PDA

View Full Version : 300ex too lean?

brettg
04-17-2007, 01:30 PM
i just ordered a dynojet kit from rocky mountain becuase i wanted to rejet my 300ex after i installed my wjhite bros's e-series n k&n filter. i followed dj's instructions and installed the 118 main jet.
However i stupoidly forgot to install the dj needle. i started the bike n it ran terrible. its way too lean. here's the problem i was look at the stock main jet and its a 122. im confused on whether i shood up from a 118 to a 120 or i shood put in a one 122 like he stock size. question 1: is why is it that the stock main jet is a 122 and the dynojet set up for my elevation and apllication is a 118----seems way to lean and it is..... also......i am not sure how to set the clip on the needle. i live in the north shore and the elevation around here is pretty low. and is it hard to get at the needle and change it. any help or suggestions will work....thanks.........

jambell13
04-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Dynojet uses different numbers to represent their sizes than keihin does. So a 118 dynojet is actually a larger jet than the 122 stock jet. Heres a link to a conversion table <http://www.atvnation.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=59>.

Setting the needle isn't that tricky, the hardest part is putting the slide back in and getting the spring on. I believe it tell
s you to set the clip 2 or 3 notches up i don't remember i ll take a look at mine and let ya know if you dont figure it out.

brettg
04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
alright i was a little confused at first.........dont bother checking your needle setting becuz i live in mass and i tinhk it says u live in michigan so the clip height will b off due to elevation....... but thanks for your help.....1 more thing..is there any sort of trikc to removing the slide and accesing the needle and reversing the action to reinstall the slide........thanks