PDA

View Full Version : New quad, with a roll cage

ml450r
04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I am getting older and decided I need something with a roll cage

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:44 PM
oh boy......sorry lol.... thats a nasty car, are u running pro stock or modified......i live 3 miles from utica rome raceway, and am on the pit crew for one of the champs over there, you should definately head up here with that thing.

underpowered
04-18-2007, 09:45 PM
very nice. i love dirt track cars. one problems though, and i believe it is already circled on the car lol. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/boti.gif

ml450r
04-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I am going to race "A modified" . That is what it is called around here. It is actually an IMCA legal car. I will probably just run local tracks. I haven't even drove it yet. I am going to get in it this saturday for the first time. I have never raced dirt track before....

I figure it can't be too hard, go fast, turn left...lol

1fst400
04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Cheepest form of car racing is the class I run.

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ml450r

Hell ya Good Luck....I have always wanted to try it before.

400eXr1d3rZ
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
very nice. i love dirt track cars. one problems though, and i believe it is already circled on the car lol. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/boti.gif

You're right, that's a huge problem, you should get that fixed.

1fst400
04-18-2007, 09:57 PM
"I figure it can't be too hard, go fast, turn left...lol"

I hope your kidding, thats like saying Quad racing is easy, just give it more throttle.

my car doesent look like much more than a scrap car. But thats the point. Doesent need to look good to go fast.

visit www.motionsickmotorsports.com there is a pic of my budies pro stock. cant miss the pic:blah: we lost the password or somthin and none of us know how to edit the site.

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
Cheepest form of car racing is the class I run.

What car?:blah: :huh

underpowered
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ml450r
I figure it can't be too hard, go fast, turn left...lol [/QUOTE

here is how it was explained to me.. i was given the oportunity to race a modified car, but the guy crshed the week before i was gonna race it.

pedal to the floor, when you enter the corner jab the brakes till the rear end comes around and the wheel is full lock to the right, then let off the brake and lay the pedal on teh floor again till the next corner. if need be, feather the throttle through the corner to keep it in line

bah1491
04-21-2007, 05:52 AM
wow, please dont tell me that was a serious explanation....ive been arounddirt track for a while....and thats possibly the most rediculous thing ive ever heard....

www.barthartman.com

quad2xtreme
04-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by bah1491
wow, please dont tell me that was a serious explanation....ive been arounddirt track for a while....and thats possibly the most rediculous thing ive ever heard....

www.barthartman.com

WINNER!!!! Put this into the best garage thread a few months ago...I gotta go clean my kitchen to look this nice. /Jon

tat900
04-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by ml450r
I am going to race "A modified" . That is what it is called around here. It is actually an IMCA legal car. I will probably just run local tracks. I haven't even drove it yet. I am going to get in it this saturday for the first time. I have never raced dirt track before....

If you think that you will be the biggest joke out there. Dude if you have never raced any type of car you are in way over your head. Do you have any experience in karting at all. If you havent raced any i suggest not gettingthat car . What is the rear suspension did they say coilover or eliminators . Is it 3 link or 2 link . is it race ready and how much i cant try to give you my input on what its worth
This is my car from last year dont look like that anymore

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/3.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/viewphoto.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/z-a-i-52K-KylePrater.jpg

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
dude i race a sportsman its freakin awesome theres a lil more to it then just go fats turn left i dunno how the dirt is down there but i race at a place called penn cann up in pa and sometimes ill hit 5 mile point but the dirt up here is like a clay that they lay down and then they soak the **** outta it and its like glass talk about a drift the whole track is just one big powerslide with the sportsman i chew tires up like crazy very expensive hobby and if you win everything goes right back into the car i havent had a chance to take pics of this years car yet but anyways what car do you have ml450r i picked up a 2006 bicknell it used to be the old pillsberry car it was only raced once befor i got a hold of it i put a 350 small block in it from main engines its fun but expensive

whiteflash
04-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
dude i race a sportsman its freakin awesome theres a lil more to it then just go fats turn left i dunno how the dirt is down there but i race at a place called penn cann up in pa and sometimes ill hit 5 mile point but the dirt up here is like a clay that they lay down and then they soak the **** outta it and its like glass talk about a drift the whole track is just one big powerslide with the sportsman i chew tires up like crazy very expensive hobby and if you win everything goes right back into the car i havent had a chance to take pics of this years car yet but anyways what car do you have ml450r i picked up a 2006 bicknell it used to be the old pillsberry car it was only raced once befor i got a hold of it i put a 350 small block in it from main engines its fun but expensive

That was one giant sentence
:eek2:

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 06:57 PM
yeah sorry sometimes i get focus on what im typin i forget to make whole sentences

tat900
04-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
That was one giant sentence
:eek2:

Does anyone besides you care?

I hope you realize a night to the track if you bring family or crew
100-200$
fuel for night
race gas 6.00 gallon
methanol 3.00 gallon burn prolly 20 gallons of methanol or 7-10 on gas
tires 89 a piece rr will last 3 nights hard running
Im not trying to scare you but this sport aint cheap. If you dont have any experience i suggest you go to brook taylor driving school or the one in texas . When you gout first time on track start tailback the whole night . You are in for a rude awakening lol

milburn
04-22-2007, 01:22 AM
I like to see more Fords on the track are you thinking I-70 racing?

skull2002
04-22-2007, 05:16 AM
yee haa! ya gotta love spending 20 grand on a motor, and grenading it racin for a hundred bucks! wide open , slide, avoid huge earth moving tires!

tat900
04-22-2007, 08:16 AM
imca racing is no joke . Fords are so expensive to build but they can turn the rpm's . The cost to run my car was around 600 a week easily . Whatever money i received at a race was put back into the car .

bah1491
04-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Its all about the image, and the spnosors....i guess i shouldnt say the "image" but if you can have a nice looking car, find yourself some local sponsors to give you $500 for a hood decal, thats a start....there are so many oppritunities for sponsorships its rediculous to complain about costs....and if you truly love it, you'll pay it!!

by the way, whats this "best garage contest?"

bah1491
04-22-2007, 01:56 PM
oh yea, thats a nice looking mod....

tat900
04-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I do love it and pay for it . Alot of people jump into a imca and are in way over ther e heads . And your right on the sponsorship thing but most companies are gave the sponsor money months ago. I wish him luck but i wantedto give him some input

vpofthedrc
04-22-2007, 03:07 PM
If you are spending 20 grand on a motor and are grenading it on the first lap, you need a new engine builder. lol

tat900
04-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by vpofthedrc
If you are spending 20 grand on a motor and are grenading it on the first lap, you need a new engine builder. lol

i did that with my builder there last year my 355 let go at 7700 he got tothe pits grabbed his truck and cherry picker took motor out and went to work that night had new motor by next fri

vpofthedrc
04-23-2007, 07:37 AM
We have a 430 c.i. that we were turning at 7900 in hotlaps. It scared me, lol. I couldn't imagine something that high powered letting go at 8 grand. The engine builder suggested we run it around 7800 rpm, so we weren't much over, but thats alot of money.

tat900
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey I blew my first motor last year turned 8800 was not nice knew it was strarting to go and say to heck with it and let her puke some guys run theres like that all times not me 7500 is my max

ml450r
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by milburn
I like to see more Fords on the track are you thinking I-70 racing?

I raced at I-70 this last Friday. It was my first time in the car. I haven't even been to a practice yet. I finished third in the heat out of five. I started out back in the feature and finished tenth out of ten in the main.

tat900
As far as thinking I was a joke out there, I don't think so. The car was too tight but with the low turnout it didn't make a difference until about half way through the feature (track took awhile to work in). I understand You thinking I am in over my head but I can drive a car.;) You don't have to go out and win the first night. Driving a modified isn't rocket science. I think you may have misuderstood the post. I wasn't thinking about buying this car, I built it this winter from the chassis up. It is a dirtworks Dw11. It has the short swingarm set up on left and 2 link on right. I am not trying to disrespect any dirt track racers. It will take plenty of practice to be one of the fast guys. I will run the smaller shows until I get alot better.
Merrill Crose

tat900
04-23-2007, 07:46 PM
well round here 40-50 a night racing for 21 spots tough racing down here dw11 are they underslung cars . I personally like grt local gys and customer service and help is top noctch . More pwer to ya . You running pinto spindles theres your push

ml450r
04-23-2007, 08:00 PM
dw11 is overslung. I believe it has mustang II spindles. Dirtworks is only one hour from me. Alot of guys run them around here, that is why I built a dw. I had the 90-10 wrap shock mounted uphill on the rear end. I think that was the main problem. I have some learning to do.

tat900
04-24-2007, 05:58 AM
do not run pinto spindles even though there tougher and easy to find . I run metric cars always have and know how to get em to work . Dw are good cars cept the dw8 they flexed alot and i beleive chromoly tubing . My first car I worked on was a dw9 and we always ran impala spindels. I recomend keeping a 2 link on it easier to drive and can adjust is it on eliminators or coilovers? What are your front springs? And did you scale the carif so what were the % . If its pushin alot did you change tire pressure . Theres so many things to adjust to get these cars to hook up . Do you have any video of the race or pics of it ?

ml450r
04-24-2007, 10:42 AM
52.1%left
55.6%rear
50.7%cross

60lbs of left rear.

The right side rear spring sits on top and the left is on an eliminator on swingarm. The front has a 650lb left and 750 right.

tat900
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
anything over 63% will make it lazy around the corners . What were the tires new hoosiers or ar and what were the presuures

ml450r
04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
American racers. 10lbs left 12lbs on right