PDA

View Full Version : 2001 400ex w/440 kit - $2200 - Mechanic Special - OHIO

syoung_2000
04-18-2007, 03:12 AM
I have for sale a 2001 Honda 400ex. I bought it in September 2005. Here's what I was told by the guy I bought it from. This has a 440 kit in it. 12;1 Wiseco Piston -100 over. Rejetted carb and Barnett Clutch.

This quad has maxxis tires, renthal handle bars, and custom nerf bars which are really nice. Has a UNI air filter with an Outerwears airbox lid. All this stuff helps it breathe really good. However, you'd have to get a used snorkel and stock airbox lid if you're riding in a lot of water.

I change the oil in it using oil from Honda made for fourwheelers. I've never been able to verify whether it has the 440 kit in it because I haven't taken it to a mechanic to check it out. However some people I've rode with told me it has more kick than the 400ex's that they've rode.

I can say for sure that it's very fast. Not really for a beginner. It's a lot of fun to ride. I've been married a little over a year and we're looking for a house. That's why it's up for sale. I have a clear title for it.

If you want more pictures I have a couple more. Just give me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

You can reply through this website or call 937-205-8475

UPDATED!!!

The problem is that the cylinder head gasket is leaking now. The oil has to be topped off every few rides with ½ quart of oil. You would need a gasket that goes for $19 on www.bikebandit.com. I have a heavy duty cam chain from Honda to replace whenever the gasket gets replaced as the current chain is stretched out. I was quoted at no more than $400 to replace the gasket, cam chain, and do a full tune up. The tune up isn’t necessary right now, but was given as part of the mechanic’s quote. I still ride the quad with no problems. Aside from it losing a little oil right now, it has always been reliable and currently runs great and is really quick. I’ve been waiting for the extra money to fix, but it‘s not going to happen soon. If you happen to know how to work on these, it would be a $20 fix because I already have the replacement cam chain. If not and you are still interested feel free to bring someone who knows how to work on them. This machine doesn’t smoke at all either. I would take $2200 as it sets now. It can be driven around all day as it is, but the leak would eventually need fixed and the cam chain swapped out.

Clear title is ready to go. I will take cash or PayPal.