PDA

View Full Version : I Hate The Nydmv

durs845
04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
So i wet to the dmv this mourning to try to register my ltz 400 , and the kids two kazuma 90cc.come to find out of course i dont have all the information on my 400 seen as how i bought it used from conn. i need the previous owner to get some kind of Q1 form which now i have no way of getting a hold of this person.so thats one bike down off my list.next come to find out that the two (bought new) kazuma's cant be registered due to them not being in their computer listing of makes/machines to register , they also informed me that the certificates of origin for the kazuma's is not printed on acceptable paper.WTF does that mean???but im sure if they ever decide to stop us theyll be writing me a hand full of tickets and impounding all the bikes.i dont intend on breaking the law when i go out but they dont exactly make it easy for you.all i know is everytime i go to the DMV i never get anything accomplished , besides wasting 2+ hours of my time , gas in the truck , and getting myself extremely P-off !

Sorry to keep going on and on im just vexed

Ralph
04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by durs845
So i wet to the dmv this mourning to try to register my ltz 400 , and the kids two kazuma 90cc.come to find out of course i dont have all the information on my 400 seen as how i bought it used from conn. i need the previous owner to get some kind of Q1 form which now i have no way of getting a hold of this person.so thats one bike down off my list.next come to find out that the two (bought new) kazuma's cant be registered due to them not being in their computer listing of makes/machines to register , they also informed me that the certificates of origin for the kazuma's is not printed on acceptable paper.WTF does that mean???but im sure if they ever decide to stop us theyll be writing me a hand full of tickets and impounding all the bikes.i dont intend on breaking the law when i go out but they dont exactly make it easy for you.all i know is everytime i go to the DMV i never get anything accomplished , besides wasting 2+ hours of my time , gas in the truck , and getting myself extremely P-off !

Sorry to keep going on and on im just vexed

NJ DMV is much of the same. The DMV is deffinatly one of my least favorite places...

Regular_Joe
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I have been saving all my business for when I visit my parents. The local DMV is for a town of 200k people. Needless to say its the worst. At my parents its in a town of 5k people. No lines, workers are friendly, and actually help you.

Last year I lost a lein release letter on a motorcycle I wanted to sell. I couldn't get the lein off the title w/o that paper. So of course no one wanted to buy it like that. I tried for weeks to get the info of who the loan belonged to. My mom called her local DMV and had the info in 5 minutes. Since then thats the only one I go to.

stevo3176
04-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Check out this form for the 400 at the DMV website mv-51b. This is how to get it retitled. My friend did it with a trike that he had. I think he had to get the vin check by a police officer and he had to copy the vin on a piece of paper with a pencil. I think there was more to it and he said it was a pain in the butt but he did get issued a title. Hope that helps!