PDA

View Full Version : HRC Kit...?

Jem450ER
04-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I had a few questions about the HRC kit. I have an 07 450ER. I'm getting into woods racing maybe a little mx, and i ride a lot of tight woods. been thinking about the kit or just a full exhuast and can't decide which to get. Someone told me that if you install it you have to redo the piston every 15 hours?!? is that true? I want more bottom end power, and i don't really want a big open air box...Can the hrc run with the stock lid or do you have to change it? Also all those who have pipes...how loud are your pipes? I don't want to annoy my neighbors so i don't want anything to loud. Anyone run the Yoshi TRC ?

CHEVYZ
04-20-2007, 08:57 PM
A full exhaust doesn't even begin to compare with the HRC kit. The HRC far surpasses ANY full exhaust in power all around, and makes the bike run a million time better....plus it is cheaper than an exhaust system to begin with! My buddy didn't believe me when I first told him, until we were able to compare his fully piped, filtered, and rev box equipped 06 to ours with the HRC kit, and his was left behind everytime with ease (In 300ft. a consistant 3+ bike lead, and steady pulling away....fast). About a week later I put in an HRC kit for him lol. It is very much worth the money.

The HRC kit gives monster bottom end. And about the piston thing, I have had the kit installed in mine for many, many hours, have never touched the engine since installation, and it runs like a champ!

As far as lid, sure, you could run with the lid on. I would definately recommend changing the main jet to something smaller than what the HRC kit comes with. Keep in mind that you will lose alot of performance that way, and unless you are running in extremely wet conditions, you really don't NEED it.

Jem450ER
04-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Well every now and then i get into some muddy conditions so i'd like to have it as an option, unless i gotta change jets. I just worry about water, i worried this past weekend(was at HaspinAcres) that the stock lid would let water in, but nothing happened so i do imagine i'll be ok.
The kit easy to install? I've put a cam in a DVX400, honda gonna be just like it?
Hows the 450 to jet? If i get the HRC kit, i pop in the jets they recommend and it runs? or do i have to play with it? how about if it do HRC and full exhaust? Sorry to ask so many questions, but my brother-in-law has a dvx that we're still(little over 6 months...)trying to get the jetting correct. I've heard this is because they have a vacuum carb, not a slide like the 450. I ran a 300ex before i got my 450, i piped+jetted that in one shot, just hoping the 450 will be like that.

450rJam
04-21-2007, 07:22 AM
the hrc jetting on mine was perfect, if your worried about mud/water getting to the air box then run a k&n with outerwears.
(pro design makes a great kit with a billet ring for great seal)

the hrc kit will impress the heck out of you, it wont even feel like the same atv, it pulls so hard.
the hrc exhaust performs great but its alittle quiet.

get the kit and you will be back on here bragging about how much power it has now.

CHEVYZ
04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Jem450ER
Well every now and then i get into some muddy conditions so i'd like to have it as an option, unless i gotta change jets. I just worry about water, i worried this past weekend(was at HaspinAcres) that the stock lid would let water in, but nothing happened so i do imagine i'll be ok.
The kit easy to install? I've put a cam in a DVX400, honda gonna be just like it?
Hows the 450 to jet? If i get the HRC kit, i pop in the jets they recommend and it runs? or do i have to play with it? how about if it do HRC and full exhaust? Sorry to ask so many questions, but my brother-in-law has a dvx that we're still(little over 6 months...)trying to get the jetting correct. I've heard this is because they have a vacuum carb, not a slide like the 450. I ran a 300ex before i got my 450, i piped+jetted that in one shot, just hoping the 450 will be like that.

The kit is soooo easy to install. The first time I did it I had a problem with timing because I was in a rush to put it together for a trip only hours away. Just take your time and it is very simple. I have done a few for buddies and myself, and everyone has went together very easily.

Comparing it to the DVX, I don't know from experience, but I would assume it would be much easier. The 450r has an extremely simple engine.

As for jets, like I said, with the airbox on you will probably want to run a smaller main or it may try to bog at WOT. If you don't run with the lid, it is spot on! I have not had any bikes with jetting problems.

The 450r isn't VERY hard to jet, but it CAN be a pain. Just use common sense when trying to pick out a jet and it isn't a problem...the only hard part really is getting a new main in with the bike completely assembled. With the bike down it should be extremely easy. If you wait to change the main later, it could be a problem. The FCR that comes on the R's is long, so you just have to be patient with getting the jet back in because there isn't a whole lot of room to work with (at least compared to others that I have worked with).

HRC with full exhaust is a ripper.....but honestly not that much more than stock. Not entirely necessary.

Like 450rjam said, you will be impressed with it afterward. Last mardi gras I raced nearly every bike in the area with only the HRC kit, 14T front sprocket, and Rossier exhaust, and killed them. I was pulling Banshees hard enough on the top side to pull wheelies away from them, and just destroyed anything I lined up against in acceleration. The only thing close was a dragged out 250r threewheeler that ran damn near right on side of me. I was impressed to say the least.

BlaineKaiser450
04-21-2007, 10:06 AM
go with the hrc. Ive never ridden a 450r without one and it pulls forever

Jem450ER
04-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys, i just like to do whats best for me/bike and i like hearing it from people that use/install it. I read mags, but i dont like going by what they say. But absolutly everyone has said the HRC kit is the only way to go, so i'll have to work on getting that. HRC kit with a Yosh, since i get a new headpipe already i'll probably just go with the slip-on to get that nice yoshi sound like i had on my 300.

CHEVYZ
04-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Sweet deal.

My buddy is running the HRC with the Yoshi and it is a very good combo. Seems to pull very well all throughout.

LPjustin
04-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Around how much does it cost to buy and have Honda install the HRC kit? I'm on a tight budget and am not smart enough to install it myself...lol.

CHEVYZ
04-22-2007, 02:51 PM
It is alot more for Honda to do it. My buddy was quoted somewhere around $600 or $700 for the kit and installation.

Coolidge
04-22-2007, 03:16 PM
You can get the kit on Epay for around 280.00. Buy a Factory Honda manual (50.00) and you CAN intstall it yourself. The HRC kit is a must if you own a 450r/er. Havent met a hill I couldnt climb (yet :devil: )