PDA

View Full Version : what could be wrong?

ibrohling440
04-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Last time I was riding it backfired and if I pressed the throttle it would bog down and if I pulled the clutch in it would shut off. Thought it was a blown head gasket so put a new one on and now it won't start. Got my dad to pull me and got it started but at very low rumble and if he keep pulling me it would stay running if you would call it that. And again if I pressed the throttle it would bog down. Where should I be looking now? Or what do I need to do to fix it?

Sparky_20
04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Start with whats easy to check first. Spark, fuel, compression and timing is what makes your engine tick.
Its possible that your cam chain tensioner took a s**t and now you have bent valves.

ibrohling440
04-22-2007, 09:22 AM
It's not chain tensoiner check all of internals when I had it apart for the new head gasket. Put new spark plug in it. But when I check spark plug to frame I get no spark. So should I replace my coil?

kolby2004
04-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I have the same problem with my 400. I have no spark when I check it. What do we need to check? What causes no spark?

Zemo
04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
If I had to guess either the coil or the rectifyer (sp) took a dump or possibly the stator ( I guess a Honda has 1 everything else does) :confused:

REPOMAN
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
i had this problem of no spark awhile back and i changed the spark plug boot and never had a problem since