PDA

View Full Version : Seperating Cases from 250R

u_want_some
04-18-2007, 06:47 AM
I am trying to seperate the 2 motor cases from each other on my 250R...Any suggestions...It seems as if they are stuck together, and yes I have a manual that I have been reading and it says just to pull them apart...Well, that;s not happening!!! Thanks for the help!!

400exrider707
04-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Could be the crank bearings holding the cases together as they are a press fit usually or could just be the paper style honda gaskets. Try wrapping on it all around with a rubber mallet or plastic dead blow hammer.

u_want_some
04-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Well my main worry is that I am going to screw something up on the inside if I start beating on it with a rubber mallet...Is that possible? I have also heard of using a wooden block and doing it that way....Any suggestions,,,,Thanks ^^^^^^^

400exrider707
04-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by u_want_some
Well my main worry is that I am going to screw something up on the inside if I start beating on it with a rubber mallet...Is that possible? I have also heard of using a wooden block and doing it that way....Any suggestions,,,,Thanks ^^^^^^^

I prefer the mallet. I have seen some people try and pry them apart with screwdrivers and I would say thats a big no-no. You chance messing up the seating surfaces of the cases, also bending/cracking the cases. Try hitting it with the mallet a few times, or maybe a few hundred times depending on how long they've been together.

u_want_some
04-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks alot, I will try hitting it with a rubber mallet some and see what happens!!! Also....AS everyone can probaly tell I am a first time motor rebuilder...Is there anything that I should be aware of that is not covered in the Honda Service Manual? Any secret parts or anything at all that I should be concerned with? Thanks for all your help so far, Jason