PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Dunes Camp Sites

nevadanotch
04-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm thinking of taking a week off and heading to the Oregon Dunes. After looking at all of the sites and opinions in the forums, it's a place I have to go ride! I'm from Carson City Nevada and the only dune in the area is Sand Mountain outside of Fallon Nevada and I'm looking for someplace different to ride.
Anyway, I am looking for a good campground to stay at with access to the dunes. I will be dragging my 18' travel trailer with the quads in the bed of the truck. Don't have a four wheel drive truck so camping in the deep sand is out of the question. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good campground?

Thanks ahead of time!

JOEX
04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Driftwood II, south of Florence or Horsfall in Coos Bay.

http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/odnraarea.html

Duckboy23
04-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Try Half Moon Bay Campground at Winchester Bay. Its right across the street from the dunes so you don't have to park on the sand. And in my opinion they are the best set of dunes down there.

baseballplaya23
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Discovery Point in winchester Bay. Has full rv hookups showers eveyrthing and its right on the dunes

rodknee
05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
The myrtle wood factory in North Bend has lots of places. Almost never full. They have 80+ sites we will be there this weekend, mothers day!