PDA

View Full Version : 04 YFZ 450 Help think shop screwed me

diabloyfz450
04-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I took my 04 to the shop because the engiine coolant light would come on and shut off durring riding. The shop said it was a thermo switch problem and they replaced it! The bike has 2 switches, I pulled the service manual up and what I have come up with is there are 2 switches and they are diff. part numbers the ordered the same TS that is on the left side of the engine and put it on the right side. I went riding and was riding pretty hard sand and rock, The bike stalled and when I tried to restart I got a bunch of back firing and white smoke. Some one told me they smelled coolant in the exhaust (they said it smelled sweet) I have a yoshi pipe and where the pipe comes together where the spring holds it together I saw some oil leeking out? Does anyone have any suggestions

Thanks

JAson

woodsrider4ever
04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
well if you smell colant coming out of your exhaust the head gasket could be gone lest thats how it is in cars and if theres oil coming out of the exhaust in like a black smoke then your rings arnt sealing properly or there gone and need to be replaced of the valves need to be adjusted id check the valve gaps and the go from there

Sparky_20
04-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I would take it straight back to that shop and tell them to make it right.

250r4life
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
we understood you the 1st 5 times

250r4life
04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
we understood you the 1st 5 times

:devil: