PDA

View Full Version : How much OIL?

TXATVRIDER
04-21-2007, 10:06 PM
How much oil do you put in the crankcase of a 04 Banshee? I'm changing it out for the first time

KeHall
04-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I belive it is a quqrt and a half put it in and check it I just changed mine and it was a little more than that

400exrider989
04-21-2007, 11:20 PM
well i believe it is more than 1.5 quarts really its like 1.7 ... because you dont screw in the dipstick to read your oil level you just set it in and read it (says in owners manual) you have enough oil when its in the middle of the maximum and minimum dipstick reading not screwed in.
so start at 1.5 quarts take it for a rip let it sit for about 15 minutes pull the dipstick and whipe it off and just set it in the whole, if its in between maximum marker and minimum marker then its full if not then add 100ml and try it again, if there is still not enough then put in another 100ml and let it sit (15 min) check it again and then if its still not perfectly in between then add 50ml run the bike and let it sit again for 15 minutes and check it from there ... remember to check it correctly do not screw the dipstick in just set it there.
BTW its nice to have a plastic measuring cup

good luck

TXATVRIDER
04-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah i work in a Chemical Lab so there are plenty of calibrated flask to use. I measured up 1600ml in one earlier. I'll keep that in mind about the dipstick though and how to read it. Thanks for the advice i didn't have a manual to look at so i was kinda limited. We got some little plastic 50ml and 250ml cups at work i'm gonna bring home too.