PDA

View Full Version : new co. what should stock on shelf

mkremer1
10-12-2002, 08:41 AM
I have started a company dealing with after market products for atv's and dirt bikes. I will be handeling stock honda parts as well.
What I need to know is what clothing to have on hand and sizes. I mean the disposable stuff like gloves, goggles, lenses, shirts, pants, ect.
Let me know what brand,size and how it holds up th the abuse of our idea of fun.

Thanks, Mike

P.S. I have the hard parts covered from Alpine Stars to wiseco. Feel free to voice feelings good or bad on any any product.

10-03-2004, 11:17 AM
bump..come on, help this fella out!

Quad18star
10-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Well being a manager for a store that deals with the ATV , Dirtbike and Snowmobile stuff , I can guarantee you that you won't go wrong with Fox clothing . Annual sales on Fox clothing has been going up every year and we cannot keep it in stock ... we usually sell out of the stuff . Brands we carry at our store are Fox , Thor, MSR , Shift . Fox is by far the most popular because every kid that comes in wants Fox .

We carry these companies complete lines of Motocross clothing as well as their casual wear .

As far as goggles ..... we have the MSR ( cheapest out there) , Complete line up of Scott goggles as well as Spy goggles for those that want to get into a more high end goggle . We also stock the lenses for these googles in a wide variety of colours and tints .

As far as sizes go , we carry atleast 3 sizes of each .... no matter if its a toddler size 4 or an adult size 48 , we have it . The more popular sizes ( between 28-36) we carry about 10-15 per colour , per style on the racks . Keep in mind , we run a multi-million dollar business and are the largest Distributor in Canada ... serving coast to coast so we keep it in stock to help out our customers . But if this is just a local shop and don't want to get too big right now , I'd say carry atleast 1 of each popular size and color on hand until the company growns and it makes it profitable to bring more in .... remember if it's sitting on the shelf for 3 months , it ain't paying itself off .

Let me know if I can help you in any other way. Thanks.

Hondadudeehhhh
10-03-2004, 01:15 PM
fox clothing will sell like crazy in any store. Fox, thor and no fear

roostin_dale
10-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Clothing Fox and Thor sell more than anything. And it seems that you see more Oakly goggles than anything out there.

balla250ex
10-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Around here I see more Shift apparel than I do Fox... Fox used to be ALL over the place but once everybody, and I literally mean everybody started wearing it, it kinda died down some, but you still see it here and there.

It seems like I see Shift gear on the more serious rider.

tamehart
10-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Well at least at least they are wearing Shift...a Fox made company....ha...Fox is Definitaley #1. Carry some H-Bomb and D4 gear...don't usually see that in stores...

rider250ex
10-07-2004, 08:54 PM
SHIFT...shift...fox sucks but will make you alot of money, thor, oakley goggles, and axo...only good comanys right there. every poser is wearing fox and alpinestar...sooo gay

allmixedup047
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
i would go with shift and thor for your clothing, scott and spy for your goggles, fox and hjc for helmets, thats just a start. im sure you will have more than 2 brands for each section.

fastmofo
10-07-2004, 09:28 PM
around here, you have to drive 45 minutes to get shift stuff, and when you sport shift clothing, your cool.. also, i notice alot of people that come into your store will want stickers. never can go wrong having a sticker board. generally sizes, id say m-xl, pants 28-38 boots 6-12