PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Tecate

DEAL
10-25-2001, 04:24 PM
Does anyone own one of these machines.
I know where i can get a VERY NICE 88 for a good price.
Are there any major problems with these machines?
I know they don't handle as well as the 250r but if i do decide not to go up on this deal I know i am missing out.
The bike is all stock except for rear beadlocks and new tires (not sure what kind).
I only want it for riding around a few trails on. I know how rare these machines are around here so i pretty much want to keep it out of the mud and water, The main type of riding i want to do are gravel&sand pits and fire roads. (oh yeah and i really wanna rip the $h!t outta my friends stock 400ex on the stright aways.)

knighttime
10-25-2001, 05:13 PM
All I know is that if you are interested and can get a descent tecate for a good price is: GO FOR IT. These are very rare quads. They have some problems, but u can get good aftermarket parts to fix anything on it. As far as them compared to a 250R, I think the tecate may handle better than u think. With aftermarket shocks it will even maybe be better than an r.

Good luck

Leo
10-25-2001, 05:49 PM
If I could find one that was in decent condition, for a decent price, I'd snap it up... For no other reason than they are few + far between.

Leo

"BLAHH"300!!
10-27-2001, 08:48 AM
i found a couple in there-
a very nice one on e-bay- super clean
all stock but the rear rims and tires' not sure what year though
oh and the front healight cover was missing n the pic- but it can be replaced- looks ok without it-

moto93
10-27-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider

Are there any major problems with these machines?

Just make sure you have a lot of Loctite on hand. They vibrate something fierce!