PDA

View Full Version : EHS Airbox Lid is ready to go!!!

ScramblerXLE
04-19-2007, 07:01 AM
EHS Airbox Lid (http://www.ehsracing.com/products/outlaw525_airbox_EHS.htm)

There she is. I got mine overnighted :) it was the first one they made an it showed up last friday. I've been meening to tell you guys. It's a GREAT product. keeps your airbox nice and clean while at the same time, allowing better airflow. You can hear and feel the difference and dynos have shown 3.2ish HP gain just by removing your airbox lid! This product makes that possible even in an XC race! No reason not to b/c you've got more HP, why not harness it?

This did not require a jetting change. However it did seem to lean out the midrange, (I added 80% more fuel to the shot with the big O-Ring and that took care of it as a temperary fix,) but I'll be playing w/ the needle clip this weekend and will post what I find.

vegastrailrider
04-22-2007, 07:09 PM
thanks for the update, just ordered the kit for my ride.
Just got back from Glamis Ca. and the dunes were great:D

Outlaw 50
04-23-2007, 06:37 PM
No jetting change???? Did you already rejet the quad when you bought it?

The 525 comes way lean from the factory.

You might want to do a plug check before you burn a hole in the top of the piston.

ScramblerXLE
04-24-2007, 04:23 AM
LOL! yeah, i meant if you have it jetted properly it doesn't require a jetting change. Here in MI, i'm at 1600 feet and I'm running:
-Red needle on the 6th clip (this took care of the leanness i was getting in the mid range after installing the EHS lid.)
-170 Main Jet
-Small O-ring for 40% faster shot (the big O-ring is too much and will make the motor bog out when it gets to around 80 degrees like it was sunday)
-Fuel Screw 1-3/4 turns out

Do this and you should have a pretty good starting point.

18thecaptain
04-29-2007, 01:12 PM
checked out the link looks like a good product. just gotta save a nother hunde. ($100.00)

ewatts2003
09-09-2007, 10:42 AM
So does the kit just come with everything you need to do the conversion to your stock box, and the complete kit is an already assembled airbox?

eerhard09
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ewatts2003
So does the kit just come with everything you need to do the conversion to your stock box, and the complete kit is an already assembled airbox?

Yes, just the lid though, not the entire airbox.