PDA

View Full Version : help starting quad

wagonproject
04-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Well my 05 trx450r sat all winter. It started after a little while, but it wouldnt hold idle, you had to keep on the gas or it would die out. That was a couple months ago, lol, now it wont start at all. I took the gas tank off and drained it. I am going to drain the carb, as I dont think I want to take it off as it looks a little hard and I am not very "motor" smart. Also going to replace both oils. What other stuff should I do to help start it and just for maintenance from all winter. Can I spray carb cleaner through the air filter hole to help out also?

wagonproject
04-23-2007, 06:22 PM
ok so I drained the carb and some gas came out. But it still wont fire, what the hell am I doing wrong, I want to ride!! lol Also by the chock lever what is the screw with a black plastic thing around it? you can turn it...

Help me start this thing!!!!

TheBlasterMan
04-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Id sugest Cleaning out the carborator, along with the airfillter and intake. While your at it, give it some fresh oil and a new oil filter. To clean out the carb, just spray some carb cleaner in the jets and holes, then blow it out with compressed air, not at a very high pressure though.

72 chevelle ss
04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Another thing you could do is get some copper wire. Strip it, and get a single strand of copper from the wire, make sure it is a couple inches long and carefully run that through the jets just to make sure everything comes out.

Have you tested to see if the plug is firing?

z400quad
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
try a new spark plug and get a cheap battery tender for it.