PDA

View Full Version : I'm completly stumped, any suggestions

dragex400
04-22-2007, 12:14 AM
I have an 04 400, stock bore, 11.1 piston, extreme port work and polished, k&n air filter no lid, hotcam stage 2. I've been trying to make a dynatek fs programmable ignition work. I'm on my 5th ignition, dynatek keeps replacing them when they burn out. I put the ignition on and it starts right up and idles fine, when I get into a rev of about 5000 rpms the engine shuts off like the tether switch was pulled and the ignition is blown, I send it to dyna they replace it. I've checked all of my grounding and its fine. I've metered my regulator when it running and reving and its normal. I've consulted with Paul Gast from Fast By Gast in Buffalo, NY and he suggested to run an independant power source from the battery with a 5 amp fuse inline. This set up was the most success I had, I rode about 3 miles, stopped then tried to go for another ride blew the ignition. By the way the dyna box plugs into the stock wiring harness for a constant 12v source. Everytime the ignition blew it was in a high rev, it will idle with no problems. I have no problems when I run the stock ignition box. Any Ideas on whats going on here. Anybody have any experience with dyna programmable ignitions?