PDA

View Full Version : Ever Wonder?

troyleepred719
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I was sitting here thinking. What do you think the US would be like today, if the Confederates would have won the war. I kow i dont have any room to talk, but keep the racial slurs to a minimum, Im sick of being banned from my own threads. I know there was a movie on tis a few years back, bu twhat do you guys think it would be like today?

04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
putting the Racial issue aside. Our nation would be alot stronger IMO. Our economy would be better, I dont think we would have all the illegals that we do today. Remember back during the civil war, the south was alot stronger then the North, most of the people thought the south was going to win.

But overall we would be alot better off

czrider263
04-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Im happy the north won. Thank goodness that we ended slavery.

04-16-2007, 04:52 PM
slavery isnt over, dont think that it is

Blue250X
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
World is real great now. I was watching "Bull Run" on spike yesterday and team Honda (two black guys) get pulled over for their license plate being mounted in the wrong place ( it was way up by the freakin rear window) and they call it "racial profiling" which I think is complete BS:mad: Then the cop let them go with just a warning. Was it because they were black?

troyleepred719
04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
World is real great now. I was watching "Bull Run" on spike yesterday and team Honda (two black guys) get pulled over for their license plate being mounted in the wrong place ( it was way up by the freakin rear window) and they call it "racial profiling" which I think is complete BS:mad: Then the cop let them go with just a warning. Was it because they were black?
\

well in attempt to keep the racial peace on this site, i wont say all my thoughts, but when i saw that yesterday, my first thought was, you think maybe that they got pulled over for weaving lanes, and the idea that they were drving a loud *** civic that had graffiti all over it.....

anyone else?

416exfreak
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
IDK, what it would be like if the south had won. I will state one thought of mine though, I believe that this country is going to hell in a hand basket. All the rights that out forefathers died for re slowly being retracted by the "governemt" that was made to keep them there.

EX. Don Imus getting banned from many radio stations for saying something...there goes the right to free speach!

EX. The VT shootings today (RIP Victims)...anyhow, dont you think if we still could carry weapons with us then that shooter might have been stopped much quicker?

Really, I couldnt say what this country would be like, I dont know enough history to put anything into that subject, but ive stated my thoughts....let the flaming begin!:ermm: :chinese:

04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
416ex i said the exact thing in another thread, people called me a communist, and other names to say the least. I agree with you 100% they ARE taking away our rights constantly!

At the rate this country is going i dont see America being strong for much longer. It is going downhill very fast!

firefighterjosh
04-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I really don't know what ot think if the south would have won. IMO it prally wouldn't be much diffrent.

People would not have let slaevery keep going it would have been stopped evertually.

Everything happends for a reason....

04-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
IDK, what it would be like if the south had won. I will state one thought of mine though, I believe that this country is going to hell in a hand basket. All the rights that out forefathers died for re slowly being retracted by the "governemt" that was made to keep them there.

EX. Don Imus getting banned from many radio stations for saying something...there goes the right to free speach!

EX. The VT shootings today (RIP Victims)...anyhow, dont you think if we still could carry weapons with us then that shooter might have been stopped much quicker?

Really, I couldnt say what this country would be like, I dont know enough history to put anything into that subject, but ive stated my thoughts....let the flaming begin!:ermm: :chinese:

freedom of speech? well that only purtains to not hurting others....it's not carte blanche, don't mis-interpret what its purpose is....and as far as everyone carrying guns around...:rolleyes: you're kidding right? sure the massacre at VT is bad, but how many people would have died between bad incidents like that because of "cowboys" with guns at their side? again the right to bare arms taken out of context again!!....in fact take it to the extreme the otherway...hand guns had never been made, and this guy had to kill people with a knife, how many people do you think he would have gotten before someone hit him upside the head with a bat? i can guarantee it wouldn't have been over 30!!...makes you waunder huh?

the civil war was not about slavery people.....it was about states rights over federal rights.....so if you think "50" indivual countries is better than one united, than ya the south winning would have been better....but if you like a "united states" than the north winning was the best outcome....

Stevie-D
04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
the civil war was not about slavery people.....it was about states rights over federal rights.....so if you think "50" indivual countries is better than one united, than ya the south winning would have been better....but if you like a "united states" than the north winning was the best outcome....

hit the nail on the head with that comment. to repeat you... the slavery issue was on the back burner. the war was fought primarily because of the confederate states wanting their states to have more power than the federal govt.

if the south had won?? there would still be a United States, it just wouldn't include the confederate states, as they would have broken away from the US.

and as for the whole racism bit. a great deal of africans were brought to this country by white men, who enslaved them. while that is historically true, it was other africans who sold a great deal of the slaves to the white men. warring tribes would conquer another tribe, and sell them to the white men. so for African American people to blame their problems on whites because WE (yes, we are being blamed for what some of our ancesters did generations ago) made them our slaves doesn't sit right with me. if you are going to blame history on your current problems, please look at the whole story and not just the part that suits you.
Blacks have wanted to be equal to whites. yet i can be called a "cracker" and it is perfectly fine. yet i say the "N word" and i'm condemned to hell. bull****. there's equality for ya.

of course, this is a blanket statement. not all blacks are like this. not saying that they are. this is just my opinion... and remember... opinions are like a-holes. everyone has one, and they are usually good for chit. not trying to start a fight with anyone.

04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
and as for the whole racism bit. a great deal of africans were brought to this country by white men, who enslaved them. while that is historically true, it was other africans who sold a great deal of the slaves to the white men. warring tribes would conquer another tribe, and sell them to the white men. so for African American people to blame their problems on whites because WE (yes, we are being blamed for what some of our ancesters did generations ago) made them our slaves doesn't sit right with me. if you are going to blame history on your current problems, please look at the whole story and not just the part that suits you.
Blacks have wanted to be equal to whites. yet i can be called a "cracker" and it is perfectly fine. yet i say the "N word" and i'm condemned to hell. bull****. there's equality for ya.

no matter who sold who to who, two wrongs don't make a right.....that's like saying becuase you didn't steal the quad, but bought it from the guy who did that makes it ok...:rolleyes: and as far as blacks being racist aginst whites, that is a virtual impossibilty...on the grounds that it is not based on a "unwarranted" hatred. in lamen's terms a white racist dislikes a black because of a physical or a cultural difference. blacks dislike of whites is rooted in our oppression of the their race....in other words to be considered a racist you have to have power...blacks have no power...JMO

underpowered
04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
no matter who sold who to who, two wrongs don't make a right.....that's like saying becuase you didn't steal the quad, but bought it from the guy who did that makes it ok...:rolleyes: and as far as blacks being racist aginst whites, that is a virtual impossibilty...on the grounds that it is not based on a "unwarranted" hatred. in lamen's terms a white racist dislikes a black because of a physical or a cultural difference. blacks dislike of whites is rooted in our oppression of the their race....in other words to be considered a racist you have to have power...blacks have no power...JMO

as stevie-D said about opinions they are like a-holes

blacks do have power. they ahve teh Naacp(national association for the advancement of colored people) but are not racist, if we had the Naawp(national association for the advancement of white people) we would be racist however. and if i call a black guy a ni***r i would be racist but he is free to call me a honkey, cracker, whitey or wahtever he wants. there areascholarships just for balck people but if we ahd an only white scholarship it would be racist. seems to me as racism is a one way street for the most part. Now i have nothing against black people. that is my opinion

troyleepred719
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
guys, did i mention this wasnt supposed to go towards the racial side of things lol. there are a lot of valid points to be made, but i thikn if the south would have won, we might have had a better economy, but that could be contradicted easily, so i guess the moral of this story is, i t dont really matter, cause it cant happen now.

keep it going......

400EXTRA
04-17-2007, 03:13 PM
i wonder what id do with nothing to ride

TheFontMaster
04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
If the south won, I honestly don't think they would have lasted 50 years. They were for strong state governments, not one strong central government. There would have been virtually no orginization to the government at all.

But however, if the south had won, and somehow managed to get a strong central government I do belive we would be better off right now.

Crashmore 22
04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Liberals like you are the reason that this country is going in the toilet. I will be flamed for this but you just made my blood boil!!! The statement that blacks can't be racist because they have "no power" is ABSOLUTELY the most ignorant statement that I have ever heard. If that was the case Don Imus would still be on the radio. It's not equality you want! You and Jesse Jackson want the black race to be superior to whites, because if you didn't you wouldn't refer to people as black and white, you would refer to them as Americans!!!! Flame on.

04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
slavery isnt over, dont think that it is

and here i sat on my couch, thinking that those illegals were getting paid. i guess not.

SLAVERY IS OVER! no one is working for free anymore nor are they being treated terribly like the blacks were 100s of years ago

04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22
Liberals like you are the reason that this country is going in the toilet. I will be flamed for this but you just made my blood boil!!! The statement that blacks can't be racist because they have "no power" is ABSOLUTELY the most ignorant statement that I have ever heard. If that was the case Don Imus would still be on the radio. It's not equality you want! You and Jesse Jackson want the black race to be superior to whites, because if you didn't you wouldn't refer to people as black and white, you would refer to them as Americans!!!! Flame on.

.....listen i know all about you peeps from mississippi....i went to college at usm, i know you folks like your neegras submissive... i was pulled over once in canton, miss.(by a white cop of course) for nothing more than having my black doormmate in the car...so i'm gonna have to say your opinion is a little jaded....and by the way, i think jesse jackson is a fool...and if wanting ignorance gone is being labeled a liberal, than i guess i am....:rolleyes: ...and don imus is gone because he is a fool....he wasn't practicing "freedom of speech"...he was perpetuating stupidity, and exposing his true feelings...:ermm:

and to the guy who said that the naacp is power i hope is kidding...when has the naacp been anything other than a punchline to whites?

and back to the main point of the thread....this country would have never survived if the south had won...also we would have been called the "divided states" not the "united states"...

yamaha250f
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
cops would have alot more power and things would be more strict

troyleepred719
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
there are rascist white, there are rascist blacks...... blacks just tend to cry rascism on everythin...back to the bullrun thing.......

anyways.....back to the topic.......

Crashmore 22
04-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm going to ignore your remark about my "peeps" and I, since you have no power that couldn't have been a racial remark. Let it be known that it is only okay for white cops to pull over white men, no exceptions. Yamaha250f, I read in one of your other posts that you are a police officer, please take note of this alleged fact and inform your fellow officers. If you pull over a dark skinned American you are a racist. WHAT A JOKE!!!!Yes dark skinned american, not african-american. dlerch you are proving my first post, I got upset after reading the earlier posts now they are quite amusing please keep posting for me and the other "peeps" naaasayyn.

04-18-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm going to ignore your remark about my "peeps" and I, since you have no power that couldn't have been a racial remark. Let it be known that it is only okay for white cops to pull over white men, no exceptions. Yamaha250f, I read in one of your other posts that you are a police officer, please take note of this alleged fact and inform your fellow officers. If you pull over a dark skinned American you are a racist. WHAT A JOKE!!!!Yes dark skinned american, not african-american. dlerch you are proving my first post, I got upset after reading the earlier posts now they are quite amusing please keep posting for me and the other "peeps" naaasayyn.

i remember sitting at a college party in hattiesburg and listening to this drunk "redneck" talk about how they keep finding black guys hanging themselves from trees...i believe he said in brownsville,miss., and how it would always be ruled a suicide, as he was laughing....so again being a person who lived in mississippi i know there is a real shortage of white bed sheets in the walmarts down there, and it ain't because they halloween more than once a year!.....and as far as "cops" pulling people over because of their skin color, well that's a proven fact, they even have a name for it; racial profiling, and if you don't think it happens, you really are nieve....

Xater
04-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
putting the Racial issue aside. Our nation would be alot stronger IMO. Our economy would be better, I dont think we would have all the illegals that we do today. Remember back during the civil war, the south was alot stronger then the North, most of the people thought the south was going to win.

But overall we would be alot better off
the economy would be better? before the civil war the south was poor and owned large cotton farms and used slaves to do all of the work. while the north was making most of the money with manufacturing and factories. and the north was much stronger because many more people living there durring those days and had alot more money. and having less illegals who knows mabie we would have more and still practice slavery.

Villageidiott23
04-18-2007, 07:55 AM
do you ever wonder??? wonder where its at???

Pappy
04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
and as far as blacks being racist aginst whites, that is a virtual impossibilty...on the grounds that it is not based on a "unwarranted" hatred. in lamen's terms a white racist dislikes a black because of a physical or a cultural difference. blacks dislike of whites is rooted in our oppression of the their race....in other words to be considered a racist you have to have power...blacks have no power...JMO

this statement can be true ..IF.. YOU...are a racist. If you are not, then any racism from blacks to whites is..well..racism! I can not be held responsible for something a white man did in 1854 no more then you can hold me responsible for something a black man will do in 2046. Until blacks get over this "warranted" hatred then the war is alive and well. who wants to take the first steps to getting rid of the blacks...or whites:confused:

i have never oppressed blacks or anyone else, how can i be held accountable?

as far as the carrying of firearms by law abiding citizens, how come back in the days of no gun laws there werent mass murders and killings besides the typical gunfight between fueding men? (keep in mind, the great gun fights in western movies rarely if ever happened! we had to be in 2007 for a "record" to be set by a sycho)

ill keep my guns and an open mind(whens the last time a group of white men in sheets drug a black out of his house and hung him? thats what i thought. whens the last time a white was killed or beaten because he was white? youll find the answer to the later sooner then you will the previous.

underpowered
04-18-2007, 08:11 AM
i remember sitting at a college party in hattiesburg and listening to this drunk "redneck" talk about how they keep finding black guys hanging themselves from trees...i believe he said in brownsville,miss., and how it would always be ruled a suicide, as he was laughing....so again being a person who lived in mississippi i know there is a real shortage of white bed sheets in the walmarts down there, and it ain't because they halloween more than once a year!.....and as far as "cops" pulling people over because of their skin color, well that's a proven fact, they even have a name for it; racial profiling, and if you don't think it happens, you really are nieve....

yeas there is racial profiling, and i am sure it happens from time to time. but every time a black person is pulled over it is not racial profiling. if they have a ligitmate reason to be pulled over (i.e. speeding, weaving, racing, etc..) that is not racial profiling. black people scream racial profiling anytime the law is after them, pulls them over or anything. most of teh time, cops have a good reason to pull people over, not because of their skin color.

Pappy
04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
there are more arguements that support the benefits of racial profiling then against it.

funny how a 80 year old white women can be stopped at the airport but the 3 islamic guys get a pass to board the plane with out even a look over:rolleyes:

10 to 1 the shooter at VT wasnt pressured by authorities(prioir to his spree) on campus was simple, he was not a white guy. If he had been, I would be willing to bet he would have had more then just a few teachers asking about him and the police would have been involved much sooner with regards to his demeanor, actions and writings that are now being brought to light. (also take a look at the asain man on the ground with a VA police officer holding him down at the scene of the VT shootings....reported asain shooter. I geuss that was racial profiling...or maybe just police work in progress.)

Think of the black extremists on college grounds all over this country that stand and preach hate and violence. you think a white guy can get away with that?

Racial profiling is a needed tool. In the DC sniper situation, it was reported a white man in a white box truck. My brother was pulled from his work truck 3 times! at gun point! he knew the drill, accepted it because the safety of the greater population was more important then worrying about why he was being targeted. I dont recall seeing ANY civil rights proponents speaking out against white, black, asian, spanish etc. police officers targeting whit emen during that period of time. why? because white people knew profiling white guys was NEEDED!(for those that dont know, it ended up being 2 black guys in a blue car!)

Face it, in an area that is prodominatley black, the police will pull over more people that are ..umm..black:p they will also pull over every white guy they see in an area that they know white folks do not tend to associate themselves with, yet again, this is racial profiling and with damn good reason! a white guy on a side street at 2 am in Baltimore is 9 times out of 10 up to something illegal, ofcourse, you dont see Sharpton or Shabazz running to thier aid even if they did have rock in the car:p

Crashmore 22
04-18-2007, 11:35 AM
By dlerch: "i remember sitting at a college party in hattiesburg and listening to this drunk "redneck" talk about how they keep finding black guys hanging themselves from trees...i believe he said in brownsville,miss., and how it would always be ruled a suicide, as he was laughing....so again being a person who lived in mississippi i know there is a real shortage of white bed sheets in the walmarts down there, and it ain't because they halloween more than once a year!.....and as far as "cops" pulling people over because of their skin color, well that's a proven fact, they even have a name for it; racial profiling, and if you don't think it happens, you really are nieve...."

Once again you make a racist remark, assume that I am a redneck, and even offer that I am a klan member. Let me offer this to you, the Black Panthers are THE MOST RACIST GROUP on earth. So, if blacks can have the Black Panthers why can't whites have the klan? I'm sure you won't answer this question DIRECTLY, because deep inside you know that they im right. The only reason that racial profiling is a term is because of 9-11 not because blacks got pulled over by the police. I think that racial profiliing is a GREAT thing. if you aren't hiding anything why would it bother you? I go through road blocks all the time, they don't bother me. I also get pulled over a lot while riding my R1, so they can make sure I have insurance on it. Do I pi$$ and moan? NO! If the government would have shown that they had a back bone before 9-11, maybe all those people in 9-11 wouldn't have been killed. I have to go to walmart, I need some new sheets for tonight, PM me if you want the address! HAHA!!

04-18-2007, 02:57 PM
[B]Once again you make a racist remark, assume that I am a redneck, and even offer that I am a klan member. Let me offer this to you, the Black Panthers are THE MOST RACIST GROUP on earth. So, if blacks can have the Black Panthers why can't whites have the klan? I'm sure you won't answer this question DIRECTLY, because deep inside you know that they im right. The only reason that racial profiling is a term is because of 9-11 not because blacks got pulled over by the police. I think that racial profiliing is a GREAT thing. if you aren't hiding anything why would it bother you? I go through road blocks all the time, they don't bother me. I also get pulled over a lot while riding my R1, so they can make sure I have insurance on it. Do I pi$$ and moan? NO! If the government would have shown that they had a back bone before 9-11, maybe all those people in 9-11 wouldn't have been killed. I have to go to walmart, I need some new sheets for tonight, PM me if you want the address! HAHA!!

a couple of things...first i'm also white, so i'm not "racist" towards you or other whites, and 2nd; i never called you a redneck or a klan member. all i said is i have personal references to draw from for which i speak. i don't know you, but have met many other mississipians, and made a broad, and to me humorous, generalization based on that knowledge. so for you to get so defensive only tells me that i must have hit close to the mark. personally speaking, or that you just don't find humor in the lack of white bedding supplies in the state of mississippi.....either way, so be it.

as far as the black panthers/klan they have both the right to "freedom of assembly" and "freedom of speech"...two things i believe hole-heartedly in. but a couple of differences. first look up the definitions of "prejudice" and "racist", because to all of you out there they are not synonyms...while black panthers practice prejudice, understandably so by the way, the klan practices racism. the panthers basically say that they no longer want to be surpressed/opressed by the whites. where as the klan says we want to keep blacks(along with jews, papists, asians etc.) down, or basically the way it is/was with whites having all the power, and giving nothing.

and to be honest with you i'm not sure when i first heard the term "racial profiling", but it makes no difference to me when there was a name put to a specific and blatant violation of a person/race(s) civil rights. and the fact that you think it is GREAT is very disturbing. but understandable from who person who isn't profiled.

...as far as the R1 thing, you are not comparing apples to apples, because they are pulling all people over to check if they have insurance...whites, blacks, asians etc...not just a specific race...unless there is a new thing called "motorcylistism' that i haven't heard of yet....LOL

and pappy, i don't know for sure but i'm gonna assume that whoever came up with the "benefits of racial profiling" was a person that has never had to go thru the de-humanation of being racially harassed...:ermm:

and here is a link to look at that i found...an interesting read..
http://www.amnestyusa.org/Racial_Profiling/Report/page.do?id=1106664&n1=3&n2=91&n3=584

Pappy
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM

and pappy, i don't know for sure but i'm gonna assume that whoever came up with the "benefits of racial profiling" was a person that has never had to go thru the de-humanation of being racially harassed...:ermm:

if it means my family will be safer for the authority's to pull middle eastern men out of line in an airport, bus terminal or any where they deem needed, by all means PROFILE AWAY

if it means pulling over mainly blacks in an area where black on black violence, drugs and crime are rampant, PROFILE AWAY

if it means as a white guy i get pulled over for being in an area that causes a police officer to take notice...PROFILE AWAY

if it means you feel sorry for folks and their rights, then maybe you will feel sorry for my rights that have been trampled upon by specific groups that revel in crime, devient behavior, violence and murder and terrorism. amensty international can kiss my ***...i want to feel safe in my home, country and cities where i dwell far from the syco's and nutjobs that love to cry civil liberty and rights after they have just killed an innocent person.

your about to have a daughter, maybe they should stop profiling rapists in your area as well. then when you find out she was raped and murdered by some scumbag who slipped by the cops because they are fearful of civil rights violations and did not pursue him based on his civil rights! ofcourse you can sleep well in that case knowing the suspect is scott free while your daughter is in a box (hypothetically speaking, id wish that fate on no one or family)

profiling in all honesty has ZERO to do with race(as in singling out race just for the sake of it, there is usually a well documented reason behind why a race is targeted!) it has to do with using common logic and simple reasoning to narrow down a general to a specific....in the case of this discussion an example would be the 80 year old white lady versus the middle eastern man.

"Go ahead Ackmed, board the plane, but granny you will need to step over here and remove your shoes"
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/williams/GCP911_files/wtc.jpg

Yeah, id let these guys pass just because i wouldnt want to harm their "rights"

http://oliviervaunois.blogspirit.com/images/medium_20060105.fig0258_1.jpg

Are you concerned about them being pulled over at 3 am :rolleyes:
http://www.comptonpolicegangs.com/images/photo-gallery-bloods.jpg

"Sorry sweetheart, we cant really start stopping mexican men in your upscale white neighborhood just to see if he may have been the animal that raped you"
http://www.faqs.org/health/images/uchr_03_img0298.jpg

ryanh250ex
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Blacks are racist, Whites are racist, Racism exists just as much (be it vocal or thought) as it did in 1963.....

If theres ever going to be change, responsibility needs to be taken on BOTH accounts....

I grew up in the north and as of '05 reside now in the deep south, I can tell you with great certainty that the level of segregation down here blows my mind...

Society needs to implement the concept that throwing the race card is NOT acceptable to use as a crutch, nor it is appropriate to point the finger at a given race...

Blacks need to stop using the color of their skin as a means to get ahead, and likewise, whites need to stop parading around with the Stars N Bars.... and BOTH need to get rid of the N-word altogether.

Carry On....

Crashmore 22
04-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I would like to thank you for allowing this thread to continue. Many people feel that this type of discussion is bad, but I feel that it is necessary for others (voters) to realize that there really are people such as dlerch in the world who honestly believe the crap he has been speaking on. I hope that everyone can remember at election time what can happen if you put liberals in office. If it were up to people such as dlerch, you and I would be getting repartations for slavery taken out of our checks each month.

dlerch
I wish that you would read pappy's post before this again and think about what he said. I honestly feel sorry for you and just so you know I took no offense to the klan statement you made. My point was, equality CAN NEVER be reached if it isn't the goal to start with. You don't get equal to someone by getting more rights than them. I don't think that I am any better than anyone else especially because of race, but blacks sure as he\\ are no better than me because my great great great grandfather owned theirs.

Pappy
04-18-2007, 04:18 PM
as long as the dialog is decent and no one goes after another i see no reason in closing it.

before the night is over however, im willing to bet someone will blow their top and it will be toast.

for me, ill be cleaning my 45, sippin some clear liquid from a mason jar;) and laughing at all the folks who think they have the world by the tail. might even slip into town (before i have a drink) and see if i can get profiled in my 4x4 truck on the wrong side of town....lmao

04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X

haha saw that epsiode. bullrun kicks ***

04-18-2007, 07:17 PM
not all;

italians are not in the mafia
jews horde money
native americans are drunks
middle eastern men get on plains with bombs strapped to them
southern men are rednecks
mexicans are illegal
asians eat dogs(my favorite because my wife is half korean)
black men deal drugs

but when you racially profile that is what you are saying. also you are making assumptions that because of the actions of a few that all in that group are like that...that is stupid, and needless to say, unfair...:ermm: and me personally i will never trample on the rights of others, and still expect to keep my or my family's rights intact. it is a slippery slope. and one that is only courted by those that think it will never purtain to them. wrong!!

and pappy if you think it's ok to sacrifice someone else's civil rights, would you be willing to sacrifice one of yours? i'm gonna assume that you will say "i don't do anything wrong"...well just because a black guy has a nice lexus doesn't mean he has done anything wrong either.......

........and by the way how did you know i was having a daughter, i just found out this past friday...:confused: ..and let me tell you, reality really set in at that moment, like now it's a real thing....:D

and lastly there is a saying, i'm not sure exactly how it goes, but it's something like this; "those that are willing to sacrifice a little freedom for a little safety deserve neither"...sorry if i got it wrong, but the meaning is still there...at least for me it is..

Pappy
04-18-2007, 07:31 PM
ill never tell how i find things out...just let it ride:cool: ;) (i geussed but seeing your wife is the one who is a ccw holder i figured her genes were stronger then yours..haha:blah: )

sacrificing civil liberties is one thing, sacrificing them for the sake of not doing the right thing is another. it seems the ones screaming for no profiling or how bad it is (aclu) seem to not want to address the pure realistic fact that it does work in most situations. if you feel safe with your new born in your arms, walking onto a plane followed by 6 middle eastern men then you are sincere, but you and i know differently that you would not feel safe. why must some be willing to allow our basic freedoms to be stomped by the actions of people that care not of civil liberty or rights until after they are caught!

italians are not in the mafia(no, but they act like it)
jews horde money(the majority have been taught to save more so then other religious groups, probably because they are the most persecuted people on the planet)
native americans are drunks(alcholism is rampant on reservations, so is drug use)
middle eastern men get on plains with bombs strapped to them(i know 13 that did not need a bomb)
southern men are rednecks(they act like they are..see italian for clarifiacation)
mexicans are illegal (high percentage are)
asians eat dogs(my favorite because my wife is half korean) (dog is a delicacy in many asain countries)
black men deal drugs(would you like to bet that the majority in prison did? or are they all innocent as well)

i am more then willing to be stopped by the police and questioned based on my race so that criminals can be caught and the country made a safer place. i have nothing to hide and would veiw it as proactive.

Pappy
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM

and lastly there is a saying, i'm not sure exactly how it goes, but it's something like this; "those that are willing to sacrifice a little freedom for a little safety deserve neither"...sorry if i got it wrong, but the meaning is still there...at least for me it is..

heard it before...i wonder if at the era of time it was coined ms13 was in town, or if terrorists had blown up commercial jets on our soil, or the cities of the country had been turned to slums and places of violence. i wonder if back when the man who stated that phrase had ever had a large portion of his hard earned money taken so that illegals could run his country to the brink of economic exhaustion by abusing its resourses. i wonder if the prisons were full of crack heads, rapists and those bent on destroying what america is all about.

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
If it means that I get pulled Over, and PROFILED.... so that crimals around here are caught, they are more than welcome. I would rather make the sacrafice and willingly accept whatever i do wrong, its the justice system, as far as getting pulled over for no reason, unless its quota time, cops dont want to do the work of pulling ppl over for nothing, ur crazy, but if ur in a lil honda civic with a tin can on it, dont buy it unless u plan on getting pulled over.... stupid people dont think of the consequences before there decision, and then they realize there faults and they blame it on some term that is too bog for other to understand, and it ends up the laws fault, or blame it on the white man.

04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
If it means that I get pulled Over, and PROFILED.... so that crimals around here are caught, they are more than welcome. I would rather make the sacrafice and willingly accept whatever i do wrong, its the justice system, as far as getting pulled over for no reason, unless its quota time, cops dont want to do the work of pulling ppl over for nothing, ur crazy, but if ur in a lil honda civic with a tin can on it, dont buy it unless u plan on getting pulled over.... stupid people dont think of the consequences before there decision, and then they realize there faults and they blame it on some term that is too bog for other to understand, and it ends up the laws fault, or blame it on the white man.

easily spoken by a white person who knows they will never get profiled...:rolleyes:

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Ive had enough of you, dont you have some rap records or a NAACP meeting to get too??????

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Here we go........:rolleyes:

Doober
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
i saw this last ngiht :rolleyes: makes me wonder what if it was the other way around

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?name=features&id=1557011&vid=143074

underpowered
04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
easily spoken by a white person who knows they will never get profiled...:rolleyes:

what? did you not read anything pappy wrote? here where i live, there is a bad part of town in cincinnati called over the rine (OTR) it is a predonintally black neighbor hood known for its violence and drugs. i know white friends who have gone to OTR fro events ( our music hall is in OTR) and have been pulled over for being there. they were "Profiled" because they were white in a black neighborhood. most white people are assumed to be buying drugs if they are in OTR, becuase nto that many whites go there. whites are profiled all the time, we just do not make a big to do aobut it like others do.

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Here we go........:rolleyes:

oh come on josh, just having a lil fun :) i tried to keep it non racial....look at alll my posts.....

Pappy
04-18-2007, 09:37 PM

you speak as if you have kunta kintays blood in your family tree. your white, so how do you know how it feels since none of us other white dudes will never know what it feels like to be profiled?

ive been pulled over in DC in a work truck, and after running my licsense the officer explained that white dudes in that area after dark usually means a drug deal. i thanked him for his concern and rolled out. i didnt cry about it! and yes, the cop was black!

ive been pulled over in WV for looking out of place! cop said i looked like i didnt belong in that area! i thanked him and wished he worked closer to my home! and geuss what....HE WAS RIGHT!

i have also been pulled over for being a typical dumbass teenager with a fast car. cop said i looked up to no good!

the reason i dont worry about it is i know they are doing what needs to be done, and i dont need a crutch to make myself get over the fact that this world is an evil place! i wasnt raised that the white man or the popo are out to get me! maybe everyone should try that instead of looking for an excuse to cry to the aclu!

if it barks like a dog, looks like a dog and wags its tail like a dog...its probably a dog! maybe run out and get a few civil rights lawyers to double check!

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
lmao, just watched that on tv.... we should make a working with black ppl, oh my bad, thats wrong..... anyways, i gotta go give my slaves there hair cuts, and then i have a klan meeting, so i guess ill have to read up on this later

04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
heard it before...i wonder if at the era of time it was coined ms13 was in town, or if terrorists had blown up commercial jets on our soil, or the cities of the country had been turned to slums and places of violence. i wonder if back when the man who stated that phrase had ever had a large portion of his hard earned money taken so that illegals could run his country to the brink of economic exhaustion by abusing its resourses. i wonder if the prisons were full of crack heads, rapists and those bent on destroying what america is all about.

that's like saying "the right to bare arms" purtains to today....that was also written when we were trying to get our independence from england.....i'm sure that our forefathers were not thinking that people need to own 10 gats and 6 ak-47's, and a dozen gloc 9's ...

...and timothy mcveigh was a terrorist, and last time i checked he wasn't from the middle east...

...the neo-nazis and hells angels are gangs and i would bet that they don't let any hispanic or blacks in.....

the economic exhaustion anyone maybe feeling is from the war in irag.... the super rich making 90% of the money but only paying 50% of the taxes....and the politicians letting big companies out source manufacturing jobs just to be able to bring the goods back into the country for free...

i grew up in a trailer park full of whites, and in my opinion is no better than a center city slum...

and this country was started and proliferated by "illegal" aliens...and i worked with some mexicans when i was a kid, and they work harder, and alot more hours for less pay, than any american i have ever met.....and soon they won't have to come to our country for work, our super intelligent leaders are sending all the work to them anyway....

and yes crack is the black mans drug, but meth is white middle class americas problem, which is just as bad if not worse than crack is right now, and if it isn't it soon will be....

and i hope you don't think for a second that rape and murder are only committed by non-whites..:rolleyes:

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 09:47 PM
oh come on josh, just having a lil fun :) i tried to keep it non racial....look at alll my posts.....

That wasn't inteended for you

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
that's like saying "the right to bare arms" purtains to today....that was also written when we were trying to get our independence from england.....i'm sure that our forefathers were not thinking that people need to own 10 gats and 6 ak-47's, and a dozen gloc 9's ...

...and timothy mcveigh was a terrorist, and last time i checked he wasn't from the middle east...

...the neo-nazis and hells angels are gangs and i would bet that they don't let any hispanic or blacks in.....

the economic exhaustion anyone maybe feeling is from the war in irag.... the super rich making 90% of the money but only paying 50% of the taxes....and the politicians letting big companies out source manufacturing jobs just to be able to bring the goods back into the country for free...

i grew up in a trailer park full of whites, and in my opinion is no better than a center city slum...

and this country was started and proliferated by "illegal" aliens...and i worked with some mexicans when i was a kid, and they work harder, and alot more hours for less pay, than any american i have ever met.....and soon they won't have to come to our country for work, our super intelligent leaders are sending all the work to them anyway....

and yes crack is the black mans drug, but meth is white middle class americas problem, which is just as bad if not worse than crack is right now, and if it isn't it soon will be....

and i hope you don't think for a second that rape and murder are only committed by non-whites..:rolleyes:
hells angels are actually open to all races, and are cops lawyers, fireman, and others.........

Crashmore 22
04-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I just saw where radicals killed 180 innocent people in Iraq. The also executed 12 police officers and beheaded one of them. If those people have that much hate built up inside, how long before they bring that hate to the USA again. dlerch what type of system should be put in place to prevent this? Should we just wait until they get nuclear and kill hundreds of thousands? You have to do something and right now racial profiling is all that the officials can do, unless you have some better idea.

Congrats on your child. I wish her all the best. But I fear, that if something is not done today she WILL NOT live in the same USA that we do where we for the most part are safe.

To clear up what I'm saying. The guy at VT was sending out VIVID signals that he was about to do something stupid, but since we live in the politically correct society, NOTHING is done and he kills 32 people. If you sit back on your heels and wait for bad things to happen and then react, bad things will continue to happen! Evil people will not see the era of their ways, they will continue until they are stopped.

The world is becoming a dangerous place everywhere. But I'm locked and loaded if they bring it to my door. Hank said it best, " I HAVE A SHOTGUN, RIFLE, AND A FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE AND A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE"

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
i agree 100 percent with what you have to say. although it MAY go against constitutional rights, profiling is a way to prevent future issues.

like you said a country boy will survive...

04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
my last post for tonight...i agree that the country is getting scary, but i disagree on the route that we need to take to rectify our problems...and i especially don't like the thought of sacrificing the rights of some our fellow americans to make it better, regardless of color....and especially since their rights have been "sacrificed" so much already over the years in this country....hey i gotta go to bed...it was cool debating with you guys...i'll pick it up again tomorrow....

one more thing...in the end we all want the same end result...i especially with bringing a child into this crazy f'ed up world have major concerns....

Crashmore 22
04-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I can respect your opinion even though I don't agree, but like I said if racial profiling is not the answer what is?

firefighterjosh
04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I can respect your opinion even though I don't agree, but like I said if racial profiling is not the answer what is?

Peace, Love and Monkey Grease:o

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 10:08 PM
i got an idea...divide the country into many parts and put the different races into different places... then no one could discriminaated...... whats the hell.......DLERCH FOR PRESIDENT....

ffjosh....no offense taken, my badlol

underpowered
04-18-2007, 10:09 PM

ditto. but thanks to everyone for keepin it civil and clean. thise was one of the best debates on here to make it this long without being closed.

Pappy
04-18-2007, 10:12 PM

ahhhh...so the 2nd amendment is outdated. i can agree with a portion of that based on how our society is rabidly becoming violent(all the more reason to get arms in the right hands if ya ask me, the rest of you scared white collar folks can rely on the police)

the history of our country is full of homegrown terrorist, but that doesnt negate what happened on 9/11. if you can not face the fact that a forgien force attacked our country then you have issues that far exceed what can be handled on an atv forum. i mean heck, it was only a few of them right? lets not pick on the poor middle eastern folks, they dont have what we have.

once again, your attempt at knowledge into areas in which you have had no association have led you into yet another falacy. the hells angels have a mix of races in their ranks. neo nazis? thats reaching abit these days isnt it.

the war in iraq isnt shutting down hospitals in california and other states that are being over run by illegals. the war in iraq isnt causing my local government to have to raise taxes to help open centers for illegals and their familys. the war in iraq isnt raisng the crime rate caused by illegals or the resultant property loss in many areas thanks to the crime and poverty brought here by them.

too bad your family lived in a trailer park, you do the best you can and thats all you can do, you seem to have an issue with white people.

thats great that you worked with mexicans...were they legal? mexicans are the blacks of 30 years ago, except the blacks are here as citizens and have rights granted by our constitution. i have trouble believing you look at your books and dont have an issue with illegals and the enormous amount of money employers are paying to offset what the government is willing to give them! id rather see us take care of our own.
as faras the country being founded by illegals...no. it was taken by force from the native inhabitants. the strong survive.

meth? crack? i try to do my best to stay away from it or areas where it is used. this limits my exposure to it and the ilk that partake in its devastating effects. i wish they would use more of it, die off faster and be less of a drain on society. white, black..green...doesnt matter. all scum.

grasping at straws trying to muse anything i have posted in a way that would state whites are above any crime that any other race could commit.

enjoyable conversation tonight. im almost done with my AR-15 and ill make sure my M14 is cleaned before i fall off to sleep. i wonder how he will feel knowing a redneck, uneducated white man like myself has more firearms then most small police forces. kind of makes me feel all warm inside.

sleep tight

btw....my right to bear arms garuntees the other rights. be thankful, because you obviously dont trust the cops to do the right thing.

:o

Pappy
04-18-2007, 10:22 PM

one more thing...in the end we all want the same end result...i especially with bringing a child into this crazy f'ed up world have major concerns....

i told you before, your life and views will change greatly when your child is born. the world will change for you and your wife in ways you would never expect. your childs life is your responsibilty and your line of thinking may even change. over night you will see dangers that you may have overlooked, threats that once seemed far away will now be your shadow...and thats before you even get her home!

dont believe me, you WILL think of what i just said on your ride home from the hospital! you wont understand till you have that pleasure!;)

and yes, it was good to see a debate with out it getting personal. i geuss im old school but there should be some form of class even if this is the internet...lol

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
no one ever trusts the police until they need them , and then when they help them, 3 days later there pigs again........maybe the problem with our government these days is that its not for the poeple, its against it, or should i say the people are against the gov. i have never heard anyone say anything good about our president. ill say it, hes funny loking, sucks at debating, and is dumber than a box of rock, but damn it all, when 911 happened, instead of ***** footing around like others would have, he laungched a full blown attack on any country that smirked when it happend.. he might have not made the right decision, but hes my president, and i support all his decisions, cause im an american, If i dont like what this country is coming too, thats why i have the right to votte, ill go down to my lil booth and hit the button. but otherwise, if people do nothing but bring out the badd of our country, and nothing is expected to change, why the hell would the government do anything to make it better, if people are only gonna have bad to say of it. this country isnt perfect, but i have a job, house and family to call my own, where i can lay down at night with a smile on my face, and not worry about where im going to get the water for tomorow, or if my youngest son is going to die of something that i wont be able to get treatment for him. I have a place to call my own, and a future that is guaranteed, and thats what makes this america. i may have issues with the gov, and may not agree with everything the gov does, but at the end of the day, i WiLL salute that flag.

Pappy
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
lol...lerch will get a hard on after reading that post...haha

try to keep this clean tomorrow, i have to work and would liek to read it when i get home haha

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 10:33 PM
ill do my best pap, but what can u expect at a site where mud and motors are the object of everyones affection lol....

Crashmore 22
04-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
ditto. but thanks to everyone for keepin it civil and clean. thise was one of the best debates on here to make it this long without being closed.

I agree. In my opinon it is the best debate that I have seen on here. From what Pappy told me, as long as everyone acts like adults here and keeps the 14 year old know-it all within themselves, this thread will continue. I personally think it is benificial for us to learn from each other. Pappy you and I seem to agree 100%. I sleep very well knowing that the Colt 1911 in the drawer is ready if I call on it to buy me time to get to my arsonal in the closet :D . To others please don't ruin this thread, it is the only one I have checked today and I look forward to checking it tomorrow.

04-18-2007, 10:45 PM
meth? crack? i try to do my best to stay away from it or areas where it is used. this limits my exposure to it and the ilk that partake in its devastating effects. i wish they would use more of it, die off faster and be less of a drain on society. white, black..green...doesnt matter. all scum.

You'd be surprised how long people live that are on meth. My town is getting real bad and I'd like for the cops to do something about it, but you know how that goes. Why light the match when you don't want to light the bomb?

As for the topic...If the South had won...I'd say...It'd fall apart. The South had the same idea as the Articles of Confederation, and it also fell apart. So in the late 1800's and early 1900's...We would have been seeing "THE NORTH WILL RISE" signs with all non-southern stars on it.

troyleepred719
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I agree. In my opinon it is the best debate that I have seen on here. From what Pappy told me, as long as everyone acts like adults here and keeps the 14 year old know-it all within themselves, this thread will continue. I personally think it is benificial for us to learn from each other. Pappy you and I seem to agree 100%. I sleep very well knowing that the Colt 1911 in the drawer is ready if I call on it to buy me time to get to my arsonal in the closet :D . To others please don't ruin this thread, it is the only one I have checked today and I look forward to checking it tomorrow.

I agree, i appreciate everyone keeping this threaf on an adult level. its important to remember that we are all here together for a reason.

woodsman250r
04-19-2007, 12:01 AM
You could write a novel based on what would have happened if the South won, but it would be pure fiction. Thats like saying "What if Kennedy was never assignated" or "what if the U.S. never dropped the atomic bomb." Every defining moment in history has had a ripple effect on what is occuring today. For all we know, if the South won we might have never even seen involvement in WWI, II, Korea, Vietnam, ect. Civil rights movement might never have happened. Lincoln probaly wouldn't have been assignated. You could go on and on for hours. Its a fun topic to think about from a "What if" standpoint but it is impossible to say for sure how life would have changed.

04-19-2007, 09:16 AM
ahhhh...so the 2nd amendment is outdated. i can agree with a portion of that based on how our society is rabidly becoming violent(all the more reason to get arms in the right hands if ya ask me, the rest of you scared white collar folks can rely on the police)

the history of our country is full of homegrown terrorist, but that doesnt negate what happened on 9/11. if you can not face the fact that a forgien force attacked our country then you have issues that far exceed what can be handled on an atv forum. i mean heck, it was only a few of them right? lets not pick on the poor middle eastern folks, they dont have what we have.

once again, your attempt at knowledge into areas in which you have had no association have led you into yet another falacy. the hells angels have a mix of races in their ranks. neo nazis? thats reaching abit these days isnt it.

the war in iraq isnt shutting down hospitals in california and other states that are being over run by illegals. the war in iraq isnt causing my local government to have to raise taxes to help open centers for illegals and their familys. the war in iraq isnt raisng the crime rate caused by illegals or the resultant property loss in many areas thanks to the crime and poverty brought here by them.

too bad your family lived in a trailer park, you do the best you can and thats all you can do, you seem to have an issue with white people.

thats great that you worked with mexicans...were they legal? mexicans are the blacks of 30 years ago, except the blacks are here as citizens and have rights granted by our constitution. i have trouble believing you look at your books and dont have an issue with illegals and the enormous amount of money employers are paying to offset what the government is willing to give them! id rather see us take care of our own.
as faras the country being founded by illegals...no. it was taken by force from the native inhabitants. the strong survive.

grasping at straws trying to muse anything i have posted in a way that would state whites are above any crime that any other race could commit.

enjoyable conversation tonight. im almost done with my AR-15 and ill make sure my M14 is cleaned before i fall off to sleep. i wonder how he will feel knowing a redneck, uneducated white man like myself has more firearms then most small police forces. kind of makes me feel all warm inside.

sleep tight

btw....my right to bear arms garuntees the other rights. be thankful, because you obviously dont trust the cops to do the right thing.
:o

my only problem with whites is their hypocracy...
my daughter being born will not make me feel that others should sacrifice their rights...and she will be taught that...
neo-nazis and bigger yet aryan nation are REAL white gangs that deal drugs and kill and mame minorities...amongst other crimes..
and a few token maladoes mixed in the hells angels does not make it segregated...
i like how it's ok for minorities to sacrifice a right that someone else chose for them to sacrifice. and how you choose to sacrifice that same right, because in the back of your head you know it really doesn't purtain you, and because of that really won't affect you. now that is convenient...:rolleyes:
yes i know 9/11 happened, but there wasn't a single iraqi on those plains, so why do we attack iraq? that war is what is draining both this countries economy and its spirit..
the mexicans i worked with were not legal, but were very good people none the less. again the people in this country illegally, are only trying to get what people have been trying to get since this country was founded. i think it's called the american dream. i believe that isn't just for white folk. which the assumption i'm making is that you only have a problem with the illegals of color, mainly mexicans. i'm sure there are a few million illegal "whites" also. and i also don't blame any of them for wanting what we have....nor do i blame them for our problems....tell your local politician to build a wall if it bothers you that much....i assure you they(illegals) spend way more in this country on goods then they take out of it. and they are a cheap labor force for some small business owners that otherwise would not be able to survive. so kick them out, you will also see the positive effects that this country will lose from them not being here. it will not effect me either way...
and as far as the gun thing, i assure you that i have way more weapons in my house right now than any of you...i can't go into much detail why, but it has something to do with my wife's dumb piece of poop younger sister doing something felonous, and her dad not being able to have weapons in the house....and i assure you i don't feel any better about this country, and the direction it's going because of it....

and on a side note kenny you're pm'ed...before this gets out of hand...

troyleepred719
04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
dlerch, i hope you rnot pming pappy in order to get this thread closed, cause this isnt your thread to request that, if thats not the case, than my apologies

04-19-2007, 12:42 PM
dlerch, i hope you rnot pming pappy in order to get this thread closed, cause this isnt your thread to request that, if thats not the case, than my apologies

he!! no...i love a good clean debate...anything that stimulates intelligent thought is cool with me....and by the way, at the risk of sounding arrogant, i truly believe that i would make a way better president than mr."c average" bush...and it's not that i think that highly of myself. i just think very little of him, and more importantly the people he has around him...

ATV Chic
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/bushwitharmymen.jpg

sorry, i couldn't resist :devil:

Bill Fuller
04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I fell bad for Dlerch.I have never meet anyone who seemed to be more ashamed of being white.I agree with Pappy 100%.

04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
no one ever trusts the police until they need them , and then when they help them, 3 days later there pigs again........maybe the problem with our government these days is that its not for the poeple, its against it, or should i say the people are against the gov. i have never heard anyone say anything good about our president. ill say it, hes funny loking, sucks at debating, and is dumber than a box of rock, but damn it all, when 911 happened, instead of ***** footing around like others would have, he laungched a full blown attack on any country that smirked when it happend.. he might have not made the right decision, but hes my president, and i support all his decisions, cause im an american, If i dont like what this country is coming too, thats why i have the right to votte, ill go down to my lil booth and hit the button. but otherwise, if people do nothing but bring out the badd of our country, and nothing is expected to change, why the hell would the government do anything to make it better, if people are only gonna have bad to say of it. this country isnt perfect, but i have a job, house and family to call my own, where i can lay down at night with a smile on my face, and not worry about where im going to get the water for tomorow, or if my youngest son is going to die of something that i wont be able to get treatment for him. I have a place to call my own, and a future that is guaranteed, and thats what makes this america. i may have issues with the gov, and may not agree with everything the gov does, but at the end of the day, i WiLL salute that flag.

the police created the "us vs. them" atmosphere not the people in this country...they created the distrust with power abuses...(i of course only speak about the few that ruined the reputation for the whole)

with as many screw ups as the president has made, i ,amongst a lot of others in this country, find it hard to say anything good about him. and i assure you i really wish i could believe in him, because we could use a really strong leader right now...he has the position of president yeah, but IMO he doesn't deserve the respect the position should have...

as far as having what you have, and the safety afforded you by this great country...make no mistake you don't have it because of some crappy politicians, you have because of the great hard working people of this country....and you can include yourself in there if you so deserve...

and as far as a guaranteed future...don't be so sure of that...your future may not be what you hope for if you're willing to sacrifice things now that you will not have the oppurtunity to re-obtain...

smr
04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
You know....Pappy and I don't agree much when it's politcal but I have to go with him this time.

Pappy I make sure that my Mac 90 is cleaned, locked and loaded. I don't want no trouble but will do what it takes to protect my family. My twelve year old has shot more rounds and killed more food than most grown men. My wife can outshot my son. My 7 year old knows how to load a 7.62 30 round magazine...comes in handy when the coyotes get in the cow paster.. If either one of them decides to use these skills to defend this nation then they have 100% of my suport. If either one of them use these skills to rob, steal or hurt any human without just cause then it's between them and God cause I want be standing there.

I did my tour in Iraq with the 101st and I support the war. I think we should continue to defend ourselves against all enemies foreign and domestic.

04-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I fell bad for Dlerch.I have never meet anyone who seemed to be more ashamed of being white.I agree with Pappy 100%.

i assure you there is no shame in me. i have a very clear conscence(sp?)...it's the others that do not see the error of their ways that should be ashamed. but ignorance has a nice way of suppressing guilt.....hey i remeber you.... aren't you the guy that posted a pic shooting your rifle while sitting in your hot tub and drinking a beer.....that was a funny one....

04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by smr
You know....Pappy and I don't agree much when it's politcal but I have to go with him this time.

Pappy I make sure that my Mac 90 is cleaned, locked and loaded. I don't want no trouble but will do what it takes to protect my family. My twelve year old has shot more rounds and killed more food than most grown men. My wife can outshot my son. My 7 year old knows how to load a 7.62 30 round magazine...comes in handy when the coyotes get in the cow paster.. If either one of them decides to use these skills to defend this nation then they have 100% of my suport. If either one of them use these skills to rob, steal or hurt any human without just cause then it's between them and God cause I want be standing there.

I did my tour in Iraq with the 101st and I support the war. I think we should continue to defend ourselves against all enemies foreign and domestic.

hey i agree with the second amendment...you missed my point...my point was what if he was asked to give up a right that someone else chose for him to give up..."for the better of society". and i picked a right that i thought "sacrifing" would affect him in the same way as maybe being a black man and being racially profiled and "harassed" because of that in the hopes that an end justifies a means......

as far as the iraq thing...thanks for doing what was asked of you. and again i agree we need to defend ourselves, but there was not a single iraqi on those plains...and yet we attack iraq....as far as all the crap going on in iraq now with the insurgency, we could have started a fight with brazil and those bozos would have come there...which also tells me they also would have come to afghanistan eventually if we gave that more time bfore attacking iraq...JMO

smr
04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
i assure you there is no shame in me. i have a very clear conscence(sp?)...it's the others that do not see the error of their ways that should be ashamed. but ignorance has a nice way of suppressing guilt.....hey i remeber you.... aren't you the guy that posted a pic shooting your rifle while sitting in your hot tub and drinking a beer.....that was a funny one....

Bill in a hot tub with a rifle...:eek2:...don't even want to think about that.

Pappy
04-19-2007, 01:53 PM

lerch and i both love to argue, and we both know not to take pot shots literally. his pm contained nothing in the form of asking this thread to be closed. it is always good to hear the other side of a topic and get differing views, even if they are wrong....haha

lerch..i replied to your pm. please inform me of any words that lee said, because he did not say them to me...lol sounds like someone is telling tales..lmao

04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
. it is always good to hear the other side of a topic and get differing views, even if they are wrong....haha

hey i was thinking the exact same thing!!....:eek2:

04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
hey i agree with the second amendment...you missed my point...my point was what if he was asked to give up a right that someone else chose for him to give up..."for the better of society". and i picked a right that i thought "sacrifing" would affect him in the same way as maybe being a black man and being racially profiled and "harassed" because of that in the hopes that an end justifies a means......

as far as the iraq thing...thanks for doing what was asked of you. and again i agree we need to defend ourselves, but there was not a single iraqi on those plains...and yet we attack iraq....as far as all the crap going on in iraq now with the insurgency, we could have started a fight with brazil and those bozos would have come there...which also tells me they also would have come to afghanistan eventually if we gave that more time bfore attacking iraq...JMO

Afghanistan is being held responsible for 9/11. Iraq supports Afghanistan, and I think Bush h as a problem with terrorism...Just like the majority of the people in the U.S. do.

That's why I agree with Bush and think that we should nip it in the bud and finish it before it gets worse, and not just wait for the worse to happen.

04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Afghanistan is being held responsible for 9/11. Iraq supports Afghanistan, and I think Bush h as a problem with terrorism...Just like the majority of the people in the U.S. do.

That's why I agree with Bush and think that we should nip it in the bud and finish it before it gets worse, and not just wait for the worse to happen.

wow you have info that no one else in the world has...iraq supports(ed) afghanistan....:confused: ..that's news to me....and by the way we all have a problem with terrorism....but there wasn't any in iraq when we attacked, it wasn't full of terrorists, let me re-itterate iraq did not have 1 single person on those plains...you would think if they hated us so much that they would of had at least one guy on the planes....and let me let you in on a secret, they ain't called terrorist in iraq now either...they are called insurgents....and like i said before, if we would have just taken care of business, completely by the way, in afghanistan they would have ended up there too....so now we are spread so thin that we now have no way to respond to that moron in iran, and the other one in korea...or even help the poor souls in darfur either...

and as far as the majority here in america...they don't believe the B.S. about iraq and why we are there anymore...it's a big mess, ad we should have never gone there...

04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
wow you have info that no one else in the world has...iraq supports(ed) afghanistan....:confused: ..that's news to me....and by the way we all have a problem with terrorism....but there wasn't any in iraq when we attacked, it wasn't full of terrorists, let me re-itterate iraq did not have 1 single person on those plains...you would think if they hated us so much that they would of had at least one guy on the planes....and let me let you in on a secret, they ain't called terrorist in iraq now either...they are called insurgents....and like i said before, if we would have just taken care of business, completely by the way, in afghanistan they would have ended up there too....so now we are spread so thin that we now have no way to respond to that moron in iran, and the other one in korea...or even help the poor souls in darfur either...

and as far as the majority here in america...they don't believe the B.S. about iraq and why we are there anymore...it's a big mess, ad we should have never gone there...

In no way did Iraq oppose Afghanistan. We shouldn't even had to go to Iraq or Afghanistan in the first place. The first Bush should have done what was needed. But he pulled out because the country wanted to and now look. 10 years later and it's escalated to this point. It had to be done, and Bush is probably going to be marked down because he was the president to do it.

troyleepred719
04-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Bush will always be opposed, he has already achieved the stereotype of a moron, but he is the president. When 911 happened, no one had a clue who did what, but he got a tip and acted on it. Im sure he knew a little more about it than we do, but he went after it. i dont agree that we should be in Iraq...but I still support my troops and my president. Bush may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but he stepped up and tried to avenge the thousands dead after 911, and he earns my respect for that.

smr
04-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Bush will always be opposed, he has already achieved the stereotype of a moron, but he is the president. When 911 happened, no one had a clue who did what, but he got a tip and acted on it. Im sure he knew a little more about it than we do, but he went after it. i dont agree that we should be in Iraq...but I still support my troops and my president. Bush may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but he stepped up and tried to avenge the thousands dead after 911, and he earns my respect for that.

I agree with you. Bush will go down in history as one of the greastest. Not because of the massive stock marcket rebounds we have seen the last two years but because he is the man that stood up to these thugs in the middle east and for that he has earned my respect also.

Anyone that says Iraq wasn't supporting afghanistan before the war must be living under a rock. They have kept thier ties tight and now we are fighting the same people in Iraq that we started fighting in afghanistan. Just think how bad it would be if we hadden jumped on Iraq when we did.

North Korea and Iran had better watch thier step...:macho

troyleepred719
04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
North Korea and Iran had better watch thier step...

Thats a scary thought right there. Iran and NK, both two nations known for their Superpowers in the Nuculear Weapondry Dept. I support my pres and my troops, but Bushs best set would be to just finish in Iraq and make some aggreements with the other two. Neither country has anything to lose, and would willingly go to war. Not saying we couldnt handle it, but thats soemthing that doesnt need to happen. especially with Nuculear Weapons, cause if that happends, I can see WW3 happening.

04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by smr
I agree with you. Bush will go down in history as one of the greastest. Not because of the massive stock marcket rebounds we have seen the last two years but because he is the man that stood up to these thugs in the middle east and for that he has earned my respect also.

Anyone that says Iraq wasn't supporting afghanistan before the war must be living under a rock. They have kept thier ties tight and now we are fighting the same people in Iraq that we started fighting in afghanistan. Just think how bad it would be if we hadden jumped on Iraq when we did.

North Korea and Iran had better watch thier step...:macho

GW as the "one of the greatest" now i've heard it all! bush can't add 3 numbers together, let alone take any credit for anything to do with the stock market......i'm living under a rock ya okay...like i've said before, but i guess i'll say it again, the INSURGENTS in iraq are from: saudi arabia, syria, iran, algeria, somalia etc. etc....ya they are the same guys that we are fighting in afghanistan...so why did we start a war with iraq? DUHHHH!!! iraq had nothing left to support them with!! we wipe everything out in the first gulf war!!! why do you think we attacked iraq in the first place? because the iraqis couldn't, for the most part, fight back!! basically we attacked a defenseless country. ya believe it or not. ya now there are people fighting against us, but that's after the fact, and they are called I-N-S-U-R-G-E-N-T-S. which by the very defintion means they are not from that country. also let me explain to you people why we are not attacking iran, and also why we didn't attack N korea, because they can fight back!! ya they REALLY DO have WMDs, unlike what we we're told about iraq...HELLOOOO.....amzing what someone can figure out under a heavy naturally formed object, in the dark huh?:rolleyes:

Crashmore 22
04-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I hope justice is served on the other side of life!

smr
04-27-2007, 07:00 AM
GW as the "one of the greatest" now i've heard it all! bush can't add 3 numbers together, let alone take any credit for anything to do with the stock market......i'm living under a rock ya okay...like i've said before, but i guess i'll say it again, the INSURGENTS in iraq are from: saudi arabia, syria, iran, algeria, somalia etc. etc....ya they are the same guys that we are fighting in afghanistan...so why did we start a war with iraq? DUHHHH!!! iraq had nothing left to support them with!! we wipe everything out in the first gulf war!!! why do you think we attacked iraq in the first place? because the iraqis couldn't, for the most part, fight back!! basically we attacked a defenseless country. ya believe it or not. ya now there are people fighting against us, but that's after the fact, and they are called I-N-S-U-R-G-E-N-T-S. which by the very defintion means they are not from that country. also let me explain to you people why we are not attacking iran, and also why we didn't attack N korea, because they can fight back!! ya they REALLY DO have WMDs, unlike what we we're told about iraq...HELLOOOO.....amzing what someone can figure out under a heavy naturally formed object, in the dark huh?:rolleyes:

Looks like you got it figured out...now stop listening to the media and talk to a soldier.

whiteboycustom
04-27-2007, 07:23 AM
i didnt read everything and i doubt i will, u have 2 sides to a story what is told in the white house and what the white house tells the media, noone might ever know why we went to iraq but the reason was saddam wasnt cooperating so they took him out,

also im a iraq veteran april 03 - april 04

04-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by smr
Looks like you got it figured out...now stop listening to the media and talk to a soldier.

as far as i'm concerned an "on tour" soldier does not, and should not give a crap what is being said. all they should care about is getting themselves and their fellow soldiers home safely....:ermm: ...and to be honest with you i would think that soldiers(americans) are purposely kept in the dark. if they weren't, they may be less likely to put their butts on the line...if it was for oil or something like that....JMO....

....and by the way i get my info from an analysis of different sources...really my own ability to process what is being said makes it obvious to me we've been lied to in a BIG way. and i would assume that unless you have a red phone that goes directly to the white house you're getting your info the same as anyone else....:rolleyes:

whiteboycustom
04-27-2007, 08:09 AM
dlerch when and what branch of the military did u serve in???

smr
04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by whiteboycustom

I wasn't aware that he did.

I served with the 101st. 502nd infantry, 1st bat delta company. (wardogs)

whiteboycustom
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
yea thats what i figured,he sits the sidelines while everyone else does the dirty work so he can say what he pleases

and smr i was 4mp co 4th id

smr
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
yea thats what i figured,he sits the sidelines while everyone else does the dirty work so he can say what he pleases

Thanks for serving. Are you back for good or do you have to go again?

I was a tow gunner...and guess what...I knew who I was fighting and I cared about the cause.

I didn't figure he had served because he said the one thing a true soldier would never say....I bet every soldier or vet that has read his post picked up on that.

whiteboycustom
04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
when i got back in april of 04 i got out in july, well i took 2 months of leave first, i served 5 years

and thank u bud for the same, i was military police, and i have some good pics from my lt of them shooting saddams sons house with a tow

matter of fact this month was the last of my 3 years inactive since i was in the DEP

i wish i could go back as a civilian, do things alot different then haha

smr
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
when i got back in april of 04 i got out in july, well i took 2 months of leave first, i served 5 years

and thank u bud for the same, i was military police, and i have some good pics from my lt of them shooting saddams sons house with a tow

matter of fact this month was the last of my 3 years inactive since i was in the DEP

i wish i could go back as a civilian, do things alot different then haha

cool..I know what you mean by going back. It really berns me up that people really don't have a clue as to whats going on over there. It's the media not our goverment who is to blame.

I thought about going back as a civilian, but I have two kids that need thier daddy around.

I had a very good friend that was on the mition you speak of, I've got the video from one of the Kiowa's.

whiteboycustom
04-27-2007, 12:44 PM
yea i love some good vids and pics from actual people there,

this is off topic but heres a nice link http://www.blackwaterusa.com/

JOEX
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM
....and by the way i get my info from an analysis of different sources...really my own ability to process what is being said makes it obvious to me we've been lied to in a BIG way....
That's called forming an opinion:)

04-27-2007, 04:20 PM

whoa whoa whoa...so you have to serve in the military to be right? that's new to me....i'm 37, and i assure you if i was some young guy with no direction in life, and actually believed the crap being spewed by bush and his cronies. i would have volunteered. why don't you ask what branch of the military your vice president served in....oh ya that's right he was "to busy"....gimme a break. doing what your country asks of you is honorable. but it does not give you super human intelligence....john kerry served in the military, and the last time i checked he doesn't believe in it, or john murtha....do i need to go on...

04-27-2007, 04:28 PM

i'm just curious what you think dirty work is? and as far as i'm concerned i'm the type of person that actually cares about the common soldier....because it sure as hell ain't our government....but then again they like sending other peoples kids to die, which by the way are not the rich elite...
since you did a tour. can you tell me why we went into iraq originally?

Crashmore 22
04-28-2007, 01:42 AM
i'm just curious what you think dirty work is? and as far as i'm concerned i'm the type of person that actually cares about the common soldier....because it sure as hell ain't our government....but then again they like sending other peoples kids to die, which by the way are not the rich elite...
since you did a tour. can you tell me why we went into iraq originally?

I'm pretty sure the dirty work he is refering to is putting his ***** on the line to protect this great country, so that we can sit here knowing that there is no way in he\\ a bunch of "snake charmers" will ever think about attacking the USA. I don't agree with everything the government does, but it is your duty as an american to support your leaders. If you dislike this country so bad with its leaders, racial profiling, and racism why don't you move to Iraq since you feel so sorry for the people there. I bet you would get a whole new respect the freedoms that you neglect here.

smr, whiteboycustoms, I personally have never served in the military, but my father is a Nam veteran, my uncle was killed in Nam, and both my grandfathers were WWII veterans. From what they told me about life in a warzone thank you both for you bravery and honor in volunteering and serving this great country. In my opinion there is nothing more honorable than willingly standing up and defending the "Home of the Brave".

04-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the dirty work he is refering to is putting his ***** on the line to protect this great country, so that we can sit here knowing that there is no way in he\\ a bunch of "snake charmers" will ever think about attacking the USA. I don't agree with everything the government does, but it is your duty as an american to support your leaders. If you dislike this country so bad with its leaders, racial profiling, and racism why don't you move to Iraq since you feel so sorry for the people there. I bet you would get a whole new respect the freedoms that you neglect here.

yeah well my point is that he wouldn't have to be doing "dirty" work if the stupid leader of this country had a clue.....and as for your reasoning i guess the germans were good people for supporting hitler...:rolleyes: ...i do agree this country is great, but two things; it's great because of its citizens, not its leaders, and the other thing is; just because its great compared to other countries, doesn't mean it can't be better!!

smr
04-30-2007, 06:25 AM
dlerch...Looks like you are the minority here.

No you don't have to be a veteran to be smart but you said earlier that a soldier doesn't care about anything but getting himself and his buddies home. You see that's where you crossed the line, you are not a soldier so don't assume. You've gather your info your way and your happy with that. Well that's fine, we don't down you for that. But I'm telling you that soldiers know the real story and that's why they don't mind being deployed to fight these thugs while people like you set back and talk about how stupid the war and our leaders are. (dirty work)

Like I said before....the media has turned many people against the war, what your seeing on TV isn't the real deal.

So go to work and drive your car and don't worry about Okmed blowing you up. No matter how much you hate our Comander in Cheif, or our war....a soldier will still protect you...that's the dirty work.

04-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by smr
dlerch...Looks like you are the minority here.

No you don't have to be a veteran to be smart but you said earlier that a soldier doesn't care about anything but getting himself and his buddies home. You see that's where you crossed the line, you are not a soldier so don't assume. You've gather your info your way and your happy with that. Well that's fine, we don't down you for that. But I'm telling you that soldiers know the real story and that's why they don't mind being deployed to fight these thugs while people like you set back and talk about how stupid the war and our leaders are. (dirty work)

Like I said before....the media has turned many people against the war, what your seeing on TV isn't the real deal.

So go to work and drive your car and don't worry about Okmed blowing you up. No matter how much you hate our Comander in Cheif, or our war....a soldier will still protect you...that's the dirty work.

i was against the war a week after it started, and it has nothing to do with the media....and i've spoken to returning soldiers...and yes some are for the war and some are against it.... so you think over half of the country is against the war because they are all hippies and watch cnn? come on there are former military leaders, poloticians, scientists etc. etc... these are intelligent people....were not just talking about michael moore and sean penn here....and you can't tell me when "okmed" is trying to blow you and the other guys up in the humvee, that your sitting there saying to each other "man we gotta get this guy for little suzie in cleveland"...no you guys are trying to save each others butts, and there is nothing wrong with that...hey my heart hurts too every time i see a casket with a flag draped over it...and the sacrifices that are made by the great people of this country are more than anyone could ask for... but you should be thankful that people like me have the courage to stand up and make sure that those sacrifices are made for the right reasons, regardless of how "unpatriotic" blind followers think it may be. i wanna be sure this is not for oil or haliburton, or some ego thing....and listen, no matter what you think, i ain't some anti-american puke, that just thinks it's "cool" to be against this war. i am a person who legitamately thinks that we were and still are being lied to about why we are there....

troyleepred719
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
dlerch,

Are you friggin kidding me. It doesnt matter what we are at war for, You have the right to vote, excercise it.Whether you didnt get who you wanted in office, it sucks, but thats America. The point is, you should shut ur mouth about our country. I am not a soldier, i have not run the front line, or giving up seeing my children grow up , so that others may have that oppurtunity, I have not seen my dearest friends blown to pieces, by someone who has a heart so cold that they could do it our of sheer jealousy, nor have you, and I will not listen to you bad mouth those who have, or tell them that they should be THANKFUL for you, because you will stand up against the thoughts of the Commander in schief, who they have promised their lives too. You have no right to bad mouth these men, and you should thank them for giving their lives and their memories to protect us at home that dont have the courage to do their Jobs, I wont speak for you, but I will thank SMR and all his fellow soldiers whether or not you agree with it.

THANK YOU SMR!

04-30-2007, 05:54 PM
dlerch,

Are you friggin kidding me. It doesnt matter what we are at war for, You have the right to vote, excercise it.Whether you didnt get who you wanted in office, it sucks, but thats America. The point is, you should shut ur mouth about our country. I am not a soldier, i have not run the front line, or giving up seeing my children grow up , so that others may have that oppurtunity, I have not seen my dearest friends blown to pieces, by someone who has a heart so cold that they could do it our of sheer jealousy, nor have you, and I will not listen to you bad mouth those who have, or tell them that they should be THANKFUL for you, because you will stand up against the thoughts of the Commander in schief, who they have promised their lives too. You have no right to bad mouth these men, and you should thank them for giving their lives and their memories to protect us at home that dont have the courage to do their Jobs, I wont speak for you, but I will thank SMR and all his fellow soldiers whether or not you agree with it.

THANK YOU SMR!

i have every right to say if i disagree with the reasons why we are in iraq...that's what america is all about, and it's also one of the things that the soldiers are, and have fought for. have you heard of it, freedom of speech? so don't act like i'm not thankful for their sacrifices. in fact it's not their sacrifices that i question, but why they have been asked to sacrifice!! can you COMPREHEND that? so don't try to make it seem like saying something i'm not...and by the way go back thru the posts, i've already thanked him, and many others on the site for their service...that doesn't mean i can't disagree with something the man says....so maybe until you understand what you're talking about, maybe you should be the one shutting your mouth....:ermm: ...

troyleepred719
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM
You have the all the rights in the world, and I have all the right to question it, if i feel the need, ITS WHAT AMERICAS ALL ABOUT. Im not going to argue over whether not your a patriot over the internet, this thread has been dead for over a week, and I have not gone through them religiously trying to find something to whine to you about. You said tha you thank the soldiers, and thats good enough for me. As far as UNDERSTANDING what I am talking about, maybe I have no clue what Im talking about, but its my right to have my opinion and outlook on things, and therefore I reserve the right, to post it, whether or not other members like it. If I have offended you from my mis understanding of your post I apologize, but let that be an example to others on this site, These men and women risk their lives everyday for you, giving up things that could never be broughten back, so thank them once in a while for what they do, im sure they will appreciate it more than me.
i have every right to say if i disagree with the reasons why we are in iraq...that's what america is all about, and it's also one of the things that the soldiers are, and have fought for. have you heard of it, freedom of speech? so don't act like i'm not thankful for their sacrifices. in fact it's not their sacrifices that i question, but why they have been asked to sacrifice!! can you COMPREHEND that? so don't try to make it seem like saying something i'm not...and by the way go back thru the posts, i've already thanked him, and many others on the site for their service...that doesn't mean i can't disagree with something the man says....so maybe until you understand what you're talking about, maybe you should be the one shutting your mouth....:ermm: ...

smr
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
hey guys..it's all good. We live in a country that we all have the right to speak our minds. Thank you to everyone that suports our soldiers.

dlerch...I think you affend some people when you spoke out or school about what a soldier cares about. If you don't like what Mr Busch is doing then thats cool....speak your mind and leave it at that, but don't ever try to figure out why a soldier does what he does until you've been there and don that. Till this day I still hold dear to me the things I saw and the smiles on the kids face when we where there. You see most of those kids couldn't even pray in the streets for fear of Sodum. I've seen how many lives we have touched and I think it's a shame that the media have ignored that.

troyleepred719...It's people like you that have let us soldeirs know that there is still people here that respect what we do. For that I want to say thank you and keep your prayers coming.

No hard feelings...but please don't believe what your seeing on TV. Support our soldiers and don't let the politions turn this into another Veitnam. If we wern't fighting these guys in Iraq then we would see much more of what we saw on 9/11.

troyleepred719
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
its means alot to me to hear that from a soldier. i may not support the war, but i support those fighting it. thank you for doing what you do.

dlerch. no hard feelings..

05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
its means alot to me to hear that from a soldier. i may not support the war, but i support those fighting it. thank you for doing what you do.

dlerch. no hard feelings..

agreed!:cool:

troyleepred719
05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
i cant believe this thread lasted 108 and still going........

Crashmore 22
05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm sure you don't dlerch...

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:
>>
>>I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
>>numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are
>>things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
>>Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like
>>the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment
>>Television, or Miss White America; and se e what happens...Jesse Jackson
>>will be knocking down your door.
>>
>>Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can
>>kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you
>>from driving to the ball game.
>>
>>I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there
>>are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING
>>MARTHA BURKE?
>>
>>I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is
>>an opinion.
>>
>>I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are
>>different, weird, or tick me off.
>>
>>When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of
>>the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of
>>Probability.
>>
>>I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
>>newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact,
>>if you want to be an American citizen, you shoul d have to speak English!
>>
>>My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
>>countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
>>
>>I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you
>>threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the
>>word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.
>>
>>I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are
>>qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans
>>or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store,
>>or any other business.
>>
>>We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives
>>in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come
>>over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to
>>their interpretations.
>>
>>I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.
>>
>>I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That
>>doesn't stop you from watching them.
>>
>>I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
>>continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
>>operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.
>>
>>It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a
>>parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when
>>necessary, and say "NO!"
>>
>>I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't
>>pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that
>>new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as
>>you serve me French fries!
>>
>>I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people,
and
>>not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be
>>"African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go
around
>>saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great,
>>great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America
>>and nowhere else
>>
>>And if you don't like my point of view, tough...
>>
>>I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO
>>THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH
>>LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!
>>
>>I was asked to send this on if I agree or delete if I don't. It is said
>>that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time
>>understanding why there is such a problem in having "In God We Trust"
on
>>our money and having "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we
just
>>tell the 14% to Shut Up and BE QUIET!!!
>>
>>If you agree SIGN IT lets see the house and senate get this, pass this on,
>>if not delete. .

05-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm sure you don't dlerch...

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:
>>
>>I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
>>numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are
>>things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
>>Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like
>>the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment
>>Television, or Miss White America; and se e what happens...Jesse Jackson
>>will be knocking down your door.
>>
>>Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can
>>kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you
>>from driving to the ball game.
>>
>>I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there
>>are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING
>>MARTHA BURKE?
>>
>>I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is
>>an opinion.
>>
>>I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are
>>different, weird, or tick me off.
>>
>>When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of
>>the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of
>>Probability.
>>
>>I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
>>newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact,
>>if you want to be an American citizen, you shoul d have to speak English!
>>
>>My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
>>countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
>>
>>I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you
>>threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the
>>word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.
>>
>>I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are
>>qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans
>>or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store,
>>or any other business.
>>
>>We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives
>>in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come
>>over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to
>>their interpretations.
>>
>>I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.
>>
>>I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That
>>doesn't stop you from watching them.
>>
>>I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
>>continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
>>operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.
>>
>>It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a
>>parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when
>>necessary, and say "NO!"
>>
>>I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't
>>pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that
>>new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as
>>you serve me French fries!
>>
>>I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people,
and
>>not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be
>>"African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go
around
>>saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great,
>>great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America
>>and nowhere else
>>
>>And if you don't like my point of view, tough...
>>
>>I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO
>>THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH
>>LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!
>>
>>I was asked to send this on if I agree or delete if I don't. It is said
>>that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time
>>understanding why there is such a problem in having "In God We Trust"
on
>>our money and having "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we
just
>>tell the 14% to Shut Up and BE QUIET!!!
>>
>>If you agree SIGN IT lets see the house and senate get this, pass this on,
>>if not delete. .

i agree with some of it.....and by the way, i'll give you something to think about...if minority is a numbers thing, why are women considered a minority? there are more women then men...:confused: ....
....as an overall observation andy rooney is getting to be a contankerous old man, that maybe getting frustrated that his time here is nearly over....i've seen this before in people, and it's not pretty....you see these people sometimes in the neighborhood, you know them, they complain if you walk NEAR their grass etc etc etc.....so basically sometimes they get it right, and sometimes they just p i s s and moan for no good reason.....i think he was doing a little of both...so to put it in a word, i agree with the intelligent stuff he said, i disagree with the p issin' and moanin' parts....;)

Crashmore 22
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
i agree with some of it.....and by the way, i'll give you something to think about...if minority is a numbers thing, why are women considered a minority? there are more women then men...:confused: ....
....as an overall observation andy rooney is getting to be a contankerous old man, that maybe getting frustrated that his time here is nearly over....i've seen this before in people, and it's not pretty....you see these people sometimes in the neighborhood, you know them, they complain if you walk NEAR their grass etc etc etc.....so basically sometimes they get it right, and sometimes they just p i s s and moan for no good reason.....i think he was doing a little of both...so to put it in a word, i agree with the intelligent stuff he said, i disagree with the p issin' and moanin' parts....;)

Well...Looks like we are making progress with you and your outlook :cool: