PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Newest Jump at Proving Grounds

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I spent the last two days building a new jump on the Rhythm track. I'll try and explain where the jump is, Across from the bleachers where there are 3 table tops in a row on the left and a big double and table top on the right. Ok - well the new jump is the last table top, I turned it into a huge step up if your in the right lane and a medium step up if your on the left doing the table table option.

This is a picture of the jump before the makeover.

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
This is the new jump in its place.

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
I haven't had a chance to hit the jump myself, but this guy wasted no time showing me how fun it is. This jump took a day and a half to build and around 300 bucket loads of dirt.

Pappy
04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
very cool!

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
This is the landing ramp, not a great picture. The landing is huge, probally 30-35 feet long.

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:27 PM
....Pick your Line.

coolguy8769
04-20-2007, 08:28 PM
WOW!! that looks awsome!

i have been trying to get out there but this time of the year is crazy!

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Other recent changes to the tracks include: Reworking the double on the kids track - bigger and better.

Extended the jump in front of the dining hall about 5 feet.

New lip and landing on the uphill tripple, makes it easier and gives you something more to land on.

Extended the landing to the downhill ski jump by 10 feet.

I'm working on the indoor pitbike track now getting it ready for the race tomorrow night 4/21. Plenty of classes for adults and kids, hope to see you here.

outacontrol
04-20-2007, 08:30 PM
very cool! cant wait till sunday to hit it! any plans on changing the first big table on that track after the bleacher jump. thats probably the only jump on that whole track i never liked, dont ask me why either! haha

05Z400rdr
04-20-2007, 08:31 PM
That looks awesome! I wish that I could've come this weekend...:ermm: It's soooo nice and perfect out, and this weekend didn't work for me,:scary: I can't wait to go there again!!!!

Landon

the freak
04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
looks like a place ill nose dive in. thanks dan for the repair cost. just kidding buddy looks very sweet. are you going to be open this tuesday. i have a few buddys coming up?

MX MaNiAc 06
04-20-2007, 08:33 PM
That jump looks sick!! Looks like ud get some nice air too.

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
very cool! cant wait till sunday to hit it! any plans on changing the first big table on that track after the bleacher jump. thats probably the only jump on that whole track i never liked, dont ask me why either! haha

you really don't like that jump?? I think its a fun one. I'm planning on changing the berm before that jump - pushing it back some, maybe I'll do something different with the jump then. I also plean on working the bleache jump to get a better landing ramp on it. Right now its easy to under or over shoot it, the landing is pretty small, and if you go to far or come up short its no picnic.

Pappy
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
kevin get your R buttoned up?

dan harris
04-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Pappy,

My 450 looks absolutely incredible, the attention to detail is impressive. I can't thank you enough for all the time and work you put into it. I'll be sure to let everyone know what kind of great work you do. If your reading this, and need something powdercoated then you need to get hold of pappy, his work is awesome. This is the second bike he has done for me and the quality is outstanding. You can check out his work on my quads here at the park anytime.

Kevin still has a few things to put on and adjust before I ride, but I imagine he'll get 'er done tomorrow.

Pappy
04-20-2007, 08:43 PM
good to hear you like it.

tell kevin he is a slacker, its 11pm and ill be working until 3am atleast. ask him what his excuse is, i expected to see a few shots of you at dusk airing it out!

the freak
04-20-2007, 08:44 PM
will the powder coat help me grow some ba++s.............if so ill bring it up tonight pappy

i think im comming up with les on sunday dan. maybe i cantry out your new jump..................:eek2:

Pappy
04-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by the freak
will the powder coat help me grow some ba++s.............if so ill bring it up tonight pappy

no garuntee on the added sack it takes to hit some of those jumps.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Dan,

Thanks for posting the pics. Glad to hear you will create a better lander on the bleacher jump on the Rhythm track...please don't change the tabletop coming out of the turn though. I love that jump and no harm done to anyone coming up short.

All the other changes look great and I can't wait to make it out again. Man am I excited!!!

/Jon

Les Davis
04-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Man I cant wait to come up and hit the new step up!! That thing looks sick. Hope to see you either Sunday or Tuesday for a little riding.

pats2007450er
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
looks sick ti'll you hit it then the fun begins

the freak
04-20-2007, 09:33 PM
thats what i wa thinking lol:o

BlaineKaiser450
04-20-2007, 10:05 PM
That looks soooooooo fun!!!

quader400
04-20-2007, 10:33 PM
wow that jump is sick. i really like how you can pick your path, ive gotta make it out there this summer hopefully i do.

Mxjunkie
04-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Look's awesome, can't wait to give it a try sometime :cool:

Was that last jump allways that long? it never seemed that far of a table :chinese:

YFZRB
04-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
I also plan on working the bleacher jump to get a better landing ramp on it. Right now its easy to under or over shoot it, the landing is pretty small, and if you go to far or come up short its no picnic.

That's 4 sure! After swapping the trail tires for some MX tires I went long on the bleacher triple and it was a rough landing. Nice air but it's a long way down when you over shoot it.

Great pics Dan! Awesome news on the 450 and I will be down on Mothers day.

Mxjunkie, that table was 45' when we went around with the long tape last time we were down. It doesn't seem long when you hit it, but it looks big on the pics.

Ride safe guys and see you all soon

Mxjunkie
04-21-2007, 06:53 AM
I was like hrm why does that thing look so long :p , your right though it didn't seem like a far table when your hitting it because you kinda just floated then landed, the lip was awesome, now it looks like it's going to be a blast to hit now, the two lines should offer Paps some cool pictures and offer us some great riding :macho

YFZRB
04-21-2007, 07:24 AM
As always!:D

Pappy
04-21-2007, 07:30 AM
as long as the dust is controlled, that will make a great spot to get pictures. the only draw back to BPG is that its tight (but its a riding area not a full on dedicated mx layout etc)

so many times i will set up on a jump and have the shot ruined by a rider on a different jump, but there is not much you can do about it:p

wvspeedfreak
04-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Other recent changes to the tracks include: Reworking the double on the kids track - bigger and better.

Dan awesome job on the kids track.Austin had a blast up there this morning.The track was great.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/bpgapril214.jpg

Pappy
04-21-2007, 03:00 PM
hey austins doing the double!!! thats great!

we had planned on being out of here at like noon, but i just couldnt get my work done fast enough:ermm: before i knew it, i was at a point where i couldnt stop and had to keep on till the work was done.

jason, go check your stuff in my section, its all ready for you.

Les Davis
04-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Hey Pappy are you heading up to Breezewood tomorrow or the race? If your heading to Breezewood you could drop off the rims and tires to Dan and I can get them on Tuesday when I head up.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
les...i was planning on being there today but i just did not have the time:( i can drop them off in the morning however on my way to the race!)

Les Davis
04-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Pappy, you dont have to make a special trip up there for me. I can get them whenever is convenient for you.

Pappy
04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
it shouldnt be a problem. if i had even thought i wasnt going to make it there today i would have given them to my brother but i had every intention of being there today.

wvspeedfreak
04-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
hey austins doing the double!!! thats great!

we had planned on being out of here at like noon, but i just couldnt get my work done fast enough:ermm: before i knew it, i was at a point where i couldnt stop and had to keep on till the work was done.

jason, go check your stuff in my section, its all ready for you.

I was looking for you up there.I talked to Kevin a while.That's great you got my parts done.I'll go check them out.Thanks!

Les Davis
04-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks allot Pappy. I appreciate it. I'll grab them from Dan on Tuesday. Thanks again for a good deal.

JRP
04-21-2007, 10:44 PM
looks awsome dan, cant wait to get out there and hit em!

KXRida
04-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Out of all the tracks in Pa, this is the track I haven't been to yet. Once I get my bike fixed up again, I'll probably stop down. I've been down there a few times with my buddy/neighbor tony mastrocola to take pictures and video, but never rode there. Everytime I want to go I always find myselft at wolfmann's, rocket, or Panther.

dan harris
04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend to check out the new jumps. We had a great turnout on both days.

Pappy - sorry you didn't get a chance to make it up, we missed ya but definately understand the work thing. The bike looks great, Kevin (kh426) stayed up all night getting her finished up. It rides like a champ. I just need to find some bigger jumps to really see what she'll do.

dan harris
04-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I'll post pics of the changes I make to the bleacher tripple later this week. I'm also gonna move the berm back after the jump.

....... IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OUT TO THE PARK THIS YEAR - WHATTA YA FOR ????

Cabin rentals available the next 2 weekends - still have cabins available for the ATVRIDERS.COM Weekend May 5th and 6th.

joshhelder
04-22-2007, 06:08 PM
thanxs for the good weekend damn. To everyone the new jumps and changes are amazing. The new step up is a blast to hit. A few of us D6 A riders gots some video we should be posting this week. The pit bike races were good too dan made me to every moto haha. EVERYONE SHOULD GO TO BREEZEWOOD

JOSH

Pappy
04-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I just need to find some bigger jumps to really see what she'll do.

funny thing...he means it:p

ill set aside a frame for you:chinese: ;) :D

Les...it was so late when we went towards BPG that i did not even stop. i will either make a run up there tomorrow or ship the...either way you will get them!

Les Davis
04-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Les...it was so late when we went towards BPG that i did not even stop. i will either make a run up there tomorrow or ship the...either way you will get them! [/B][/QUOTE]

No problem Pappy. I plan on heading up Tuesday with some buddies and then again over the weekend so no hurry on getting them up there. So if your heading up next weekend I can get them from you then.

mxdad
04-22-2007, 07:29 PM
The place looked great Dan!!! Glad we got a chance to come up. Here's a little bit of video from the Dining Hall track including that uphill triple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k21a6HCw2U0

eastside 400
04-22-2007, 08:16 PM
tracks were really good this weekend dan, first time up there and wont be my last, this is #58 on the honda i was there saturday and sunday with matt and josh and the others. Great time and the place is great, i have some video ill get up later this week.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-22-2007, 08:45 PM

....... IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OUT TO THE PARK THIS YEAR - WHATTA YA FOR ????

My quad to get fixed..

dan harris
04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
My quad to get fixed..

- an acceptable answer

........and everyone else???????????

dan harris
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by eastside 400
tracks were really good this weekend dan, first time up there and wont be my last, this is #58 on the honda i was there saturday and sunday with matt and josh and the others. Great time and the place is great, i have some video ill get up later this week.

Glad to have you at the park, you and your boys were flat out rippin' it uP !!! Thank Matt for hanging his banner and representin', I'm sure you guys put on a heck of a show at the races. Looking forward to having you guys back. Hope you can make it up May 26th (memorial weekend) for the Night time RACE on the big track.

Pappy
04-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Dan...Breezewood was well represented yesterday at the race!

insaneracin2003
04-23-2007, 10:10 AM
- an acceptable answer

........and everyone else???????????
a quad :(

insaneracin2003
04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Dan...Breezewood was well represented yesterday at the race!
haha nice ken,that is what i am talking about. I WILL make it out there one day. on foot,quad,bike,rc cars shoot.one day.:cool: