PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Fan Question

aabrown06
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I have had my Kfx for 2 weeks now, and i have not seen the fan run on it. I do not know if i am not getting it hot enough, or what, but i have rode it hard prolly 4-5 times since have had it and the fan has not run. Will the fan run while the bike is in motion, or does it run while stopped. Thanks for your help.

chipworkz
04-17-2007, 12:15 AM
It will run when not moving or going slow on a trail. Just idling mine will turn on after awhile. It also comes on when going up hill on a trail while not moving very fast. It may depend on the air temp. If it is cold enough the engine may not be getting hot enough to kick on the fan. It was in the 70's to 80's when mine was coming on.

topdollr
04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I read somewhere to check the fuse for the fan. It may have blown, let us know what you find out

aabrown06
04-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I cecked the fuse once before and it was not all the way down into its place. So i checked it again after the first time, and it ended up being blown. It must have blown just immediately after fixing it the first time. I rode for 2-3 hours and it worked fine. Thanks for the suggestion.