PDA

View Full Version : Got a DUI last night

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Well I left the Police station for work at 9:00pm and i had work until 5:00am and around 2:35 am i drove by a local bar as everyone was leaving i decided that i would just sit and watch a stop sign that is very well known for people to just drive through without stopping. About 5 mins after i set up there here comes a car right through it. So i put on my light and pulled out after the guy. After a 15 min chase at 35 mph the guy pulled into his driveway and got out i had 2 back up cars for back up i said over the PA system for the man to get back into his car and i walked up to him and asked him why he didnt stop and why he was crossing the yellow line back and forth. He states to me "i didnt see you behind me i didnt even see your lights flashing" i was like ok and the smell of his beath you could just tell he was loaded then he said i was crossing the line because i dont have and valve caps on the right side of my car and that was causing me to cross the line. I was like ok will you do a pbt and fst and he said yes it turned up he blew a 2.0 in the pbt and when i had him stand on his one leg he fell right over. All in all he ended up being arrested for dui and wreckless endangerment and to think theres kids on here that want the drinking age limit lowered. Sorry for the long post i just thought i would share some of my experiences with you guys.

esr250r86
04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
yeah, Drinking and driving is definitely not the smartest thing to do. I think the drinking age is perfect right now and should stay how it is.

MOFO
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
and he said yes it turned up he blew a 2.0 in the pbt

If he really blew a 2.0, he would have been dead already. I think your decimal point is off...

Ryan
04-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, it has to be .20 . Thats what I blew.
The highest I've ever heard of blowing was about a .66

Whether they change the drinking age or not, underage drinkers are still gonna get it and go out driving. I think there should be more awareness about it in schools, and the consequences. I know first hand about the actions taking from getting a dwi. I got 2 of them in a months period and it basically put my life on hold, with probation for 5 years. I never thought about how serious it really was.

Alchohol may be legal at a certain age, but in my experiences with drugs, it is just as dangerous as the class A drugs, as far as getting your *** in trouble. You might say, I won't drink and drive..... Then get a few in you, say, "Im fine to drive." When your really wasted off your ***, go out driving, hit a little kid, kill them, and spend the rest of your life in prision. Or getting in that drunk state of mind, and start thinking you can kick anybodys ***.

It suprises me how they keep it legal, when smoking a joint, which mellows you out, makes you eat and watch tv, is illegal. Doesn't matter for me anymore, I don't touch anything.

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
If he really blew a 2.0, he would have been dead already. I think your decimal point is off...

yeah my mistake he blew a .20

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 05:51 PM
yeah not even a week ago ther was a really bad car accident on rt 6 in carbondale pa. a 21 year old kid in a srt 4 hit a guy that was broken down doing 140mph needless to say the guy in the other car got killed and the passanger in the srt4 got life flighted to the hospital and the driver walked away with 14 stiches you might be able to find the pictures if you go to news watch 16 web sight it was a pretty nasty sight the kid that was driving lives right down the road from me he just got out of jail and alcohol rehab and then 2 weeks later he kills someone never the less he is now being charged with homicide by motor vehicle

Aceman
04-17-2007, 05:53 PM
yeah my mistake he blew a .20

What do they expect, you're a police officer, not a math teacher! J/K:D

Good job catching that guy, DUI's are one crime I can't stand. To many innocent people are killed because one person is a dumb@ss behind the wheel. I hope the system sticks it to him, drunk drivers deserve every bit of punishment they get.

honda400ex68b
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
glad you caught someone, get more if you can. i still cant see the sense in going out to the bar, getting drunk, and driving home. you can get dui, wreck and kill somebody, or yourself, ruin somebody else's life just because you wanted to get drunk. why can they do it at home? the only one you can hurt,( unless your a violent drunk?) is yourself at home, and the beer is cheaper by the case. just my 2 cents.

Tommy 17
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
wait a min... they actually let u become a cop???:confused: what has this world come to haha:blah:

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 07:38 PM
haha funny tommy how your crim record doin these days you haven't gotten any speeding tickets on the 50 yet have you

czrider263
04-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I just don't like how you can die for your country at 18 but can't drink. Even though i hate any sort of drinking i think that is wrong.

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Underage drinking is like anything else kids only do it because the law says you cant

troyleepred719
04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I think that they should raise the age of people drinking at the same point in which the maturity level of those who want to drink goes up. Nothings worse that an 18 year old mentioning every other word tat he needs a beer. Or the teenager that killed his friends, sitting in the ditch crying saying, I thought i could handle my beer, as we pull the deformed bodies of his "friends" out of the field next to him. Im not big on drinking, but i have nothing against ppl that want to drink. All I have to say, is if your going to do it, Stay home, or wherever you are partying.

and yamaha, thanks for protecting my family, and my future.

Tommy 17
04-17-2007, 08:03 PM
haha funny tommy how your crim record doin these days you haven't gotten any speeding tickets on the 50 yet have you

crim record is perfectly clean!!!! so far haha

i've upgraded the 50 to a cbr600rr haha... it goes a lil faster

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
I think that they should raise the age of people drinking at the same point in which the maturity level of those who want to drink goes up. Nothings worse that an 18 year old mentioning every other word tat he needs a beer. Or the teenager that killed his friends, sitting in the ditch crying saying, I thought i could handle my beer, as we pull the deformed bodies of his "friends" out of the field next to him. Im not big on drinking, but i have nothing against ppl that want to drink. All I have to say, is if your going to do it, Stay home, or wherever you are partying.

and yamaha, thanks for protecting my family, and my future.

hey thanks its good to see that someone appreciates cops we dont normally get that its normally more like damn pigs

hey tommy be safe on that i love to ride rockets with my friends but ive seen too many of them get killed also

short story for crotch rockets i had to respond to a call with a kid on an r1 he hit the guard rail doing 120mph and his head was 40 yards down the road still in his helmet

1fst400
04-17-2007, 08:26 PM

short story for crotch rockets i had to respond to a call with a kid on an r1 he hit the guard rail doing 120mph and his head was 40 yards down the road still in his helmet

Ha, he was only in 3rd gear probably :blah:. Kid at my school showed up one day with an r1, claimed it would do 100mph in 2nd gear if he revved the pisser of it. BS???? I dono, never ridden one.

So do you pull the super troopers pranks on ppl? littering and,, littering and

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 08:29 PM
no i try not to dick around to much every now and then when i get out of the car for the night ill sick some cat fish dip in it so it smeels for the next officer but i have to watch out whos comin in after me so i dont piss off the chief

Tommy 17
04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
that R1 will probably do 100mph in 1st gear... my 600rr does 82 in 1st... and well over 100 in 2nd...

are u in the state police or a local town cop? let me know where ur at and if ur up for a high speed chase;) :blah:

coolex
04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
like mentioned before u should pull over as many as u can, thanks for stoping them and potentialy killing some one

coolex
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
drunk drivers that is, and leave people who cut through parkign lots alone lol ( i got pulled over for cutting through a gas station)

1fst400
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
mabie he did say 1st gear it would do 100mph. It was when I was a freshman, so that would be 3 years ago. so its hard to remember.

Either way, I wish quads had that much power.

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
no im up in scranton im trying to get into the state police it will happen just give it time

yeah im always up for a DUI its fun becuase you never know what your gonna get theres all different kinds of drunk one guy i got i had to spray with the oc spray and the guy fell over and litterally sh)t his pants lets just sy i didnt transport that one

coolguy8769
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
no im up in scranton im trying to get into the state police it will happen just give it time

yeah im always up for a DUI its fun becuase you never know what your gonna get theres all different kinds of drunk one guy i got i had to spray with the oc spray and the guy fell over and litterally sh)t his pants lets just sy i didnt transport that one

lmao i'd call the bus for that one....

so how far you pushed your crown vic? the other night i was at a a stop light at around midnight and this cop pulls up next to me and asks if i wanna race, i am not ****tin with you, i kinda did a double take and was like what....

i said no not knowin if it was a trick but when the light turned green he did a brake stand and took off, me and my buddy just looked at each other and were like no f'in way

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 08:50 PM
i dont normally take out the crown vics we have 2 dodge chargers and i always try to get one of them i had one on the highway one night and i dont want to say anything that would get me into trouble but lets just say the speedo goes up to 160 and they get goin pretty damn fast and one other thing if you put your foot to the floor i dont know why but the back tires start to smoke and also they are low enough that you cant take an exit ramp at 60 and its like your stuck to the ground

400eXr1d3rZ
04-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Since you're a cop, I have to ask you this question...why is marijuana illegal?

mephyst
04-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Ha. Yea. 100mph in 2nd gear on a streetbike is nothing.

I think the drinking age is fine where it is. I am 18 and drink regularly on the weekends and have been since I was 15. What kids don't? I still live at home. My parents know that I drink every weekend and party hard. I have an awesome job and am in college full time getting a 3.5GPA.

I would never think about getting behind the wheel if I was totally loaded, therefore I always have a designated driver. I wish they would change the law back to how it used to be when my dad grew up. The drinking age was 21, but no one could get a DUI if you weren't over .08, regardless of your age. I mean, it's the choice I make but I hate the fact that if I have a single beer that I am technically up for getting a DUI with a .01 blood/alcohol content. I guess that is their way of saying that if you aren't 21 you aren't supposed to drink whatsoever. :p

What is the difference between a 21 year old and a 20 year old having, lets say, a .04 blood/alcohol content in their driving capabilities? They blew the same, yet it is considered unsafe for the 20 year old to drive and perfectly legal for the 21 year old. Whatever. They shouldn't let anyone drink and drive whatsoever if they really want to lower deaths on the road.

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
They shouldn't let anyone drink and drive whatsoever if they really want to lower deaths on the road.

i agree with that it would help out alot but with the whole weed thing i dunno it does the samething to an extent as alcohol but i dunno dont do it dont want to do it

JOEX
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Since you're a cop, I have to ask you this question...why is marijuana illegal?
That's a question for your legislators...

mephyst
04-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't know why marijuana is illegal, but if you want to know why it is illegal to drive while high, the reason is because it slows your reaction time.

Alright guys, I'm off to the Mexican restaurant for Taco Tuesday and some drinks, but don't worry my brother is driving me! :p

coolguy8769
04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
That's a question for your legislators...

yea i was gonna say, he doesnt write the laws he just has to enforce them. this is where many people misunderstand when they get pulled over or ect. they think the cops write the laws and like to chew em out, we have quite a few family friends that are cops

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah drugs are def dumb i dont know why to do something that makes you more dumb then you already are

400eXr1d3rZ
04-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
yea i was gonna say, he doesnt write the laws he just has to enforce them. this is where many people misunderstand when they get pulled over or ect. they think the cops write the laws and like to chew em out, we have quite a few family friends that are cops

He should atleast understand why he has to enforce them, not just because it's the law, but the effect/problem of marijuana.

04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
For a grown *** man, you sure do have horrible grammar.

SGA
04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Good job catching that guy, DUI's are one crime I can't stand. To many innocent people are killed because one person is a dumb@ss behind the wheel. I hope the system sticks it to him, drunk drivers deserve every bit of punishment they get.
I agree 100%.
Ive been behind people weaving dangerously, called 911 and the police stopped them down the road a bit.
I'd like to think I maybe saved a life, maybe yours thats reading this right now.

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah its nice when we get tips from normal everyday people it helps us out alot im lucky i only had one that wanted to fight me so far most officers in scranton have been in alot more fight with people over dui's then i have most of them just go along with it and are like yeah ok you got me lets go get arrested

SGA
04-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Always glad to help and I sleep better knowing you guys are out there keeping the peace. Most cops I know are nice, theres a few that are jerks, but you get that with with people in general, no matter what they do for a living.

Speaking of DUI's
Last night about 2:30 I wake up to alot of noise out front of the house. The police had stopped some guy for DUI and hes hollering "Please dont take me to jail!" over and over. He failed by the way and was cuffed and hauled away.

I about opened the front door and hollered out, Take him to jail or dont, just shut him up! Im trying to sleep!
Haha, not really but I thought it! :D

TCracin440ex
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
i dont agree with underaged drinking, but i know people are going to do it anyways...so whenever i know my buddys are goin to go out drinking and driving im most likely gonna be the DD...id rather waste a lil gas and make sure they are safe...instead of have to go to a funeral....i do not drink and drive i do go to alot of partys and if i know for sure i dont have a DD i do not touch a drop of anything...

funny thing is my buddy wrecked his yamaha R1 friday night had been drinking and got on it without a helmet and hes still in the hospital right now...tore him up pretty bad...theyve got him in a body cast...i was one of the first ones on the scene...it scared me...his head was gashed really bad...and he was laying in blood...

gbcap
04-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by czrider263
I just don't like how you can die for your country at 18 but can't drink. Even though i hate any sort of drinking i think that is wrong.

actually you CAN drink when you are 18 on a military base. the law is the law and it isn't going to change. but if they lowered the age i think the problems would slow down for sure. alot of kids drink just because they feel like they are getting away with something. i know my drinking has slowed considerably since i turned 21. and i think i am alot more responsible about it. one, i don't want to feel like crap in the morning anymore and two i think my age made me realize it isn't as fun as it used to be.

c450Razy
04-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I thought it was PA law that police couldn`t sit around a bar and wait for people to leave?

But eathier way thanks for keeping good people safe and dumb asses in jail!

whiteboycustom
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
u CANNOT drink on a military base at 18 legally, the military base follows the law of the state it is in, i was at ft hood so 21 was the legal age to drink, i was also military police so i had to inforce the laws on base, u would be surprised with how much the mp's are called because someone is drunk and causing problems, i have a dui under my belt, ive been on patrol when they had a "all patrols" call to one of the places on post where people go to drink, they called it the "fight dome", its sad they are all soldiers but yet think they are back in the hood and have no respect for all teh other soldiers, on a side note military frowns on underage drinking and drinking and driving

Regular_Joe
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Any new 1000cc supersport bike can do about 100mph at redline in 1st gear. They can also power wheelie anywhere under 100mph in 1st-3rd pretty easily. The gear ratios are super close and each gives you another 20-15 mph in speed.

mephyst
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
I have a good friend stationed at Laughlin Air Force Base and it is legal for 18 year olds to drink there. I am not exactly sure what the law is then because no state allows under the age of 21 to drink. So if they are following state laws I think that's out of the question and it might be something decided per base.

Villageidiott23
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
hes got his quottas to fill. so when it suits his needs he will sit at a bar and follow people to pull them over.

whiteboycustom
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
In the "old days" anyone on active duty could consume alcohol on military installations, regardless of the legal drinking age off-base.
However, in the mid-80s, advocacy groups, such as MADD (Mothers Against Drunken Drivers) lobbied Congress to change this. Federal law (United States Code, Title 10, Section 2683) requires military installation commanders to adopt the same drinking age as the state the military base is located in. The only exception to this rule is if the base is located within 50 miles of Canada or Mexico, or a state with a lower drinking age, the installation commander may adopt the lower drinking age for military personnel on base.

This law is also codified in DoD Instruction 1015.10, which states:

The minimum drinking age on a DoD installation located in a State (including the District of Columbia) shall be consistent with the age established by the law of that State as the State minimum drinking age. Minimum drinking age means the minimum age established for persons who may purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages.

In the case of a DoD installation located in more than one State or in one State but within 50 miles of another State or Mexico or Canada, the minimum drinking age on that DoD installation shall be the lowest applicable age of the State in which the DoD installation is located or the State or jurisdiction of Mexico or Canada that is within 50 miles of such DoD installation.

The minimum drinking age on a DoD installation located outside the United States shall be 18 years of age. Higher minimum drinking age will be based on international treaties and agreements and on the local situation as determined by the local installation commander.

The commander of a DoD installation may waive the above requirements, if such commander determines that the exemption is justified by special circumstances. Special circumstances are those infrequent, non-routine military occasions when an entire unit, as a group, marks at a military installation a uniquely military occasion such as the conclusion of arduous military duty or the anniversary of the establishment of a military service or organization. The event must be held on a military installation. The commander shall ensure that appropriate controls are in place to prevent endangering Military Service members or the surrounding community.

Note: With respect to the "special circumstances" rule, I should point out that all of the services require the installation commander to get special permission from their respective service headquarters in order to lower the drinking age for these special events. For example, if an Air Force Installation Commander wanted to lower the drinking age requirement for a party to celebrate the Air Force's "Birthday," he or she would need permission of the office of the Air Force Chief of Staff. Because a commander would be literally "sticking their neck out," (in case something happens), in my experience, such permission is almost never requested.

Jblazin98
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Villageidiott23
hes got his quottas to fill. so when it suits his needs he will sit at a bar and follow people to pull them over.

There are NO such things as quotas in Police work..Trust me..

yamaha250f i see you were talking about OC, do you guys have tasers yet...In my opinon they are one of the greatest thing in a Police Officers bag of tricks..

I have only gotten to use it on one person, but i have pulled it out numerous times...as soon as they see it they will do whatever you ask them to do cause believe me it hurts like hell..

DUI's are one of my favorite thing to do in law enforcement. They are not only endangering themselves by driving on the road all smashed, but also the lifes of others..

Everyone that says that a DUI is just a victimless crime or they dont know why the police enforce it so much are just crazy...

Try goin to a wreck where a mother and her two little boys were killed by a DUI driver and he doesnt even have a scratch on him...It will change your opinon real fast..

By the way the most drunk i have ever had anyone was a .35 and he was acting completely normal..Seasoned drinker

whiteboycustom
04-18-2007, 01:23 PM
i got certified on the taser, so ive been tasered, its not so much of a hurt but it does feel wierd to lose all control of ur body and u cant breathe and u only squeel when u try to scream, yea they are great alot better then when i was certified on oc spray, boy did that suck, sad part of it all i never got to use either of them because we got the taser in iraq but we kept that to more hands on, we sprayed one iraqi and well some higher chain of command people didnt like that so we kept the hand to hand combat for force

SGA
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I thought it was PA law that police couldn`t sit around a bar and wait for people to leave?

But either way thanks for keeping good people safe and dumb asses in jail!
I have no problem with the police sitting outside of bars.
As youre going in to party, its a good visual deterrant to drinking too much and driving, it helps stops fights outside, plus what would it matter if they are there watching if you're ok to drive?

yamaha250f
04-20-2007, 09:03 PM
On a technicality i wasnt sitting outside the bar waiting i was a block down the road watching a stop sign. Im not certified with a taser we just dont use them up here in PA.

Jblazin98
04-20-2007, 09:10 PM
On a technicality i wasnt sitting outside the bar waiting i was a block down the road watching a stop sign. Im not certified with a taser we just dont use them up here in PA.

I work in PA too....They are the greatest thing ever...but like i said, they suck to get hit with...

yamaha250f
04-20-2007, 09:15 PM
yeah we just dont get to play with them in our area oc sucked to get hit with burns like hell i swear its like liquid fire and when its on your skin it feel like you have the worst sun burn ever

CRich[814]
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
1) sportbikes are fast.

2) i love the show COPS and when they taser retards.

3)Occupation: Well I Do Work But I Dont Do Anything There
hahaha.

TXATVRIDER
04-21-2007, 01:43 AM
You should hear the stories from Texas cops....That's why i just have people over and drink at the house, i'm done with all that going out and being immature.

bulkdriverlp
04-21-2007, 05:00 AM
good job for catching the drunk. was one myself years ago. stupidest thing i ever did. the laws here in mi are so pathetic that you can have 3 or more offences and still be driving around. the "system" is very laxed around here. prisons are overcrowded so the "non-violent" criminals are getting out early. the county jail is been over capacity for a few years now.

i think 4.0 is legally dead. i knew a guy who almost blew that, broke the state police record books. he had been drinking 3 fifths a day for 30 years, can you say tolerance ?

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 09:05 AM
yeah texas cops dont really care i heard some stories from a friend that lived there he said they have their gun out befor they even get out of a car on a traffic stop.

yamaha250f
04-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

i think 4.0 is legally dead. i knew a guy who almost blew that, broke the state police record books. he had been drinking 3 fifths a day for 30 years, can you say tolerance ?

yeah 4.0 is dead theres alot of people whos has died from alot less