PDA

View Full Version : rear linkage

yotacrawler4
04-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Was wondering if i were to buy an aftermarket rear linkage say from elka or someone like that would it work with the stock rear shock? Got an 06 450er, all that race stuff just not suspension yet. thanks for the help

JW450R1
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't think so.Go dual linkageand a rear shock it's awesome

bradley300
04-18-2007, 06:03 AM
the gt thunder linkage will work with a stock rear shock. it will need revalved, but you wont have to buy a completly new shock

yotacrawler4
04-18-2007, 07:57 AM
where could i get that gt thunder linkage, are the known for being decent, and were do i get shocks revalved, what kinda revalving do i need to do?? thanks for the help

400exrider707
04-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by yotacrawler4
where could i get that gt thunder linkage, are the known for being decent, and were do i get shocks revalved, what kinda revalving do i need to do?? thanks for the help

I would just go ahead and take your rear shock off... send it to GT Thunder and explain to him what you want done... then when it gets shipped back to you, you ride it with a huge grin on your face! Send the fronts too, if you haven't done anything with the front end yet either.

www.gtthunder.com

Here is some info for you to read...

http://www.gtthunder.com/450R.htm

d3ktrix
04-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
send it to GT Thunder and explain to him what you want done... then when it gets shipped back to you, you ride it with a huge grin on your face!

Ain't that the truth.
The first time I hit a set of woops with my rear GTT setup I was literately SCREAMING WITH JOY.
No lie.

400exrider707
04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Ain't that the truth.
The first time I hit a set of woops with my rear GTT setup I was literately SCREAMING WITH JOY.
No lie.

The first time I rode on mine was in a race... I overshot a table that I normally dont hit, thinking I would try them out, and flat landed, I was cringing waiting for that hard hit, but it never came.... it was butter smoooth.

yotacrawler4
04-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys that gtt is exactly what im looking for, cause i have heard alot of people revalving there rear shock from some company and i never new who, thanks is pretty damn cheap to send your shock have them revalve it and buy there linkage im pumped sending it out in a few days,

d3ktrix
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
The first time I rode on mine was in a race... I overshot a table that I normally dont hit, thinking I would try them out, and flat landed, I was cringing waiting for that hard hit, but it never came.... it was butter smoooth.

Ya I did one of those too when I first got my LT front end.
I jumped off an 8" foot cliff in a pit for some spastic reason to flat ground.
As I was in the air I was like oh great guna eat bar pad, but I landed super smooth. lol

yotacrawler4
04-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Are they as good at the front shocks with aftermarket a arms as they are with doing the rear??

bradley300
04-18-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah, they do just as good of a job valving front shocks!

1fst400
04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
First time I rode with half diecent shocks I was like, "no wonder all them other guys are so fast"

yotacrawler4
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
so what i should do is get the rear shock revalved for MX racing and there linkage, then get an a-arm kit what either LT or just widened arms? and have the fronts revalved also????

esr250r86
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I am going to get my rear shock revalved and get the gt thunder mx link once I can get some cash. As for your front end, If you are going to get long travel a arms you are going to need long travel shocks, your stock shocks arent going to be long enough for long travel. But to keep your stock shocks buy a set of +2 a arms that are standard travel and then just revalve your front shocks to make it a better ride. I just have a standard travel front end with +2 a arms on my trx450r and it works good until I can get lt.