PDA

View Full Version : Choke doesn't work...

Rappa
04-18-2007, 07:58 AM
On all quads, when you apply the choke lever the quad runs at a higher rpm and you can let it warm up on it's own. On my quad I still have to hold the gas while my choke is on to get the quad to warm up. If not, it stalls. It's a 2004 400ex. Any help...

underpowered
04-18-2007, 08:00 AM
put in a 42 pilot jet and kiss the choke goodbye. pump the throttle a few times and it will fire right up.

Eviltanker
04-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah underpowered is right. The choke in a 400EX is pretty worthless.

Ruby Soho
04-18-2007, 08:39 AM
do you put it on full? my choke you put on 3/4 and its fine, full it dies.

my choke almost seems useless, i start it up with the choke off in under a second, starts right up, but it idles just a little low so i put the choke on and let it sit for 5 minutes. then i turn it off and ride around slow for a little, then once thats done i ride it normal

Rappa
04-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
do you put it on full? my choke you put on 3/4 and its fine, full it dies.

my choke almost seems useless, i start it up with the choke off in under a second, starts right up, but it idles just a little low so i put the choke on and let it sit for 5 minutes. then i turn it off and ride around slow for a little, then once thats done i ride it normal

Yes I put it on full and 3/4 but still no good...

sc400ex_rider
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
save yourself alot of hassles and rejet. it is jetted lean for emmisions. i all for saving the plant but if your bike dont work.:scary: :confused: :mad: :grr: :( :ermm: