PDA

View Full Version : clutch,,,

boyak686
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
hey guys,
i was out for i ride tonight and i pulled in my clutch and my lever just stayed tight to my bar,,,
my cable snapped im thinkin its due to just wear, but could there be any other reasons why my cable would snap off right at the engine,,
and how hard is it to put in a new cable??? id take it to yamaha but they seem to take forever to fix little problems and id rather learn my bike than take it to them,,,

thanks guys,

Ride1Rob
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
It's not hard at all. A pretty simple process that you shouldn't mess up. Shouldn't take the shop more than 10mins to fix.

jubileeatv
04-20-2007, 07:16 PM
make sure you don't buy a heavy duty cable no need for it. Don't lube it, it'll stretch faster, make sure that it's encased nicely, you can put it on with ease.

peace-:devil:

boyak686
04-21-2007, 12:40 AM
thanks guys,
i just got mine in from yamaha so im gonna putter in tommorrow.

daddio
04-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by jubileeatv
make sure you don't buy a heavy duty cable no need for it. Don't lube it, it'll stretch faster, make sure that it's encased nicely, you can put it on with ease.

peace-:devil:

Don't lube it???? Are you nuts??? That is probably why his snapped in the first place. I always keep mine lubed with a good cable lube. Don't us WD40 or simular "penetrating" oils.

jubileeatv
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
guess you been riding a week ! when you lube it, it stretches with the heat and gives it play, learn some physics before you post.

HAULNASS SUCKN GAS

05yfz450

HEY PHUCK YOU !:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

pbblaster2
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
well i dissagree i always keep mine lubed and no it doesnt strech because there is a little think called boiling point and most lubraction doesnt get there very fast so there for the lube doesnt evaporate =)

jubileeatv
05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
beitch your in wv not FLORIDA, RECALCULATE !

PHUCKOFF AND CRASH !

YFZ450:devil:

boyak686
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
well thanks for turning this into an idiot session jublie,,,, i got what i needed you didn't need to be a P.O.S after,,,