers, jets, tires, grips. Basicly lots of wear items or items that are prone to breaking.

10-12-2002, 09:51 AM
you should definately have number plates and numbers in all sizes and colors. Bumpers and nerfs. Helmets and all other gear. Handlebars, perches and killswitches. DEFINATLY HAVE K&N FILTER CLEANER AND LUBE AND FOAM FILTER CLEANER AND LUBE ALONG WITH CHAIN LUBE. Also carry motor oils. I think those are musts and if u wanna get fancy have tires rims plastics graphic kits etc.

tants
10-12-2002, 12:28 PM
lubes, oil, huevos 1-4, different quad manuals, ect.

motochris
10-12-2002, 01:12 PM
Are you going to do just quads or are you going to deal in dirtbike stuff to??? Just wondering......

10-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Carry Klotz oil and keep Huevos 4 on dvd around.

FoxRacing400EX
10-12-2002, 02:19 PM
As said before the type of buisness makes a difference. If it's just a small local shop I'd have just a couple axles, nerf bars, pipes, plastic, skids and such from the manufacturers that you'll be carrying out for display. That way you don't have 20 axles in backstock that nobody wants and you paid for, but when someone comes in and whats to see what one looks like up close before they buy it it's there to see. That's something that irritates me about shops around my area, you have to order everything before you can see what it looks like in person.

Rip_Tear
10-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Good luck with the new buisness, Be prepared for anything. I have to suggest making sure you know how to install everything that you stock! Even if you dont plan on installing anyone elses stuff.

Tommy 17
10-12-2002, 06:06 PM
if i were u i would stock 2 sets of ac pro pegs at all times
ac bumper
5 set of so of renthal bars in 400ex bend and 250r bend
5 or 6 k&n filters for a 400ex and 250r
5 or 6 out wears
couple shock wears
couple skid plates rear and body
gripz
oils and a differnt variety (nothing worse then goin to a dealership and htey don't have ur oil!!!!!!!!!)

theres lot of things u could stock just look at our sign and see what most of us have u will get the idea... remember this not everyone is rich;)

racin 400
10-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Tires and rims.
Renthal bars.
grips+glue.
air filters.
Sprokets.
chains.
grahics.
lubes.
lots of spark plugs.
clothing.
helemts.
stickers.
brake pads.
levers and perches.
plastics.
ummm QUADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-12-2002, 09:16 PM
IMo should lots a lil stuff levers, brakes, lines, oils,
its the lil stuff peiple HATE waiting for ..high maintence items ..
gasktes, oem stuff .. seals ..peolpe understand waiting fo high dollar stuff.....
plugs filters ec ...good luck
Where wiil ya be located ..?

DMC mx400ex
10-12-2002, 09:18 PM
parts with my name on em!!!...

bermbanger400
10-12-2002, 11:45 PM
i think i would skip on the a-arms and axles lil pricey to be just sitting on.

normal wear parts such as brakes,chains,sprockets etc...

riding gear is a hot seller around here and graphics.

also pipes and silencers are good to have on stock there a big seller.

and depends on what most ppl do with there quads around your parts would depend on tires and wheels.

also check with some of the oil companies they will sit up a display in your shop.such as amsoil and lucas save you some overhead.

and good luck with your business hope you do well.