PDA

View Full Version : exhaust wrap

cowboytuna
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone has used exhaust wrap, and how well they liked it. The header pipe on my 300ex always turns back to brown, and i was thinking this could be a solution.:confused:

esr250r86
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
It works pretty good. It just dissipates the heat a little better and you cant see your brown header pipe.

clubert
04-18-2007, 06:34 AM
there are a few pretty good threads about this already, i'd try searching for "exhaust wrap". The general consensus is that it works pretty well, and looks pretty good, but unless you do a very careful job of prepping your exhaust, it can lead to moisture getting trapped under it and cause the exhaust to rust out very fast.

and, it doesn't dissipate heat better, it just insulates the pipe, keeping all of the heat inside.

400exrider707
04-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by clubert
there are a few pretty good threads about this already, i'd try searching for "exhaust wrap". The general consensus is that it works pretty well, and looks pretty good, but unless you do a very careful job of prepping your exhaust, it can lead to moisture getting trapped under it and cause the exhaust to rust out very fast.

and, it doesn't dissipate heat better, it just insulates the pipe, keeping all of the heat inside.

exactly what he said. I dont think it matters how well you prep your headpipe, it will eventually rot away just from moisture being trapped underneath from washing/cleaning your quad and from riding in moisture rich conditions... like riding through puddles.