PDA

View Full Version : Boots Or 50/50 Boots Better ??

jubileeatv
04-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Please shoot me yalls opinion, I ride an 05yfz on trails,jumps and wide open, no track riding,,I heard full boots hinder shifting of gears on the yfz..

:devil:

GPracer2500
04-20-2007, 07:19 PM
It was hard for me to adjust to riding in full boots (I have Alpinestars Tech-6s). I resisted wanting to wear them at first because it felt like I couldn't feel the shifter.

I adjusted. Now I feel naked riding without boots. I can sqeeze better with my legs and just generally feel more solidly connected to the chassis.

I've never ridden in 50/50s.

250r4life
04-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
It was hard for me to adjust to riding in full boots (I have Alpinestars Tech-6s). I resisted wanting to wear them at first because it felt like I couldn't feel the shifter.

I adjusted. Now I feel naked riding without boots. I can sqeeze better with my legs and just generally feel more solidly connected to the chassis.

I've never ridden in 50/50s.

same for me... i have tech 8s... when i 1st got them, i didnt like them very much... especially when i was racing, as i was missing shifts and consequently losing races i wasnt used to losing...
in fact, i used to switch into my caterpillers at night when we would go to the hill to race, cuz i hated missing my shifts..

after a couple trips i got used to them, and now i feel naked riding without them... i wont go back... it is so weird to ride a bike without boots... and i dont have a problem shifting at all...

Gray33
04-20-2007, 10:07 PM
FOr me i would go with the boots because 50/50 boots look kinda queer. Once i rode in boots i couldnt stop and now everytime i ride i have to ahve them on

YFZ450Ridr
04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
i always ride in boots and a chest pro and i feel naked without them. you wont like your boots until after a full day of riding in them just because of the different feel and they will be stiff. DEFF move the shfiter up becuase they are much thicker than shoes and it will be much more comfortable. get real riding boots.

250r4life
04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
i would either keep the ****er stock, or move it back to stock once you have your boots broken in... once you get used to them and get them broken in you shouldnt have a problem with the stock shifter position

jubileeatv
04-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks for yalls information.

haulnass suckngas

:devil:

quadgeek631
04-27-2007, 07:53 PM
I thought 50/50 boots are just for pitbike riding and stuff. I'm ordering me up a pair of them soon for the pitbike action!