PDA

View Full Version : Looking to squeeze some juice out of the red dragon!

stresy01
04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I recently picked up a 400ex its my first ATV since high school and I was wondering what are the first things I should buy for it, I was looking to get HMF head pipe and muffler, CDI unit / jets. I mostly trail ride and some sand dunes. Thanks!

MichiganMOOSE79
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Fast as fast can be youll never catch me, lol stressy, glad to see get the 400, i know your not scared to ride it, i think that hmf pipe is SWEET looking, i guess the head pipe will make a big diffrence from what ive read, RIDE HARD OR STAY HOME!:devil:

Rappa
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MichiganMOOSE79
Fast as fast can be youll never catch me, lol stressy, glad to see get the 400, i know your not scared to ride it, i think that hmf pipe is SWEET looking, i guess the head pipe will make a big diffrence from what ive read, RIDE HARD OR STAY HOME!:devil:

I heard that changing the head pipe would only make a difference if you put a bigger head on or port and polished...

JimmyHoffa
04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I donno. My FMF hi-flow seemed to produce a noticable increase in power. Even my dirt-biker friend immediately commented on the extra GO when he rode it.

underpowered
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Rappa
I heard that changing the head pipe would only make a difference if you put a bigger head on or port and polished...

you will get more of a gain out of a head pipe on a built motor over a mild or stock one, but you will always see a gain with header on any motor. a header is usually good for top end power, and may actually slighly hurt bottom end but most don't notice