PDA

View Full Version : Hitting front brake while jumping.

AtvMxRider
10-11-2002, 03:52 PM
does it help bring the front end down like hitting the rear brake does.

10-11-2002, 03:54 PM
yup, but not as good as the back, the back spins much harder and faster so when it stops its much more powerful

Pappy
10-11-2002, 04:02 PM
ummmm....dont hit the front brake......not a good idea at all.

10-11-2002, 04:04 PM
dont land like that either..... ive never done it jumping but wheeling it will bring the front end down...

10-11-2002, 04:36 PM
I will probably be told that I am wrong, but I don't use my brakes much when jumping at all. I rely more on body english. I think it works better.

yellow_ho_01
10-11-2002, 04:40 PM
the front brake is good for samll adjustments... the rear is good for big adjustment.... and BOTH are only when you know your gonna crash anyways!!!

stupid driver
10-11-2002, 05:03 PM
when do u apply the brakes. sorry, i cant help im stupid

10-11-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver

when u want to nose down

Derek
10-11-2002, 05:10 PM
justfine you are absolutly right. yea body english is great and works good but when you really need it brakes help out alot.

trueblue450
10-14-2002, 09:22 AM
I always use the fronts.. i think its a lot easier to do then pulling in the clutch and then tappin the rear.. you can just pull the front in maybe im lazy.. but in the air I like to make things simple cuz I usually freeze.

YZROOSTINYA
10-14-2002, 10:29 AM
i used the rear on my quad and it doesnt do ish. i use the front and it comes right down. no probs for me

your not going fast enough to cause a crash by stopping the front wheels.

if i can land a wheelie with my front tire not moving at 100mph on my r6 then 30 mph on the dirt aint gonna do ish

Str8Wicked
10-14-2002, 10:47 AM
What are brakes?

YZROOSTINYA
10-14-2002, 10:53 AM
there right behind the muffler bearings, they kick in the powerband pump

DarkStarRacing
10-14-2002, 11:02 AM
if you hit the brakes in the air make sure you give it some gas before you land or your gonna go over the bars, ive seen it happen :D

exriderdude
10-14-2002, 11:08 AM
hitting the brakes in the air doenst really make a huge difference, at least not for me, but it depends on the jump, sometimes when i hit the brakes my front end gradually and slowly comes down. and on others i can jam the brake and it comes down quick. i guess it depens though.

i usually just use body language and push it, i think its more fun that way:D

monkeyboy
04-29-2005, 07:54 AM
stoooopid:rolleyes:

FreekShow
04-29-2005, 05:07 PM
hey monkey**** why is u bringing back this old thread. Imma kik u *** in da dirt pil:scary:

QuadRacer041
04-30-2005, 05:14 AM
hitting the front brakes in the air really doesnt do anything, you may feel like it does but it doesnt.
people who say hitting the rear brake doesnt really do much probably isnt doing it right.
has anyone ever watched supercross?look at every guy ride they are on the rear brake all the time.IT WORKS, its a fact.
the principle behind it is by stopping the wheels (rear) from spinning you the momentom they are carring stops, cause the front to be forced down.same as if your nosing low, you gas it and the increased wheel speed(rear) pushes the rear down.
it takes a little more to do it on a quad then a bike.the quad is much heavier, so doing at the last second or not jabbing the brake hard enough really wont do much.i think thats the mistake most people make.i know before i even reach the halfway piont of being in the air i know if i need to jab the brake or not.this is something that takes alot of practice to do affectively, start on small jumps and work up.and dont just apply the rear brake JAB it.

Golden Joker
04-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I will probably be told that I am wrong, but I don't use my brakes much when jumping at all. I rely more on body english. I think it works better.

I agree, body english works way better for me.

muddy400EX
04-30-2005, 10:53 AM
ive never actually hit the brakes in the air, i usually use body english. heres a stupid question, when you hit the back brakes in the air do you have to pull in the clutch like on the ground?:ermm:

Ridin' Jesse
04-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ummmm....dont hit the front brake......not a good idea at all.

Agreed lol...thats a deathwish

chucked
04-30-2005, 11:15 AM
guys this thead is 3 years old now, atxmxrider sold his quad like a year ago

steveatv3
04-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by stupid driver

this is when you apply the brakes!

QuadRacer041
04-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ive never actually hit the brakes in the air, i usually use body english. heres a stupid question, when you hit the back brakes in the air do you have to pull in the clutch like on the ground?:ermm:

yes of coarse you dont want to stall in the air

FasstMidnightZ
04-30-2005, 12:51 PM
as well i never use the break, :ermm:

300extreme#8
04-30-2005, 05:51 PM
hittin the brakes don't always work in teh first place,it depends on how teh quad is balanced it the air ,where ur body is positioned in the sir,and how u move when u hit the brakes in teh air,i don't ever use my fronts brakes but i do use my back brakes quit abit,i liek it b/c i liek to stand up straight over teh quad when it's a at level,and tap my brake to make a perfect landing,plus in most cases i pop teh clutch when i land or right before,teh way i look at it,the brakin teh rear in teh air makes more diff. is ,more momentum comes from it,and when u do it it bounces ur rear shocks quickly and will help pitch u forward or throw ur swing arm back down, if u have huevos 7,watch closely in Jason Luburgh's scene,,he stands directly straight up and teh quad is almost level when he hits teh brakes,and it bounces teh shock and all then it all pitches forward,he performs this perfectly,and that makes his style stand out more for that reason,just my opinion

300extreme#8
04-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
this is when you apply the brakes!
hittin the brakes at that point wouldn't help.. look closely at the body position,legs bent and more to teh rear of the quad,if teh rider was standin up straight ,and his legs not bend ,(straight up), and the waist up bent slightin over teh bar at a small angle u could see how much better of a chance bring the front end down would help;) maybe u can understand what i mean