PDA

View Full Version : 87 250x no starty

thebrahamkid
04-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Alrighty here we go, i have an 87 250x, it has 12:1 wiesco piston, stage 1 hot cam, ported/polished, yada yada.... but anyways when i wanna start it, it wont go, not even with the choke... but when i push start it down the hill, starts right up, then you can shut it off right away, then start it and itll go.. only seems to start when its hot... plus when im riding full throttle, and let off it back fires then bogs down when i try to go again, gotta feather it back... is this the cause of to big of jetting where it floods itself out? or.....

Thanks-A-Ton!!!!

Ryan:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dork
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
if it starts better warm than cold, its probably lean on the pilot jet and or fuel screw. try turning the fuel screw out in 1/2 turns when you start it cold. is the plug wet after you use the choke? also if its jetted right it shouldn;t wan't any throttle when you kick it it. holding the throttle open when you kick is a good way to make it kick back and break idler gears etc. what weight oil is in it, thicker oils are harder to start cold. does it have good compression? just things to think about. do you have the stock carb, if you do then it has a accelerator pump and a few pumps of the throttle can help cold before kicking. also don't stab at the kicker like a 2 stroke, find tdc, go just past it then give it a full kick with no throttle.