PDA

View Full Version : Magnum stg 2

flauge
04-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I gave a magnum stg 2 to a buddy of mine the other day because i didnt really need it b/c i thought it was too much for a stock bore 400. Well any way he went ahead and put the cam in and it turned the bike into a rocket.:eek: Everytime we'd race Id take him by maybe a bikes length at the end but now he takes me out by almost 2. We even switched bikes and came with the same result. I dont get it, other than the cam all he has is a wb pro meg exhaust, and a k&n with no lid and a wb rev box. He's still on the stock comp piston for christ's sake.:eek2: somebody help me figure this out.

sc400ex_rider
04-21-2007, 06:29 PM
i have heard good things about that cam the specs are more than a hc stg 3. guy said he has one and it pulls 450r's.

Honda#4
04-21-2007, 07:47 PM
There was a thread a while ago about a magnum cam, and yes the duration is like three times the duration of a Hotcam Stage 3. All I can say is there wicked.

flauge
04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Yea i saw the specs on it on another thread thats why I never put it in mine. I thought it would actually hurt power when used on stock compression. But when i rode his bike it didint lose as much torque as i thought. It would lag for like a half second and then it would hit like a freight train. Man it was fun:D

Honda#4
04-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Yea, they are a very aggresive cam. That woud be nice if Hotcam made a cam like that.

GlowBoy
04-21-2007, 08:30 PM
You still able to run pump gas with this cam?

Stupid question I know, I am just curious because the CR wouldn't change.

flauge
04-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Static compression wouldnt, but dynamic compression would. Thats what i was worried about with this cam. It would loose some dynamic comp from the wild lift and duration.. Which would hurt torque. So yea, you can use pump gas still.;)

awsomeaussies
04-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Do they have a website? I want to read up on it a bit now before I buy the Hotcam Stage 2. Are they around the same price?

flauge
04-21-2007, 10:19 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=289651&highlight=magnum

^^
This is really all the info there is on it, I could'nt find a website. I got mine for 89.95 off of east coast atv on ebay a while back..

sc400ex_rider
04-22-2007, 05:55 AM
i hope he put new springs in!!!! i didnt go with it cause i didnt want to replace the guides. you might want to tell your buddy

Originally posted by TRR440EX

dude it pulls like no other ex i have ever ridden. i race flat track with it and i beat 450's all day long. and there are some pretty worked 450's. so far the only thing i couldnt keep with is a full lrd 250r with a 285 kit. its a mid to top cam and i was very impressed with it. i had to go to powroll (i think thats them) and get hd valves and valve springs tho....... it did blow up once due to a valve and valve spring failure. very impressed though.

awsomeaussies
04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by flauge
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=289651&highlight=magnum

^^
This is really all the info there is on it, I could'nt find a website. I got mine for 89.95 off of east coast atv on ebay a while back..

Thanks!

flauge
04-22-2007, 12:40 PM
No problem!:cool:

Hey sc400ex, he's still on stock valve springs too! I did'nt notice any valve float when i rode it but i did'nt run it up to redline either. If it was mine I would have put some in just to be safe.