PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to get extras on your truck?

450raider
04-19-2007, 09:33 AM
as the topic says i had to drive my truck 2-3 hours straight like a week ago to a concert and really could of used cruise control so is it even possible to get it put on?, im thinking it can be done but im wanting to see if anyones had it done before.

also i dont need it as bad as the CC but power windows would be nice so i wasthinking that you could goto a junkyard of some sort and buy doors (that have the power windows) off a f150 thats been totaled in the back and get a ford place to put em on and wire them up.

so has anyone had any of this done before or know of any alternate aftermarket places thats does this sort of thing?

thanks

300exOH
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I have seen aftermarket cruise control kits on ebay before and I'm betting JC Whitney has them too. You can also get add on power window kits to convert your manual windows. They are fairly easy to install and can be found at the same places as above. I think the power window kit would be much cheaper than replacing the doors.

04-19-2007, 09:41 AM
yes, my wife had cruice control added to her malibu when she bought the car used...i think it was around $300...and power windows and locks are readily available and can be done at any audio install place...i looked into them for my truck...2 door truck was going to cost me about $150 to $180 each