PDA

View Full Version : what are some cool mods you can do?

sahlberg
04-18-2007, 07:58 PM
well, i'm new to the sport world and may be getting a 450R within the next 2 months. i was on the utility side with snorkeling out, and learning how to get my quad to ride cometpletely under water.

now, one crazy mod (in my opinion) was put a stereo on it.

what are some crazy and cool mods you can do to the 450Rs?

and just in general, how much does it cost to get the frame power coated?

thanks

ShiftFMX
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sahlberg
now, one crazy mod (in my opinion) was put a stereo on it.

:eek2: Please, Do yourself a favor, and Never Suggest that Again... :p

And Check this (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183254) out for Prices on PC work. Welcome to the site and hopefully you will be riding a 450 soon!

esr250r86
04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Sick wheels like spinners?:confused:

Flyin-Low
04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
OHH, Bet you guys didn't think of this one...

Building spinners with stereo speakers in them!

-Maritn

esr250r86
04-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
OHH, Bet you guys didn't think of this one...

Building spinners with stereo speakers in them!

-Maritn that would be pretty cool i guess?:rolleyes:

sahlberg
04-19-2007, 12:29 PM
what do you mean never sugges that again? i already have one on my quad now (its a utility so its easier) and i might put one on the 450R....MIGHT....i have an idea but hard to explain and wouldnt be too heavy but not sure about it....

300ex mxracer
04-19-2007, 02:40 PM
please dont put a stereo on a 450r. if you want something to listen to, slap a nice full exhaust like dasa, rossier, or sparks on it and listen to that.

pro-rider46
04-19-2007, 06:12 PM
and if you put a stereo on a sport quad, it will break really easy but the sport ones arent made to have luxurys on them like reverse and gps, they are made to come out of a corner and gas it to clear that 90 foot double

sahlberg
04-19-2007, 06:17 PM
i know, you're right. i was just stating i had a stereo on my utility recon and that i thought that was unique for a utility so i wanted to see some unique stuff i could do when i get a 450R....

dunebuggie66
04-19-2007, 06:25 PM
i appreciate your originality, and ambition to do something crazy. apparently some people around here don't. do what you want. if you can put a stereo on it, make it fully waterproof, and not be able to see a lot of it i think it would be cool. put like an xm radio on it with small high power speakers under the hood, so people are like "where the hell is that music coming from" as you are flying over the 90 ft. double! a dvd player and 6" screen mounted where your warning lables are on the front fenders would be sweet too. you can watch a movie while you're waiting in staging, or on the line. put small speakers in your helmet for full surround sound too!!

dunebuggie66
04-19-2007, 06:27 PM
just had another idea. buy a smoke machine like what they put on rc airplanes and hit the button when you're clearing the big double. smoke trails over jumps would be sick!

sahlberg
04-19-2007, 06:29 PM
lol.....well, with my stereo, i can submerge it in water (which i've done) and it will still keep playing...lol

i had an idea about what i'd do...-

where the warning labels are (about where your knees are facing when sitting) drill 6.5" whole on each side, mount some waterproof speakers....and i have to do some research but i cant remember what exactly i'd need (not sure i need an amp or something) but just make it where the speakers run to the battery and to my ipod....so, theres not too much weight or things in the way, but still there.....i'd have to really see exactly what quad i'd get (year) and exactly how i'd set it up if i did....i've had my stereo not too long so if i start to really like it on my recon, i might just set it up on the 450R

sahlberg
04-19-2007, 06:30 PM
haha.....and i just got another idea today...

i know for trucks and cars, they have this thing to shoot flames out of the exahhust. it put some gas in the exhaust, ignites it and shoots flames. i think you have to drill a hole in the exhaust and set it up like that. you think it'd be possible on a quad or would it probably damage it?

pro-rider46
04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
you can probably do it but when you see people do it on tv show(like trucks on spike) the mount a coil and other stuff and i sounds like it would be like trying to fit a square block through a circle slot

you can go for it just dont blow yourself up:uhoh:

pro-rider46
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM
also if your running all these lines you might as well put nitrous on it while your at it:D

sahlberg
04-19-2007, 06:57 PM
what does that mean? while i'm running these lines i should put nitrous on? im assuming its just running the speakers to an amp and then to the battery. it really isnt too hard

Flyin-Low
04-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Wow, some strange people out there...

Putting a radio on a RACING quad is about the least sensible thing I've ever heard.

-Maritn

Flyin-Low
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
While your at it dude, take a jigsaw and cut a 12'' hole in both your back fenders so you can slap some 12'' woofers in there... then some neons, and a spoiler, some spinners and a tuner pipe from a like civic.

pro-rider46
04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
dude you were saying of installing a flame thrower kit which you have to run lines to do so you might as well add nitrous

culichi
04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
heyy pro-rider i dont like your

Death follows us all, If it catches you....your on a suzuki!!!!

come here to culiacan, mexico and lets race completeley stocck and see which bikes runs faster

pro-rider46
04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
hey buddy you will get me off the line but you will top way to quick and ill blow past you

ps im not coming down there and paying like a grand to do so
and secondly im not tearing my bike apart to race you stock and stock

to make you happy i will take it out :)