PDA

View Full Version : Rehauling water pump

NJD
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Just got all the parts in the mail and I'm ready to rehaul the water pump. Problem is, that I can't find decent instructions that include a diagram or pictures. I read the service manual but the diagram also is misleading.

Fisrt of all the diagram on the service manual shows the bearbing as being the only part tha goes on the inside of the case cover, yet a few pages later in implies that the seal that comes with the mechanical seal should be installed from the inner side of the case, that confused the crap out of me.

I'm capable of doing the job but I need detailed instructions and if possible a diagram or pics. Also which side of the seals faces where, that's also confusing.

If anyone can provide detailed info it will be greatly appreciated.

blb515
04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
have you read the "sticky" at the top of this forum?

NJD
04-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by blb515
have you read the "sticky" at the top of this forum?

Yes I have. I'm in search of step by step details and pics or diagrams that will completely erase any doubts.

The sticky at the top of this forum is excellent however it leaves some doubts. Pics and diagrams would surely erase those doubts. For example which direction do the seals face, there is an open side and a solid side, also there is a main seal, and another seal which is part of the mechanical seal kit, where do these go? Which part goes in first, the bearing or one of the seals, etc....

NJD
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
The reason I'm looking for more precise info is because I don't want to go through the trouble of installing everything putting it back together drive 1 hr and have to stop riding halfway through my session because of a leak.

If someone has already gone through the process and can help, it would be greatly appreciated, once I do this once I will remember it next time.
Thanks

NJD
04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Anyone?????