PDA

View Full Version : AC Nerfbars Bend?

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Well I was just wondering what the reason is for this. There are bolted up correctly and are tight but when you like step on the one side they bend down. Both sides do this too. I was just wondering if it was normal?

JimmyHoffa
04-21-2007, 09:56 PM
In my experience, I have found that AC racing makes weak crap that doesn't bolt square in the first place. Try Pro Armor. Most will flex, but my AC's were super poopy.

esr250r86
04-21-2007, 11:00 PM
yeah, All of the ac pro-pegs that I have seen, have always got loose at the peg mount and move up and down badly and look and perform really crappy. I dont think I would ever purchase the pro-pegs from ac but rather buy ones they sell that are not pro-pegged.

Ruby Soho
04-22-2007, 07:32 AM
I have their standard nerf bars, they dont bend and are very strong..

tar
04-22-2007, 10:24 AM
I have tha AC pro pegs and have yet to even tweak them so I don't know how you think they are weak.

trx400EXtreme
04-22-2007, 05:02 PM
personally, i dont se anything wrong with AC pro pegs. i have a set on ex and are some of the best nerfs i've ever had.

JimmyHoffa
04-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Apparently I got screwed over. My nerf bars required refabrication before installation. They came poorly welded, and didn't bolt up at all. I had to make a jig to unbend them. (they were brand new) This may have made them weaker. All in all, I was severly annoyed by the man who kept saying I was an idiot and that they "should bolt right up". (AC tech support.) Oh well. Each to his own.

tar
04-23-2007, 03:40 PM
When I put mine on I left all the bolts loose until I got everything put together and it all slid right in.

hornetgod13
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM
I own a set of AC Pro Peg Nerfs and they were a living hell to install. They did not fit right and the installation instuctions were worthless. I had to bend them significanly just to get them to fit. After I spent 3 hours to get them on, I was so pissed that I sent AC a nasty e-mail to let them know how unhappy I was. They look great and function well once installed but, it was ridiculous trying to put them on.

Here's the actual e-mail I sent to AC. I got no resonse back, go figure.

AC Racing,
I own a Honda TRX400EX. I recently purchased a set of your Black Line Pro Peg Nerf Bars from a local dealer. I was excited when they arrived. They looked great and I was eager to install them. Being an aircraft mechanic for 18 years I figured this would be an easy task. I had all the required tools and plenty of time. Once I started installing the nerfs I discover the instructions were difficult to follow and the black and white photos where impossible to see clearly. To make matters worse I discovered that the Nerfs were near impossible to line up. I challenge you to fit a pair of the same nerfs I purchased on another 400EX and you'll see the frustration I had to deal with. It took 2 men and pry bars to get them to fit. Once installed they look fantastic but, to get them on was pure hell.
I strongly recommend better instructions (quad specific) with clear photos and properly fitting Nerfs. I wouldn't recommend your product to another rider unless changes are made.

strnge
05-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Here we go:

I like the style of the Ac Racing Line.

I ordered all 3 of these at onece.

I ordered a front bumper.....Didn't fit. One mount was welded WAY Off. I had to bend the crud out of it to fit.

I ordered a rear bumper. I had to drill new mounting holes for it.

I ordered a set of Blackline Pro Pegs for my 250R. I contacted Eric in the service the dept. and he said it would (BOLT RIGHT UP, with the only modification done to the front motor mount)

YA RIGHT!!!!!!!

I'll have to post my own Topic on this screw up by AC Racing Staff.

I will wait till my modifications are done to make it fit before I post.

I would not recomend thier product to anyone.

Sorry to rant on your topic:mad:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow I must have been the lucky one then. I bought mine used and they fit fine and my cousin just bought a set for his 450r and they work fine?