PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Winding noise

quadgod440ex
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok fellas , i searched a few threads and didnt come up with anything. This might sound stupid but when im riding there is a winding noise comin from my bike almost like a supercharger or something. like i said might sound alittle stupid. But that is the best way i could describe it. Its only when the bikes in gear and im riding. I have no idea what this is... Possible Clutch?Trans problem? Im not noticing any shifting problems or clutch slipping problems . Has anyone had this problem before?

esr250r86
04-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Check your motor mounts. When one of my motor mounts on my trx250r cracked in half it made a similiar noise. If not its probably something in the motor?

lumi
04-18-2007, 09:34 PM
tires lol... alot of old cars trannys wine from the type of gears there made of.. i cant imagine the clutch winding unless the throw out bearing is fried, but if it when ur riding thats ruled out... can def be a trans problem for the most part... try this when u start riding pull in the cltuch and let off the gas and see if the sound is still there and than re engage the clutch try to spot a difference... also drain ur tranny oi and check for anything wierd..

-lumi

ss440ex
04-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Does the engine still rev and preform the same?
Noise change under a load?
Ck the oil filter for any metal...
May be crank going bad!

Hope not!!

DirtDevilBT
04-18-2007, 10:39 PM
is it whining? or wining, winding. That sounds strange to me lol.

Lumi: the trannies whine because they have straight cut gears instead of slanted ones. Something like that, I know it's the straight cut gears though

quadgod440ex: check your chain, filter?, ummmm lol.

describe when it makes the noise, EXACTLY what is happening at the time.

Flodies400ex
04-18-2007, 11:49 PM
yea I no what your talking about and now is your bike brand new with HRC cam because mine did that when I first got it but thats just my 2 cents

quadgod440ex
04-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Motor runs great , Trans shifts fine , Clutch does not slip at all. I was also thinking about the straight cut gears , cause when i had my car trans built with straight cut gears it did this. But i just never noticed it on my bike before. Ive had it for almost 3 years now and it just came to my attention. when the bike is idling and i rev it , the noise does not happen. It does NOT happen when i engage the clutch. The problem only consis once i am riding in a gear. Does it in all gears. Change my Motor oil after every ride , and my trans oil every other ride . I have not noticed anything different in the oil , No metal shaving or debri in them. only way i think a chain would do it is if it was way to tight. Chain is fine. Tires are brand new holeshot mx6r's , noise also accured with other tires. Its just a really wierd whinding noise. The bike is performing the same i havnt noticed anything at all different. I mean maybe theres nothing wrong maybes its just something i really never noticed. Only thing i can think of that might give u guys a better explanation is i noticed the problem After i took the bike out the next weekend after a really muddy muddy muddy race. Thats the only other clues i could think of. Thanks so much for all the input. Sorry i cannot describe the problem better.

quadgod440ex
04-19-2007, 06:39 AM
sorry i do not have the hrc kit. Mods are in my sig. Thanks

d3ktrix
04-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Like asked above, if you pull in the clutch while ur moving and just drift does it still do it?

Still sounds like a trans problem though.

quadgod440ex
04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
I havnt got a chance to go out there this morning. Im actually at work right now , when i get home i will take it up the street and see what happens. Thanks

pro-rider46
04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
do you have a airbox lid because if you dont that noise might just be the filter sucking in more air

my friends yfz doesnt have a lid but has an exhaust, KandN , rejeted, and when you slowy start out you hear a whistle noise like a turbo but when you gas it you can only hear that exhaust

honda4life72
04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
nah is just your transmisson winning , mine does it to

quadgod440ex
04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
ok what i came up with is ....... When i pull in the clutch and rev it , The noise does not happen. the noise only happens when i am letting the clutch out to go. So im pretty much leanin towards the clutch is glazed or something. Not positive. Gonna check it once i buy a new one.

lumi
04-21-2007, 09:27 AM
time for a video to even more specify the issue.

hondamano4
04-21-2007, 11:08 AM
is your chain and spocket good and oil .because when i dont do mine for it in long time it start make something like that and it coming from my front spocket. when i oil it goes

ERIC

quadgod440ex
04-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Oil Gets changed after every ride. Chain and sprokets are about 2 motos old. just changed them for the new season. Im thinkin some how the plates are glazed or something cause it is only when im takin off. once i get goin it stops . When im rolling if i pull in the clutch it does NOT make the noise. so im leanin towards more of a clutch issue. Its only when im slippin the clutch to leave. Lots of good ideas you guys have tho. Thanks alot i appreciate it!

d3ktrix
04-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Makes sense by what you have said.

Deff. internal tranny/clutch.

450rJam
04-21-2007, 05:20 PM
what carb you running ? the fcr carb has a whine like a gear drive, after you take the air box lid off it is even more pronounced.

just a thought.

quadgod440ex
04-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Stock carb