View Full Version : 300ex for sale cheap-$750 or best offer

OReilly
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey guys,

A friend of friend gave me his 300ex to do a tune up on it. After getting it to my house, I went thru everything and it doesn't have any compression. Its a complete quad and was running 3 weeks ago. It has stock rear plastic and maier fronts in red. maxis razr tires. It looks as though he ran it too low on oil and fried the rings and the head will need to be re-done as well most likely. Crank and engine spins freely with the electric start.

He wants to cut his losses and get what he can for it? No shipping and I am sure he is open to offers.

This is a perfect quad to cheaply fix up for someone.

PM or call me at 609-352-5735 if interested.

StupidHurts
04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
PIcs to Jbronish@epix.net??
Will he do $600??
Thanks

StupidHurts
04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
And what year??
Where in NJ are you??

SET THE STAGE
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
all these sweet deals are always out of reach for me haha

good luck to your friend with his sale!

quadfamily
04-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Where at in Jersey?

04-21-2007, 06:18 PM
is the suspension and swingarm/a arms brakes etc... good. I need new axle bearings and maybe just gonna redo the whole suspension. post pics plz.

OReilly
04-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry Guys.

I had to wait to hear back from him.It is definitely for sale and the lowest he will take is $750. Everything is fully intact including swing arm, shocks, frame, aftermarket bearing/axle carrier, White Bros E series full exhaust, DG nerf bars with new red nets, maxxis razr front tires(practically new on stock rims) and rear RAZR 2s on Douglass rear rims.

This is definitely a steel at $750. The parts I listed alone would bring that much on ebay.

Quad is located in Williamstown, NJ. 08094 Williamstown is about 20 minutes east of Philly and 40 minutes west of Atlantic City.

Any buyers???

I will post pictures tomorrow.

StupidHurts
04-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I am interested..
What year??
And is the engine already apart??
Thanks

04-29-2007, 08:12 AM
lets see some pics......

OReilly
04-29-2007, 08:20 AM
My photos are too large and the website will not accept them. PM me for photos or email me at patrick.oreilly@americantower.com and I will reply with the photos. The engine has not yet been touched and is completely intact and still mounted in the quad. I know it needs a piston and rings since I did a compression test on it. That is why I didn't bother braking it down. I did open the valve covers to make sure oil is pumping up top when I crank the electric start and it is pumping oil which is a good sign. I work on Honda quads as hobby and know the ins and outs of all honda ex quads. That is why I know what is wrong with it.

Updated items I found on quad are as followed"
TC Racing Ignition Module
DG Nerf Bars in great shape
Maxxis Razr 2 tires (60% tread left) on douglass rear rims with no dings
Front Maxxis imitation look alike tires with 90% tread on stock front rims
K&N Air Filter
White Bros E Series complete exhaust
Maier front plastic and stock rear plastic-NO CRACKS at all but the 2 reds do not match perfectly.

Needs piston and rings, sprockets and chain are worn and will need new, seat cover is torn.

Chain came off and cracked off the case saver bolts but did not crack the cases at all and there are no damage to the case savers.

The parts I just listed are worth more on ebay than I am asking for the entire quad. The frame, shocks, swing arm, etc... are in perfect shape and no bends.

This is a steel. I was going to buy it myself just for parts but i already have a 2005 450R, 2006 400ex, and a 1987 completely restored 250X.

First $750 at my door takes it. No shipping please.

OReilly
04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
bump

quadfamily
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Patrick,
As I said in the e-mail I sent you, I'm interested but I want to know if you have the title or bill of sale for this machine.