PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about my yfz

Honda TRX250ex
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I bought a new 2007 YFZ 450 BB edition and i have a few questions about it.My header turn really red the other day when i started it up at night, Is that normal? When i first start up the quad its a real pain in the arse to keep it idleing, it was about 45-50 degrees. It would run for a little bit then stall out and i coulden't get on the throttle for about five mins w/o it stalling out, normal?When i was ridding and the quad was warmed up, when it was idleing i would push the gas in all the way and it sounded like a blow off vavle comming out of my exhaust any ideas why it would be doing that?
What kind of oil do you guys recomend running in it also.
Thanks for the help.

JR3
04-17-2007, 03:54 PM
go bigger on the pilot jet like a 45 or 48 and i run belray 20w 50 thumper semi synthetic

sdbrown12388
04-22-2007, 12:20 AM
the head pipe turning real red is normal, and if you just bought the quad and are on your first tank of gas then it will do that with the idleing and stuff, i know my '06 did that, but after ridin it for a couple hours it got broken in enough to where it would run right, another thing that could be affecting it is the gas you are runnin in it make sure you run 91 or higher, and i run yamalube oil in mine

colt45
04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
ya man that is normal don't worry;)

KY_YFZ_04
04-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I think that 1/2 of your problems are normal. Yes on the YFZ the head pipe does get red this is due to the thin walls of the head pipe. If it is getting red almost instantly then your lean on your jetting. It sounds to me that you do need to up your pilot jet one notch to the 45 and that this will eliminate most of your problems with it not idling. Also I have noticed that the dealer sets the idle very low on these quads for some reason, you might want to up the idle just a little. Remember always let your quad warm up before riding and never rev. it up after you just started it, your just askin' for ring trouble down the road.