PDA

View Full Version : what should I do next

LTZ400ryder
04-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi guys I bought a 2003 Z400 as my first quad from my cousin in january and I was wondering what you think I should do to it as far as upgrades.

so far I have DG nerf's and pro circuit T-4 slip on and it is jetted, w/airbox lid removed. I also just put Kenda Knarly Tires on the rear,waiting a couple weeks before getting the fronts. Just looking to jazz it up a little maybe a little extra power, hehe, like it don't have enough already, and something for some looks.

Any input would be much appreciated, Thanx

04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
i'd say full dg fat series skids and maybe a front bumper, also could do an air filter if u don't have one yet. that will cost around 600-650 w/ shipping.

my88r
04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
k&n air filter and no airbox lid wakes it up more the motor is pretty slow stock. god set of bars and handgrauds

the fat kid
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
how about ride it... idk ride it till you get used to it and then upgrade.

LTZ400ryder
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
hey guys thanks for the idea's, the airbox lid is removed already by the way.

jonboy
04-18-2007, 05:18 AM
I say that you need to get used to it also. When you do the DRZe kit is great I love the power delivery I got from it. Also maybe a 13t front sprocket, if you do a lot of trail riding.

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Bumper, skids, graphics kits, handel bars, shocks so it rides liek a caddy, rims.........list goes on and on

JAYKNIGHT
04-18-2007, 06:31 AM
unless you are riding hard on very rocky trails i wouldnt do full skids just the swinger skid is fine the others will just make the bike heaver an thus slower,13tooth front sprocket gives good tourq down low but does take away from top speed(only 5-6mph) and idk what tires you have but a good set of tires like razer2's make a big jump in handling over stock. when the bike handles better you go faster after all that i say since it is your first bike ride a while and get used to the power it does have and then go from there, the z is not the fastest quad on the block but it is still more than enough to get you in trouble. and depending on what shocks you have on it, tuning them to meet your riding style and weight will realy increase how fast you can go so change the front s out for a set of 05 z's or 450r's

TheNewn
04-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Personally i'm all for the full skids, including the A-arms. I kinda ride in a rocky ish area, but i think its a good idea in general. Better safe (and slightly heavier) then sorry (and out more money).

Like if you were to jump and bottom out, the frame may skid the ground and flatten out the bottom of the frame.

Other than that, nice tires/rims would be next on my list...