PDA

View Full Version : GOD in song lyrics!!!

armoks
04-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I encourage everyone to write to XM radio to put GOD back into the lyrics of songs they play on thier service!! If you listen to Flight 26 or any of thier stations they cut out god in thier lyrics. For example, Fall Out Boy's It aint a scene they cut out the god in the lyrics but can put in any swear word in thier XL staions...that is just hurting the artistic revelations of the writers and is a blatent hit to freedom of speech!!!

I don't care if you don't believe in God but don't ruin free speach for the rest of us!!!

Aceman
04-20-2007, 11:40 PM
You've got to be kidding me! Some people take things too far.....:cuss:

TXATVRIDER
04-21-2007, 01:39 AM
<-----Catholic Definitly believe in GOD

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by armoks
I encourage everyone to write to XM radio to put GOD back into the lyrics of songs they play on thier service!! If you listen to Flight 26 or any of thier stations they cut out god in thier lyrics. For example, Fall Out Boy's It aint a scene they cut out the god in the lyrics but can put in any swear word in thier XL staions...that is just hurting the artistic revelations of the writers and is a blatent hit to freedom of speech!!!

I don't care if you don't believe in God but don't ruin free speach for the rest of us!!!

quit being a little ***** and drop your subscription. you are not going to change their minds so if you dont like it just get rid of it, that will hurt them more in the long run.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by scruff_mcruff
quit being a little ***** and drop your subscription. you are not going to change their minds so if you dont like it just get rid of it, that will hurt them more in the long run.

wow, you insulted a man on the front lines of protecting our nations freedom and your rights, very big of you. if you think companies cant be swayed by popular opinion, then YOU are the one who is oblivious to the way things work.

IMO, this is exactly whats wrong with this country. Drugs, foul language and violence are perfectly fine but godforbid a reference to god be made. Im hope the folks that think giving god the boot is perfectly fine have started shopping for their prayer rug.

450raider
04-21-2007, 07:09 AM
well i just got an xm radio like a week ago and im all for putting god back in songs but how would one write xm radio?

TWISTED
04-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Last night, Liquid Metal played I am God by Broken Hope.....

One_Bad_400
04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
that offends me very much that they blank out his name... and i'm glad that i have not given them any of my money for that reason... but hey... just think... WE'RE not going to be the ones burning in hell... we'll be singing his name PLENTY much when we enter the gates :macho cant wait! hehe:)

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
wow, you insulted a man on the front lines of protecting our nations freedom and your rights, very big of you. if you think companies cant be swayed by popular opinion, then YOU are the one who is oblivious to the way things work.

IMO, this is exactly whats wrong with this country. Drugs, foul language and violence are perfectly fine but godforbid a reference to god be made. Im hope the folks that think giving god the boot is perfectly fine have started shopping for their prayer rug.

actually i think your comment is whats going wrong in this country, while yes it is your right to hear GOD in music it is also XM's right as a USA company to not play it. hence why i said drop the service, they have made up their minds on what they want to do so why should you waste your time challenging something that is a really easy fix.

people only get pissed in this country when something isnt to their own liking but fail to realize someone else might like it, and for some reason people want to fight a paid service for the morales its stands on instead of just getting rid of it. my cable was blacking out every morning at 2am for 2 weeks straight, i simply cancelled it and went with a different provider, it really was just that simple, ididnt have to call a congressman or anything.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 11:52 AM
actually i think your comment is whats going wrong in this country, while yes it is your right to hear GOD in music it is also XM's right as a USA company to not play it. hence why i said drop the service, they have made up their minds on what they want to do so why should you waste your time challenging something that is a really easy fix.

no, they are censoring what an artist has created and being played on a channel that is not held by FAA regulation. it should be up to the listener to decide wether it is worthy of their time or in their interests to listen or view the material. by your standards, you are allowing a company to dictate what is right or wrong, and this is often swayed by $$$ not moral values. and this is a paid service so the people paying them for their service have the right to tell them they disagree wether that be in the form of sending them the message or by dropping their services.

no where did armoks suggest that everyone should have his opinion or view, he raises a valid point wether this was a freedom or speech issue that violates the artists and draws a comparison to the censoring of the word "god" but the allowence of curse words. in other words god is a dirty word but **** you isnt.

harden your knees sheep, that prayer rug will get plenty of use.

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
no, they are censoring what an artist has created and being played on a channel that is not held by FAA regulation. it should be up to the listener to decide wether it is worthy of their time or in their interests to listen or view the material. by your standards, you are allowing a company to dictate what is right or wrong, and this is often swayed by $$$ not moral values. and this is a paid service so the people paying them for their service have the right to tell them they disagree wether that be in the form of sending them the message or by dropping their services.

no where did armoks suggest that everyone should have his opinion or view, he raises a valid point wether this was a freedom or speech issue that violates the artists and draws a comparison to the censoring of the word "god" but the allowence of curse words. in other words god is a dirty word but **** you isnt.

harden your knees sheep, that prayer rug will get plenty of use. and if the artist isnt worried about it why are you? its thier free speach in the lirics, not your words being censored. if they were worried about it they would have thier music pulled from XM. and yes its a companies right to dictate what is right and wrong in thier services, thats plain and simple. if you walk into a business and dont agree with what they are doing would you buy from them? or do you think its your right to buy from them then complain about it after you knew what you were getting yourself into?

furthermore you have no idea what my beliefs are and it seems you are the sheep following the " i need to hear the word GOD" herd, dont get me wrong its one thing if XM and radio/tv stations do it, but i wouldnt tolerate it being taken from the pledge. i know my beliefs and i only need to worry about mine, i dont need to here it on the radio to remind myself of my belieffs however.

and screw XM, everyone knows sirius is the stuff.

mephyst
04-21-2007, 01:33 PM
You have to admit that it's pretty lame that they would take God out of lyrics. Come on now...

JetTech
04-21-2007, 01:39 PM

AMEN!! ^^^^^

Pappy
04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
and if the artist isnt worried about it why are you? its thier free speach in the lirics, not your words being censored.

do you have the fundemental understanding of the 1st amendment or are you just winging it? what is next, the nightly news? how about the newspaper? or even the internet? it would be pretty funny trying to watch TV with words completely censored out that are not listed as vulgarities. maybe they should just throw ALLAH or BUDDAH in the mix with the word GOD. again, the issue has more to do with the word god being censored whilest vulgarieties are permitted!

your attempt to draw a comparison between buying a service at a business knowing there is censorship versus it being done AFTER you have paid for the service, is null. there are no warnings about censorship on xm's service. and yes, as americans we do have the right to speak out wether it be a public or private company! now in Iran you cant do that....just a thought.

i know enough about your thinking based on what you have posted that you feel allowing vulgarities over the word "god" is acceptable. this is your right to differ in opinion, just as it is my right to refute anything you post as my opinion. ofcourse, i could start censoring anything i deem you post as not wanted or needed, but that would be fine with you correct? i mean if no one else cares why should i worry about it correct:p

and it is yet to be seen if the artist is indeed concerned with the censoring of their product. lawsuits abound that never make the news with regards to violations of ones civil rights, especially when it comes to artists and the media.

and i am no sheep, i dont stand idle while the wolf runs off with a small lamb just because it happens to be from a different flock and not my own. (hence your fine with someone elses rights being tampered with as long as it is not you being targeted. ignoring an issue just because your not affected can be a dangerous thing)

respond back when you have something fruitful to add, the last sentence of your post tells me im dealing with immaturity.

XCAdam89
04-21-2007, 01:42 PM
It's something about God and Christianity in general that so many people argue over. From what I'm getting from this, some people think that Christian Music isn't "worthy" of being played on a secular radio station and that's why a few people on here are arguing so much, saying it's the Artist's choice and what not.

Everyone already knows Christian bands get less publicity than mainstream bands, but does that mean they should be the only ones with their music being screwed with? No.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
It's something about God and Christianity in general that so many people argue over.

The subject of God and Christianity have sparked more wars then any other reason. sad but true.

I dont have one problem with a company not allowing any word permitted to be aired, what does appaul me is the fact that curse words are not blocked while the word god is. Fundementally there is something wrong with that.

Exactly what would happen if the words Islam, Islamic, Allah etc were not allowed in type or spoken form in this country?

Hell, there is outrage when they censor a song based on content alone!

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:04 PM
and yes its a companies right to dictate what is right and wrong in thier services, thats plain and simple.

i see.

i think the government may have a few things to disagree with you on relating to how a company operates with regards to peoples rights....not to mention that peice of paper we call teh constitution. being a company does not entitle you to the freedom you apparently think it does.

do you think its ok for a Korean resturant to not allow english to be spoken while you eat there?

how about a whites only car dealership or movie theatre?

dont like handicap folks? you can just disregard the americans with disabilities act...no need for it right?

how about a church that wont allow you in because you are not of their faith?(remember prayer rug)

maybe only 1 tv channel run by the government, hey you can still turn it off right?(im sure thats what the russian people thought for what, 40 years:eek2: and the iranians have today! )

yep..i see your point. its all up to the company. we shoudl allow them to go back to dumping pollutants in the rivers while were at it, they know what is right and wrong ...plain and simple
;)

XCAdam89
04-21-2007, 02:08 PM
I myself am a Christian and I think it's crazy how everyone is pushing for God to be taken out of everything. Christmas, The Pledge, Music, Schools...it goes on and on.

Imagine how many other things could be accomplished to benefit the US as a whole, rather try to segregate different groups by their beliefs.

Something is wrong with that.

js52589
04-21-2007, 02:19 PM
i've never heard a song censored because of the word god

the reason the fall out boy song is censored is because its "god damn" which, is in fact the opposite of what you are complaining about

js52589
04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I myself am a Christian and I think it's crazy how everyone is pushing for God to be taken out of everything. Christmas, The Pledge, Music, Schools...it goes on and on.

Imagine how many other things could be accomplished to benefit the US as a whole, rather try to segregate different groups by their beliefs.

It has nothing to do with segregating, it has to do with a lot of people not following christian beliefs, and not wanting their children told differently at school than what they have taught them. If one of your kids teachers converted to buddhism and started including it in their teaching would you be happy with that?

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:25 PM

this country was founded on freedom of religous belief, not just christian beliefs (however you wont find mention of other religons in any of the founding documents)

just like the movement to remove in god we trust from currency, and religous symbols from couthouses etc( a movement that has passed and was succesful)

m.h.s.c.#527
04-21-2007, 02:26 PM
actually this song is edited because it says (this aint a scene its a god dam arms race) its negative to god and its not violating free speech its a paid subscription they can do whatever they want

XCAdam89
04-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by js52589
It has nothing to do with segregating, it has to do with a lot of people not following christian beliefs, and not wanting their children told differently at school than what they have taught them. If one of your kids teachers converted to buddhism and started including it in their teaching would you be happy with that?

I understand that, but at Public school you can't even pray in public, where's freedom of religion there?

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
actually this song is edited because it says (this aint a scene its a god dam arms race) its negative to god and its not violating free speech its a paid subscription they can do whatever they want

wasnt it ruled in the supreme court that an artist has the right to use religon in any form they wish without fear of censorship? i base this on a case from a few years back (and i dont remeber all the specifics) but this "artist" (and i use the term lightly) either urinated in a jar with a crucifix in it and presented it as art. when he was denied entry into either a contest or some form of museum he went to court. won btw

not disputing what you posted, just an exapmle of how out of whack IMO things are

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I understand that, but at Public school you can't even pray in public, where's freedom of religion there?

a geuss is due to the seperation of church and state....which can be so confusing...lol

our countries money is generated by the govenment and yet it has "in god we trust" printed on it. im sure alot of others can offer more examples of this...lol

XCAdam89
04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
^^^That makes sense. I'm not arguing, I just have a few questions why things are the way they are I guess. I've gone to a private school my entire life, so I've never really had to deal with things like that in Public School, but I'm sure several people on this site alone have dealt with trivial issues like that.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:44 PM
lol...cody just reminded me of this....

you cant have a religious symbol(10 Commandments) in the courthouse, but you have to place your hand on the bible to be sworn in under oath. (im pretty sure the court recognizes the Quaran as well)

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
hey pappy remember that time at rausch creek when you were bombed and you told us the story about how that one day on the bus you beat up a retarded kid. kinda off topic but it was still pretty funny

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:53 PM
i dont cut anyone a break.....lmao

(the dude wasnt retarded by birth, he let a few choice chemicals retard him:p ) but yes, everyone else let him abuse them, but not me. you step up you get whats coming to you, its the american way:D

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 02:55 PM
hell yeah pappy thats how i feel

450robot
04-21-2007, 02:55 PM
lol, someone needs to buy a sirius system, they dont censor anything

Pappy
04-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
lol, someone needs to buy a sirius system, they dont censor anything

i thought that was the whole point to those types of radio services?

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 02:58 PM
do you have the fundemental understanding of the 1st amendment or are you just winging it? what is next, the nightly news? how about the newspaper? or even the internet? it would be pretty funny trying to watch TV with words completely censored out that are not listed as vulgarities. maybe they should just throw ALLAH or BUDDAH in the mix with the word GOD. again, the issue has more to do with the word god being censored whilest vulgarieties are permitted!

your attempt to draw a comparison between buying a service at a business knowing there is censorship versus it being done AFTER you have paid for the service, is null. there are no warnings about censorship on xm's service. and yes, as americans we do have the right to speak out wether it be a public or private company! now in Iran you cant do that....just a thought.

i know enough about your thinking based on what you have posted that you feel allowing vulgarities over the word "god" is acceptable. this is your right to differ in opinion, just as it is my right to refute anything you post as my opinion. ofcourse, i could start censoring anything i deem you post as not wanted or needed, but that would be fine with you correct? i mean if no one else cares why should i worry about it correct:p

and it is yet to be seen if the artist is indeed concerned with the censoring of their product. lawsuits abound that never make the news with regards to violations of ones civil rights, especially when it comes to artists and the media.

and i am no sheep, i dont stand idle while the wolf runs off with a small lamb just because it happens to be from a different flock and not my own. (hence your fine with someone elses rights being tampered with as long as it is not you being targeted. ignoring an issue just because your not affected can be a dangerous thing)

respond back when you have something fruitful to add, the last sentence of your post tells me im dealing with immaturity.

i seem to have a much greater grasp on the understanding of the 1st amendment than you, TV and newspapers have nowhere near anything close to freedom of press as it is, hence the last 3 weeks, while imus, anna, and VT have been the main things going on here, you dont get the info that another 150 soldiers have died in iraq, because thats bad press for the govt, and without there funds alot of newspapers would fold in this country. while VT sucked and is a tragedy, why is it more important than our soldiers? because they are educated and didnt "knowingly" put there self in harms way.

and if you want to censor anything i say thats fine, just make you contradict your own beliefs which would show your true colors as being the "power" on this site.

do you honestly think that any mainstream artist is still in it for the art? are they going to turn down that check from XM every month?

and i dont get all upset if someone feels thier rights are tampered with, cause on the other side of the coin the other person has the same rights and has a different view( kinda reminds you of something huh)

and i can post my last sentence since unlike many of you, I have had both xm and sirius for many years. and i canceled my XM over a year ago cause it only had 1 station worth listening to, to me.

there are much, much more important things going on in this country to be argueing over something as simple as this.

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 03:05 PM

how about a whites only car dealership or movie theatre?

dont like handicap folks? you can just disregard the americans with disabilities act...no need for it right?

how about a church that wont allow you in because you are not of their faith?(remember prayer rug)

yep..i see your point. its all up to the company. we shoudl allow them to go back to dumping pollutants in the rivers while were at it, they know what is right and wrong ...plain and simple
;)
there is a difference between rights and laws, but you are trying to generalize them together for the sake of your argument.

and if a church didnt want to let me in thats fine, thats their right.

and ill forgive you for the last one since you dont live by a big body of water, but big companies still dump in the water and just pay the fine, funny how quick the govt will sell out.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 03:12 PM
to mcruff, the smartest man on the internet...lmao

i used the censorship scenario of what you post as an example. ofcourse you need to try and lash out at someone and throw in some power trip deal towards me. i dont view others as less then myself, they just tend to head that direction on their own. thanks for proving my point once again.

there hasnt been a broadcast on any major news station or in print that doesnt remind us of the us troop death rate, the toll the war is having on this country, the lack of leadership in the white house or how poorly we are doing in Iraq (according to the media you claim doesnt want to make the government look bad) its their mission to drive this country down by exploiting each one and help continue to drive negative outlooks on the mission. your point again is mute and can be verified by a simple flick of the switch to any news channel come 5pm. maybe you can start a thread exclaiming that the news media in this country is not doing enough to tell the public about the war and how bad it is! infact, all that was on yesterday was how harry reed made the statement the war is lost. maybe turn on an adult channel and not nickelodian for your news. yeah...the government funds the new york times and the washington post. son, give greensboro a break and just let it be. your doing the town a disservice by posting such idiocy.

and again, you failed to see the maturity (lack thereof) in your "this is better then that" statement i was refering to.

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527

the same way free radio blips god but donst dam. this has been going on for years, since 99' i believe, you cant say goddam but you can say god.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 03:20 PM
the same way free radio blips god but donst dam. this has been going on for years, since 99' i believe, you cant say goddam but you can say god.

inaccurate again. DC101 plays a song that has the lyrics"god damn" almost daily. infact i got so sick of the song i had to turn it off until they slowed it down in rotation!

i know you can hear DC101 where you live:p ofcourse you can say youve never heard or them, but then youd be adding on the pile of crap your trying to shovel...lmao

and for your info, you slammed a member of our fine armed services in your initial post. great job your doing, keep up the good fight..lol

scruff_mcruff
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
to mcruff, the smartest man on the internet...lmao

ofcourse you need to try and lash out at someone and throw in some power trip deal towards me. i dont view others as less then myself, they just tend to head that direction on their own. thanks for proving my point once again.

the fact of the matter is I dont need to sell product on here, so i can say something different from what the majority thinks and not take a risk of losing bussiness for my beliefs, man somehow it all reverts back to the original topic huh.

i have been in enough forums over the years to know my views will not change others views, you have obviously still havent figured that out by some of the things you have said, so i do believe you being the the Mod think you are on a power trip cause most wont challenge your thoughts in fear of being banned.

wilkin250r
04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Lots of people don't understand what Freedom of Speech really is.

Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom to be Heard. You can complain about the government, war, big industry, church, ect ect ect. But you can't do it on my front lawn, or on my airwaves.

Plain and simple, the airwaves don't belong to you. They belong to everybody, so public law and opinion will dictate what is acceptable. There's no such thing as "censorship" when it comes to radio.

You (or any other artist) are not guarenteed airtime. If the material you present is innappropriate, we (the public) don't allow you to use our airwaves to spew it. Plain and simple. It's the same as if it were our own living rooms. We can't prevent you from saying "god", but we can prevent you from saying it in our living rooms.

We aren't censoring anything, we are just simply saying you cannot use our airwaves to spew your garbage.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 03:32 PM
And i have been around long enough to know when a person realizes they have no substance in their arguement they tend to want support based on the assumed fear of being banned based on what they have posted. you have not stated one thing that would result in a ban from this site, why would you consider it happening? fact is, if you were banned it woulld some how lend credibility to what you have stated and in all sincerety, i dont think you will find much support based on your diotribe. i dont ban people because they differ in opinion, much to your shagrin.

I can openly participate in any thread i choose as a member and handle most topics i am familiar with without warming the ban button to try and win an arguement, so please do not place your standards on me.

Im waiting for more on the government funded media, must be on a pay station...lmao

Pappy
04-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Lots of people don't understand what Freedom of Speech really is.

Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom to be Heard. You can complain about the government, war, big industry, church, ect ect ect. But you can't do it on my front lawn, or on my airwaves.

Plain and simple, the airwaves don't belong to you. They belong to everybody, so public law and opinion will dictate what is acceptable. There's no such thing as "censorship" when it comes to radio.

You (or any other artist) are not guarenteed airtime. If the material you present is innappropriate, we (the public) don't allow you to use our airwaves to spew it. Plain and simple. It's the same as if it were our own living rooms. We can't prevent you from saying "god", but we can prevent you from saying it in our living rooms.

We aren't censoring anything, we are just simply saying you cannot use our airwaves to spew your garbage.

wilkin, you contridicted yourself. everything you stated is done daily and on public airwaves.you can make complaints or turn off the device, but it is occuring.

this issue is about a private paid service that censored a word. that is their right, my issue is with the word god and the allowence of more vile words as it relates to the topic.

and to add, the 7 dirty words are repeatedly refered to as "censored" words. not sure if those in charge are using the correct terminology in press releases and in interviews but that is exactly what they refer to it as.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1683

Pappy
04-21-2007, 03:46 PM
the fact of the matter is I dont need to sell product on here, so i can say something different from what the majority thinks and not take a risk of losing bussiness for my beliefs, man somehow it all reverts back to the original topic huh.

once again, if i was not trying to speak my mind and state my opinion as a member do you think i would differ on such topics as the war, the government, racial issues and the like?

the answer is no. i would not rock the boat and be a good little boy and try and please everyone so that somehow i would garner business because i wanted or had everyone viewing me in good graces. sorry, i dont roll that way.

people that actually exploit the intelligence god gave them (can we still say god?) know that debate and differing opinions are needed. ofcourse the uninformed or threatened like to run back to the shelter of some power trip or a person in power syndrome...when in reality their own shortcomings are to blame.

05Z400rdr
04-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I agree 100% with you Pappy. It is VERY retarded that they would not prohibit "God" in the lyrics, but yet they will allow "f**k" and any other word.

I deffinately believe in God, and what's the matter in hearing his name in songs? nothing. If people don't believe in Him, then that's your decision. But, you don't have to take it out of lyrics because of that.

And to scruffmcruff: you obviously cannot argue with this and you are being immature. You lost this battle, good luck next time.

Way to clear things up Pappy! :macho

Pappy
04-21-2007, 04:36 PM
while VT sucked and is a tragedy, why is it more important than our soldiers? because they are educated and didnt "knowingly" put there self in harms way.

so our soldiers are uneducated? maybe west point and the naval academy should be informed! you try to support the men and women in our military but your true feelings are sneaking in there. maybe its time for the couch to make an appearence, he hasnt been on this site in some time...lol

yeah i can see where 32 people brutally murdered wouldnt make the news. maybe ill make a call and see what the guys in iraq have been watching this past week. they get fox, cnn, msnbc...i wonder what they will say....anyone want to geuss..anyone:confused:

450raider
04-21-2007, 07:05 PM
you know what else grinds my gears, thos retarded nutjobs who every year attempt totake crist out of cristmas, and whats even worse is that they get away with it 70% of the time, id like to have the chance to give one of them a yule-tide kick in the balls, and those people thats dont want the commandments, us flag, or "under god" in public places, its AMERICA love it or leave it (and on you way out take them mexicans with you). that is all

Rider-trx_250ex
04-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, XM does control what they play on the radio and people pay for it, so they can do what they want........................... but IMO taking God out is just..............der der, stupid. Maybe not everyone believes in God, so get over it, don't try to stop people from saying his name. Not eveyone believes in Buddah, does that mean we stop people from talking about him?

Rider-trx_250ex
04-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
you know what else grinds my gears, thos retarded nutjobs who every year attempt totake crist out of cristmas, and whats even worse is that they get away with it 70% of the time, id like to have the chance to give one of them a yule-tide kick in the balls, and those people thats dont want the commandments, us flag, or "under god" in public places, its AMERICA love it or leave it (and on you way out take them mexicans with you). that is all

Ya, Just leave it the way it is unless it harms people, which it doesn't, you don't agree with "under god", you don't agree with america. It was writen and accepted by our US for a reason.

Which 450?
04-22-2007, 06:22 AM
I never noticed this. I cant believe they sensor "God" they don't sensor anything else!

mustang25
04-22-2007, 08:09 AM
God is a big part of our country.....his name is on our currency, in our pledge, even our fore-fathers had him in mind while making the constitution. I think that taking God out of the songs is a horrible idea, and people should deffinitely take the time to write in. Whats the worst that can happen, they will say no. At least try to save what you believe in. Just think what God will be removed from next???

armoks
04-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I've sat back and watched this since posting and I see some good responses here and some good sides to both sides of the argument.

1. I subscribe to XM because it is built into my truck and it does have a lot better programing then I can get off of the local radio stations here in the DC area.

2. God is not a banned word by the FCC. The only rock radio station here in the DC is DC101. They have been hammered by the FCC in fines because of their morning DJ Elliot in the Morning and they will censor anything thats is even close to being banned. Guess what, they left the god lyrics that are in songs.

3. Freedom of speech is an issue I deal with every day. I work at the US Capitol and we have protests everyday and our Department has dealt with every case of freedom of speech you can imagine. If you want to say something just come on down because I've seen everything from the Stop Infant Circumcision, Anti Abortion, Anti War, Flag burning, and even a Statue of Jesus put on the front steps of the Capitol protests. Some things I don't like but I have to protect the protesters and what they are saying because we have the right to assembly and freedom of speech in this country.

4. Yes the company has the right to cut any words or songs they seem fit but that is also one of the freedoms we take for granted here in the U.S. We as customers also have the right to voice our opinion and try to change their choice. Hey if we get enough emails to them they may or may not change their policy. XM radio is big on letting the newest and more controversial content on their programing why draw the line on a simple word?

450raider
04-22-2007, 02:38 PM
just curious?,.....has anybody seriously wrote XM yet? i have and got a cuople of freinds to and my cousin ad a couple of his friends too.

scruff_mcruff
04-25-2007, 02:05 AM
inaccurate again. DC101 plays a song that has the lyrics"god damn" almost daily. infact i got so sick of the song i had to turn it off until they slowed it down in rotation!

i know you can hear DC101 where you live:p ofcourse you can say youve never heard or them, but then youd be adding on the pile of crap your trying to shovel...lmao

and for your info, you slammed a member of our fine armed services in your initial post. great job your doing, keep up the good fight..lol

once again you overlooked the fact that i have sirius and use no other source of radio. havent listened to "free" radio since howard left. just something i rememberd happening back in 99' i guess they have changed it back.

so now any member of the armed services is always right? point blank he came on here to get people who dont have XM to write them and complain, and thats wrong and childish.

scruff_mcruff
04-25-2007, 02:18 AM
so our soldiers are uneducated? maybe west point and the naval academy should be informed! you try to support the men and women in our military but your true feelings are sneaking in there. maybe its time for the couch to make an appearence, he hasnt been on this site in some time...lol

yeah i can see where 32 people brutally murdered wouldnt make the news. maybe ill make a call and see what the guys in iraq have been watching this past week. they get fox, cnn, msnbc...i wonder what they will say....anyone want to geuss..anyone:confused:

funny you say that i have a few friends who have attended WP, NA, and the CGA and not one have them has seen any action. yet one friend in the CG is on his way back for his 3rd tour and a few army buds are hopefully returning in a month from thier 2nd. im in no way ragging on any serviceman, they have real life experience which in my eyes is way more important than a piece of paper saying you know wht your doing.

and im not saying it shouldnt have made the news but it shouldnt have been the only thing on for a week straight, hell the omish kids only got 2 days of exposure. and the way fox ,cnn, and msnbc like to beat a story to death is just rediculous. and they still havent said anything about what the parents did the day after cause that would have made the story a whole lot better. but i guess those that cant read korean wont know.

scruff_mcruff
04-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
I agree 100% with you Pappy. It is VERY retarded that they would not prohibit "God" in the lyrics, but yet they will allow "f**k" and any other word.

I deffinately believe in God, and what's the matter in hearing his name in songs? nothing. If people don't believe in Him, then that's your decision. But, you don't have to take it out of lyrics because of that.

And to scruffmcruff: you obviously cannot argue with this and you are being immature. You lost this battle, good luck next time.

Way to clear things up Pappy! :macho

first off i dont ever remember saying if what XM was doing was right or wrong socialy. you all seem to have assumed it by me taking the side that is thier right to choose.

and next time you want to try to insult someone look at your 2nd sentence, and tell me how it makes any sense? seems to me weve now seen whats retarted.:p

armoks
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM

so now any member of the armed services is always right? point blank he came on here to get people who dont have XM to write them and complain, and thats wrong and childish.

No I came on a public forum and asked if you have XM radio you should write them no where did I ask anyone who did not have XM to write them.

XM and Sirius are combining anyway so yes it will affect you.

So for the slow people out there

IF YOU have XM radio and ARE a SUBSCRIBER write them to put GOD back in the lyrics to give the artist thier freedom to write what they want into songs so we can enjoy them. But ONLY if you are not OFFENDED by the word GOD.:rolleyes:

honda350r
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
People get so uptight over a imaginary friend :rolleyes:

fatkid400
04-25-2007, 06:15 PM
You hope he's imaginary.

450raider
04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
now now lets not get hasty, its clear he mistaked this post for the one he was lookin for entitled "my pillow: imaginary woman?":D

coolex
04-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
People get so uptight over a imaginary friend :rolleyes:

thats an intelligent post:rolleyes: :ermm:

honda350r
04-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by coolex
thats an intelligent post:rolleyes: :ermm:

I know !!

What I find even more intelligent is that you brought this POS thread back to slam me!!!!

wilkin250r
04-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Children, play nice.

(Don't be stupid with me, I don't care who started it, BOTH of you knock it off. And I will stop treating you like little children as soon as you stop acting like little children)

joshz400_2003
04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Everyone is bringing up the freedom of speech.. yes you have free speech UNTIL you offend someone by using a certain word. Then it takes away their right to pursuit of happiness. So they blurt the word God used in an offecive way towards Christians.

honda350r
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by joshz400_2003
Everyone is bringing up the freedom of speech.. yes you have free speech UNTIL you offend someone by using a certain word. Then it takes away their right to pursuit of happiness. So they blurt the word God used in an offecive way towards Christians.

Very true! Most Christians think that the name God taken in vain is the worst word to come out of anyones mouth,swear words are a drop in the bucket !

joshz400_2003
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes It is worse to say God's name in vein than to drop a f bomb

rtm1216
04-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 450raider

How Christian of you.....

honda350r
04-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by rtm1216
How Christian of you.....

They are a typical hypocritical Christians !!!!!!!!!! Makes me sick !!

450raider
04-28-2007, 08:07 AM
ahhhhh yes, now my post was talking about people who think they are above everyone else because there not religious and looky looky, i found some thank you boys. its people just like these is why the youth is going down the hole, you got whiny little kids who get everything handed to them all their lives until they see a xm radio post (which they probably dont even have) and try to call everyone out when in reality they have no idea what goes on in the world around them and now comes the part where i get flamed and i embarass you to no end, but i wont instead ill give helpfull advice- stay home boys where its safe and if you ever do get out in to the real world, ill be praying for you.

that is all

Which 450?
04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I was listening to XM today, coming home from a trip, I drove about 8 hours listening to squizz the whole time, I heard "god" and "jesus" a few times. I was with 3 other people and we were listening.