View Full Version : Help

jimmy7120
04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I have a 400ex and the other day I went to start it and there was a ticking noise, but just once. I checked the fuse next to the battery and it looked okay, but changed it with the replacement fuse. The neutral light came back on and I tried starting it again, but there was that same tick, and then the neutral light shut off.

Since I have changed the fuse again, but the neutral light will not come back on. I have checked my grounds and wires, but have found nothing wrong.

Where would you guys look next for this problem. When I turn the key nothing happens not even the neutral light turning on.

It is in neutral and I just changed the battery today as well because the other was old and hoping that was the problem.

Thanks for any help.
Jimmy

04exking
04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Does it crank even though the light doesn't turn on?

jimmy7120
04-16-2007, 11:53 PM
nope. I hit the start button and nothing happens at all.

04exking
04-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Have you tried to push start it to completely make sure that nothing is wrong with your battery, connections, etc. If it still doesn't start I would run through your wire harness and make sure that all of your connection are strong. Or if it doesn't start after that check your switch maybe it is not doing its job and may need a new one. Just my .02

jimmy7120
04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I will try to push start it tonight and see how that works. I think I am going to have to test all the electrical parts with one of those electricity meter things, not sure what they are called, but I was looking through the manual and it shows about 5 or 6 parts to check. I will post if I figure out what it is.
Thanks for the replies so far.
Jimmy

skull2002
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
sometimes the fuse holder itself fills up with so much crud itself.i cut the wires and removed mine, bypassing fuses straight to solenoid. works fine now.

<DRS>GPF
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
perhaps a bad battery..

i just replaced my battery. it showed 12.6vdc sitting and drew no amperes from a charger.
when i hit the starter, the voltage dropped to a little over 10volts..

i suspect a cell failed and the 12.6vdc was just "surface voltage" the internal junction(s) mustve became a high resistance connection which would explain why the charger didnt show a higher current draw..

jimmy7120
04-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I replaced the battery and still nothing happens. Is there a way I can bypass the fuse just to test to see if that is problem before removing the fuse permanently?
thanks
jimmy