PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems??

lukesyfs200
04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
since i bought my blaster a month or so ago, the clutch has been really hard to pull in and recently it hasn't been working right, it seems like it is barely engaging when i use it and recently it stalled a few times when i had the clutch in and i shifted from N to 1st, Any ideas on what needs fixed or replaced? Thanks.

lukesyfs200
04-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Anyone?

dirtdawg
08-06-2008, 08:28 PM
you need a new cable and most likely a new clutch. @ rockymountainatv, you can get a tusk clutch kit w/ HD springs for $42 and a motion-pro cable for like $14. i did that and my clutch is great now.

Nillious
08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Check the point of the clutch lever on the engine. It should be pulling from its highest leverage point (lever on the actual engine) if you know what I mean. If its pulling past where its supposed to it will get extremely hard to pull and will not disengage properly.

to fix this you will have to remove the side case and adjust the internal adjustment.

check that lever and see what range its moving in.

Also, is your adjustment having to be adjusted out?... or In alot?

woodsracer144
01-01-2009, 08:50 PM
your in the need of a cable and a clutch kit... also check the little arm that your cable hookc on on the motor, when the cables off spin it the other direction that the clutch pulls and pull straight up,,, i had a chip in mine and it would cause the clutch not ingauge all the way...

i was ridin to to work on a farm, i have a trail to there and its alot of tight woods and it broke in a spot where i use the clutch alot... took a long time to get there and home...