PDA

View Full Version : dakota sxt?

ny300exrider
04-20-2007, 12:45 PM
anyone familiar with this truck?? im thinking about upgrading from my 99 isuzu rodeo money pit to something with less miles. my rodeo has 110k and is going to need a bunch of maintence items replaced soon so instead of dumping money into it like ive been doing, i think its time to sell. i found a 02 dakota sxt down the street from me....reg. cab, 2wd, v6. i usually look for a ext.cab 4x4 v8 but now that i think of it, i never drive over 3 people around, have never used 4x4 on my suv to its potential, and really actually prefer the v6 due to gas and i really cant afford anything bettet. this truck is one of the VERY FEW around me that is in my price range and looks pretty good. any info or opinions would be great...think its a good buy? http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/car/315447516.html

btw, id take off the front lights and grill guard off immediatly, not a fan..

thanks

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/car/315447516.html

<DRS>GPF
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
i like my 00 dakota club cab, but after having it and driving others in its class, im thinking a colorado next. better mileage and better ride..

mine just feels like they tried to mix utility drive train with a road vehicle and poorly executed it. maybe ill try intake and exaust mods before i give up on it.

though it does 'feel' better with the quad in the bed.. :D

whiteflash
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
I have a 04' auto, 2wd SXT and if your getting it for gas mileage, look somewhere else. We average 15-17mpg, which is about what our hemi ram gets. It struggles to stay above 70, especially with a quad in the back. Just my opinion

ny300exrider
04-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by whiteflash
I have a 04' auto, 2wd SXT and if your getting it for gas mileage, look somewhere else. We average 15-17mpg, which is about what our hemi ram gets. It struggles to stay above 70, especially with a quad in the back. Just my opinion ooo wasnt expecting that.

thanks alot for the reply though....yours is the v6?

struggling to stay above 70 seems kind of weak. my isuzu will pull a 6x10 trailor at 65-70 without much problem.

anyone else have this problem with the dakota?

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 10:27 AM
i have a colorado with the I-5 and it sucks gas like crazy it does ride nice though has decent power, tows ok to, semi-quick for an I-5 truck

whiteflash
04-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
ooo wasnt expecting that.

thanks alot for the reply though....yours is the v6?

struggling to stay above 70 seems kind of weak. my isuzu will pull a 6x10 trailor at 65-70 without much problem.

anyone else have this problem with the dakota?

ya its a v6, all stock except for an intake.