PDA

View Full Version : KTM 450 Quad

Z-Rider86
04-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Rumor has it that KTM is in the process of making it's first quad and they are stuffing their 450 motors in them. Anyone else heard bout this?

the fat kid
04-17-2007, 08:19 PM
yeah but not much when i was lookin into getting an outlaw 525 the salesman mentioned it to me and i might have read in a magazine that depending on hwo the outlaws do then ktm will be in the quad market,,. i hope it works out for them.

jonboy
04-18-2007, 05:29 AM
IMO, they went with a partnership with the wrong company. The Polaris's arent too great with there sport quads. Not many people I know around my neck of the woods likes Polaris's though. If they had went with Honda,Suzuki,or Kawasaki they might have better sales. Strictly due to there sport quad and sales reputation. But who am I to say wether or not this is the case this is just my opinion.

crazyquader
04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Its true, and soon you guys will have it there too..

Its comming out here in portugal this summer.

KTM designed the entire thing.

engine, frame and plastics.

engine is a 450 and a 620.

brutal machine.

dont know if you guys had the oportunity to see one of those, asa i can, i will post pics of the machine it self.

snacob14
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
the local polaris shop said they and ktm had a falling out and are no longer producing 525's

Titanium
04-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Quick question...why's this in the kfx400 part of the site. Lets try the open forum.

Z-Rider86
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Quick question...why's this in the kfx400 part of the site. Lets try the open forum.

If you wanna cry i'm sure there is a site for that. I was asking anyone with a Z/KFX if they'd heard any news. Obviously people in this forum care or they wouldn't have responded.

Sandgod4
04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by snacob14
the local polaris shop said they and ktm had a falling out and are no longer producing 525's

Two mega companies like these sign very detailed contracts. Your being lied to..

DOHC
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by jonboy
IMO, they went with a partnership with the wrong company. The Polaris's arent too great with there sport quads. Not many people I know around my neck of the woods likes Polaris's though. If they had went with Honda,Suzuki,or Kawasaki they might have better sales. Strictly due to there sport quad and sales reputation. But who am I to say wether or not this is the case this is just my opinion.
I know alot of people dont like them, like u and ur buddies but i think they make a great quad. I know scramblers arnt sport quads but my scrambler and my dads scramblers havnt had probelms ever (mines a 2000 and his is a 2005)

Z-Rider86
04-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Scramblers are a considered sport utility. They are for people who want a utility quad with a sporty feel. My friend bought my old 400 scrambler put a pipe,silencer,clutch kit, carbon fiber reeds, and reed spacer on it and now it will run neck and neck with my KFX in a drag race. Sounds horrible he can do that, but the 400 scramblers can be built to move.

TheNewn
04-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Just imagine if Cannondale had teamed up with KTM to produce a quad, instead of Cannondale having done the engine themselves.

If Cannondale had stuck to what they do best, welding aluminum together for a frame, and had KTM stick to what they did best, awsome motors. That would have been a very well selling quad.

the fat kid
04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by my88r
they make a great quad but there sport quads dont match up to the other sport quads

what are you talkin about most of the people i know that have ridden raptors and predators say the predator is like riding a raptor with way better suspension and better accelleration, they come with fox adjustable racing shocks and its a five hundred cc motor the only thing not to like is the plastics which is 90 percent of what people complain about, man those are ugly,,, idk thats what i hear anyways.

the fat kid
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
im not educated on mx but you cant judge the quality of a quad based on if you can race mx with it or not. and second i beleieve there is an open class correct, and third, isint there a pro rider that rides a outlaw? i thought i read that somewhere

the fat kid
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by my88r
they make a great quad but there sport quads dont match up to the other sport quads

i could care less what you prefer im just saying you cant say a quad sux because you cant race mx with it, thats all

the fat kid
04-21-2007, 08:30 AM
i guess well agree to disagree